Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/228/145 (low of 221.8 '09)

Height: 5'7"

Smile Wii Fit!

I'd like to start a thread for folks to share their Wii fit accomplishments - getting to the next star level for a certain activity, the hours and color of our piggy bank, reaching perfect on a balance game, unlocking the last aerobic game, etc.

The first time I tried it, my Wii Fit Age was almost 60. Today is was 23 - two years less than my real age.

Today was the first time I did the Advanced Step Aerobics without any misses!

Please share your accomplishments, questions, frustrations, likes, or whatever is on your mind regarding Wii Fit.
FatGirlTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #2  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

I absolutely LOVE my Wii Fit. I've had it almost 3 weeks and I've lost 12.5lbs using it (well along with walking). I've clocked 8.5 hours on mine so far.

I have been trying like **** to beat my record on the Super Hula Hoop 10 minute duration, and I finally did! I was so proud! Not only did I beat it, I whooped it!

Question though, I didn't know the piggy banks changed color? When does this happen? Also, I am so excited to see what the last aerobic game is.

Congratulations on no misses on the ASA!! That is quite the accomplishment.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have the bronze piggy. I don't recall offhand what my time spent on there is though.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

I have had my Wii fit since Christmas. I just started using it these past few weeks as part of my work out routine. I LOVE IT!! It's truly challenging. I don't know if it's cause I'm just starting, but I'm still enjoying it. I've logged like 5 hours and 25 minutes or something like that. I love the advanced step! I also love the Yoga! It makes me feel quite bad sometimes. The your obese pretty much breaks my heart. But I keep thinking someday it'll say your hott! I'm just waiting for it. Or when you step on the board and it's like "OH" sometimes it says great but most of the time oH!

-I enjoy doing the workout combinations...
I"m not fond of running in place. I don't know if i'm just challenged but it doesn't pick up my running very well.
-I'm very hand eye coordinated challenge (the game likes to point that out to me) so I have a lot of trouble with the balance games.
Although the other night it told me I was 20! I welcomed that and assumed I Some how tricked the machine.
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Aphimira- I totally agree about the running challenges. I try to do them, but they just don't feel natural, not like how I would REALLY run.

I also love to mix up my workouts too. I start out with a 10 minute duration of Hula Hoop, then 5 minute Advanced Step, then 10 minute boxing. Then back to the Hula Hoop and Advance Step again.

I can't really get into the yoga, I just don't have the patience for it! I LOVE the zen training though. It's fun to just sit and zone out on your board.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I alternate among Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach, and Gold's Gym Cardio Workout. I started using my WiiFit every day, now I do it once a week.

I do enjoy using it, I just wish there was the abiltity to create workouts rather than continually have to choose things from the menu.

And, if you like the boxing, give Gold's Gym a try - the shape boxing is awesome!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

CountingDown -

I totally agree. I use Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach and Gold's Gym Cardio. The last is still new to me, I have only had it 4 days, but I absolutely love it
Old 07-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #8  
TransformingSince:6-26-09

S/C/G: 247.1/233.2/145

I love my Wii Fit, too! I've had it since it came out and have just gotten 10 hours logged. I just started using it again and have been using it as my scale since my bathroom scale is messed up. I like the advanced step and the free step. I set it for 30 minutes and watch something on my DVR while I step and it goes by fast.

Countingdown~ Wii Fit Plus is coming out in the fall and you can create your own workouts. It will also import all of your information from the Wii Fit. There are 6 new strength and yoga exercises and 15 new balance games. It tracks the calories you burn, too.

paisleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyprincess View Post
Countingdown~ Wii Fit Plus is coming out in the fall and you can create your own workouts. It will also import all of your information from the Wii Fit. There are 6 new strength and yoga exercises and 15 new balance games. It tracks the calories you burn, too.
I can't wait! I'm glad it will import my hard work
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

I've been wanting to try that gold's gym one....

Any idea how much wii fit plus might cost?
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

aphimira -

I am seeing in my results that the Wii Fit Plus with balance board will be around $90. Without the balance board around $30.

Hope this helps.

Hugs
Michelle
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

PS - Here is a trailer for the fit plus on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnoOx_n6Z2M
Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 245/228/145 (low of 221.8 '09)

Height: 5'7"

I hate the running in place, also. It just seems dumb and I don't like how it feels on my knees. Plus, you're not supposed to wear shoes with Wii fit and I hate running bare foot.

I am at 25 hours and my piggy bank changed colors at 10 hours and 20 hours. I started in March I think but today was my first day back on in a month.

I got a perfect on basic step and I was so excited. I never thought I would get the rhythm but I did.

I avoided the yoga at first but now I love it. The Sun Salutation is the best - I just feel so good after I do it.

I used to think the tight-rope walk was impossible but I eventually got 4 stars at every difficulty level.
FatGirlTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

FatGirlTale -

I am sure you can do the running with shoes since it doesn't require the balance board.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #15  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

I have the bronze piggy bank, and have logged about 17 hours in the two months I've had it.

I use my WiiFit mostly just to keep track of my weight, and do the free run and free step as I've been mostly working out with the EA Sports Active. I'm thinking of renting My Fitness Coach and the Golds Gym this week though so I can decide which one to buy next so I can try something new.

BTW fatgirltale... my favorite is the Sun Salutation too, and I've started doing that to stretch out every morning while my coffee is brewing. Also... I listen to music while I'm working out, and I just "dance" around sometimes during the free run, or do jumping jacks.. it still registers. Might be an option for you if you really cant do the running.

Last edited by Lissus; 07-11-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote