UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Default Holidays

Who's going on holiday over the Summer? How long for? What are your plans for trying to lose weight/maintain weight in that time food wise and exercise wise? What kind of things are you planning to eat while away? What are you planning on eating while traveling? How are you planning on keeping up with exercise? What "treats" will you still be planning on eating/drinking while away?

Lots of questions but we'll be away for 2 and a half weeks so need ideas to at least maintain my weight. I did OK last year but I also had a temp filling on a front tooth which was recovering from an infection so was still quite scared of eating some foods or too much in case i knocked the filling out and got another infection as well as 6 days eating hospital food when I broke my ankle, as well as my husband wasn't his normal bad influence as he had tonselitus (was a fun holiday!!!)
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

wow, I just hope you all stay healthy this time!!!!!

I've just been on holiday. I gained a pound in 9 days but then lost 6.5 the next week, so I'm guessing I actually lost on holiday but it was hidden by flying water.

I tried everything but only in small amounts, and I didn't feel deprived at all.
Good luck!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #3  
touchmytoes

we go away in just over a month,

ive cut out a vast majority of carbs including bread and potatoes.
I have small amount of fruit for breakie and then meat and salad for lunch and again for tea. if im hungry i snack on some egg whites and cheese...

doesnt sound good i know but its working,i also go to the gym every day for 50 mins and burn approx 300-400 cals

travelling there im going to be sensible and eat the same as now, stay off the booze until we get there (its a 11 hour flight) and then im going to eat salads and meat. no fish i will however have a pudding every night and i dont intend to starve myself. its the drink thats gonna get me!

i want to reach 9.5 stone before i go then i know i have 5lbs to play with...

people go all funny about cutting carbs but if you do it right as in dont cut them completely and bring them back in on odd day to make sure that your body doesnt go nuts
Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Costa Del Back Garden for us this year! Though we'll probably take our daughter to Skeggie for a day trip and also a visit to a theme park, probably Alton Towers. I think it will be easier to stay within my calorie allowance at Skegness simply because there's more choices on where to eat. At a theme park you're stuck with whatever last food chains are available, or you do as I plan and pack your own and try not to be tempted.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5,1"

I'm having the same issue! Im going on holiday next week to Poland for 4 days. The good thing is, I'm going with my parents who aren't big drinkers so I hope I'll only be having the odd glass of wine (or some Polish vodka!). I do intend to take my gym clothes with me too as there is a gym in the hotel and I'm training for a 10K and if I get up an do 40 mins at the gym each morning when I'm there, I won't feel so bad about the odd drink! As for what I intend to eat, i really have no idea what kind of food they have for breakfast etc in Poland. But I'm sure I'll be able to have fruit or cereal for breakie and hopefully they aren't that big on chips etc at every other meal!
I really don't want to gain any weight while I'm away, in fact I'm hoping I might lose a little bit...and I have the added incentive of seeing my man for the first time in FOREVER when i get back, really want to look hot for him when he picks me up from the airport!
Cat x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Rosinante - you changed your name! Well done for doing so well while you were away. Yes hoping to avoid disasters this year! I'm not planning on depriving myself but I am planning on trying to walk as much as possible and not eat too many calories.

TOuchmytoes - my carbs are fairly low but we're going to Luxembourg so lots of fresh bread, croissants and they have the yummiest ice cream ever there so will be increasing carbs a lot while away! Normally I'd eat 2 croissants though with lots of butter and job so just going to eat one with a little jam instead. I like fresh bread,etc. too much. They also had these really nice pastries with custard in last year so again going to have some but maybe share it with my daughter so I just have half. I don't drink much alcohol anyway so wont' be having any while away. Will be drinking mainly water, coffee with breakfast and probably options hot chocolate at bedtime.

Nicki - costa del back garden and day trips can still have a lot of temptations. Yes we really need to be organised to avoid getting junk food whether we stay at home or go on holiday. We'll be packing a packed lunch everyday for day trips while we're away to avoid temptation of other food. We need to anyway as we're camping and have a very tight budget.

Cat - how did you do? We're camping so no gym though putting the tent up and down twice is a bit of a workout

My plan so far is lots of walking (though we always do anyway it will take more effort the way my ankle is now, lots of water, meat and salad or similar for our evening meal most nights (made at campsite), probably fresh bread and cheese or ham with fruit and maybe salad for lunch, croissant (just 1) or cereal for breakfast and most days an ice cream in the afternoon - an I will be watching portion sizes (no binges on sausages like last year ) and once we're back in England and camping here I'll be going back to less carbs as soon as possible (to eat like that in Luxembourg would be too expensive) so I'm completely back on plan by the time we're home.

Hoping it works but we will be having 2 cooked breakfasts (one on the ferry, one in a hotel the night we're back), probably 1 mcdonalds (I will just have a chicken burger and pinch a few fries form someone) while we're waiting for the ferry) on the way home and one visit to the chippy (will probably share the chips) back in England! But at least we've planned it so I can work around it all and be as healthy as possible the rest of the time It' s not too bad for 2.5 weeks away for us but the thought of all that fatty food turns my stomach these days!
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #7  
touchmytoes

well its the summer hols for me as a teacher.....

so today started badly but hey ho....just taken doggy out for stroll and will be hitting the gym in approx 15 mins...then back to do some cleaning then the gym again...yes im going twice in a day...im gonna battle this weight thing..im gonna win...sat down to put a little makeup on this morning looked at the flab coming forth from round the back..the rolls of my tummy..my thighs...something has to be done.. im gonna aim for cheryl cole but would be happy with kate winslet...