Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 12:41 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Arrow Steel Magnolias #173

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Another lovely day here. Not too hot and my windows are open to the breeze.

The birthday party for 6 year old Sierra last evening was so much fun. Quite the family gathering and we sure laughed a lot. I had a small sliver of the cake and could have eaten more it was so yummy but I stayed within my points. I am so glad that we decided to get educational type presents for those children for they get all the Barbies and Whatevers they can use. She did get a few nice outfits of jeans and shorts and tops that matched and some cute little tennis shoes without any backs in them.

JEAN I love that house but I don't have any children living with me. Maybe if they have "normal" kids that sit in front of the TV all day long when they aren't in school it would work. And think of the leg exercises one would get just going home. Park the car then up and up and around you go. Lots of positives there. And realtively no yard work. No grass to mow.

Have a lovely day Flowers
Old 06-29-2002, 04:57 PM   #2  

Just checking in . . . thanks for starting the new thread, Maggie!

Is this little "quick reply" box new or have I just been missing it?

I am off to fix fish for supper -- fish that Beth and Bob caught in MN. Be back later maybe!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 06-29-2002, 09:11 PM   #3  

Hi All,
If I didn't bank some activity points today, it isn't for lack of trying! We put our kayaks in the river at 1PM, and got to camp at 5. We worked most of the way, as there's not a whole lot of current, and we had to dodge the rocks. My friend got hung up on one for about 30 minutes, but her DH saved the day. My arms and shoulders are sore! Early to bed for this wilted bloom.
Have a great Sunday.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:38 PM   #4  

Bubbles -- WOW Just reading about your travels make me hurt and tired! It was 95 degrees here this afternoon . . . I hope it was cooler than that for you. Are you at camp now? Sleep tight!

It has been pretty quiet in the flower patch -- where is everyone?

I am off to figure out what I am wearing to church tomorrow and iron a white shirt for DH.

Have a super Sunday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 06-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #5  

I'm not living at camp, but it's only five miles away, and my house sort of becomes "the annex" during the summer, as I'm only 2 blocks from the middle of downtown Histerical Lewisburg. I know that's unkind, because those who have invested time and money in keeping our town historic with restorations, etc. are to commended. Unfortunately, some folks tend to become a tad over zealous in my humble(?!) opinion. I'm taking this summer off for me........doing aquarobics 4x/week, walking the dog 2x/day, and clerking for 2 WW classes. I sometimes move the dirt around too, but as seldom as possible.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:36 PM   #6  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Tis nearing the end of a long, busy, crazy day! We had a wake to go to this afternoon and were meeting friends from DH's 'old neighborhood'. Didn't know if they would come back to the house after so had to prepare, in case. As it turned out they didn't. Whew! Up early and cleaned house and got some food ready but it is now on hold for us for the rest of the week! When we got home about 3:30 DD#2 and SIL and 2 GK's stopped by. They had an air conditioner for us! We have never had one but they thought that with the prediction of 95+ for the next few days we needed one. It was so thoughtful of them....but then they tried to install it. It took about 3 hours but Paul is persistant and it is now up and running. The entire 1st floor will be nice and cool and if it is too hot to sleep upstairs we can always camp out in the living room. While this was going on DD#1 and her youngest stopped by for a visit. We go along for long spells with no company and they everyone stops by at once.

On Wednesday we will be heading to the Cape to celebrate the Fourth with my girl friend. We will be heading back here on Friday. She has not been too well and I said the only way we would visit would be if she let me bring some of the meals. She agreed so I don't feel like we are imposing on her too much. Hope this years fireworks are visible. Last year we were fogged out!

GREYBUBS: Way to go...taking the summer for yourself. We all need to do that once in a while. I admire your camping skills. As everyone here knows I like a more sophisticated camping sight...The Ritz!

JEAN: Hope you have survived the heat out there in Iowa! It is due here tomorrow. That sounded like quite a house but as you said it is not really practical, especially with a baby due. I am sure they will find just the right place eventually.

MAGGIE: You are one strong woman. I have great faith that you will keep on ticking down the road to thin.

Gloria in MA......off to bed now as I had an early rising this AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:53 PM   #7  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's another hot one today -- 95 degrees and WIND! We made a fast trip to MIL's but it was windier there than here so didn't get anything done. We mainly went to put the top cover on the boat hoist but we would have been doing a "Mary Poppins" for sure! There's no point in cleaning the beach when the wind is so strong.

I think our new lady minister is going to be a keeper! The associate only introduced himself and did a short prayer but he has a nice voice. We were more than a little apprehensive!

Bubbles -- Your summer plan sounds great! When we first moved here we had some neighbors who bought a camper and camped in our local camp ground. We used to laugh because they would make a dozen trips home each day for things they forgot or thought they needed. I'm not a very good camper -- I like indoor plumbing, a real bed, heat, air, and running water! I'm with you in the "moving dirt" club . . . it seems like
it's never done!

Gloria -- You have been a busy lady! I know you will enjoy the air conditioner . . . you will wonder how you ever got along without it! In talking about THE house, Jason still can't understand why the rest of us don't think it is the right house for them. Bob finally ended the conversation by saying, "if Mama isn't happy, no one will be!" Hah! Enjoy you 4th visit with your friend . . . you are a sweetheart to bring the food!

I need to do another load of laundry. I guess the maid is on strike this weekend as nothing was done while we were gone this afternoon! Have a marvelous Monday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:30 AM   #8  

Good Morning . . . time to rise and shine!

I'm afraid we are in for another hot and sticky day with no rain in sight. I have an eye appt. this afternoon and also need to run some errands. I should make my grocery list for the 4th so that I don't have to go on the 3rd. Hmmmm, that does sound like a plan.

Maggie -- where are you?

Have a nice day everyone!

Jean -- in HOT Iowa!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:05 AM   #9  

I'm beginning to feel just a little bit alone in the flower patch!

Where is everyone?
Old 07-02-2002, 07:45 AM   #10  
Web Nana

Jean, You are not alone. I had 5 minutes between cooking for the Fourth and Laundry and came here to read. Now, I must say HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to all Flowers!!!!! Enjoy and stay cool.

Gloria in MA...doing the Pavlov bit ie: my dryer just rang it's bell. LOL
Old 07-02-2002, 09:54 AM   #11  

Good Morning!
It has cooled off here, cloudy, and looks like some rain clouds are moving in. We need the rain badly. My windows are open and there is a gentle breeze . . . I love it!

Gloria -- I am just getting ready to make my grocery list for the 4th. Thought I would hit the grocery store this morning and maybe avoid some of the last minute shoppers. No doubt I will have to send DH for whatever I forgot to get the first time.

Maggie -- Congratulations on another loss!

I am off! Have a great day, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-02-2002, 10:01 AM   #12  

I forgot to share that my orphan Momma Cat brought her kittens to us . . . she had 4 again and they are quite a "pawful" for her to keep track of! They are so much fun to watch but they run and hide under the deck if they see us. They don't seem particularly interested in canned catfood and that's how I caught the last litter. I'll have to keep trying.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:12 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Almost the 4th

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We have been so busy every minute that Cowboy has been off lately. We are searching for the best deal on YES my yellow Mustang convertable! AH - how sweet it is. Cowboy said we can go ahead and get it so I can be enjoying it down this road to thin since he is so proud of me and knows I will make it to goal. Now he has announced since he is getting that car for me he will take me in my new car, which won't be new anymore, when I do reach goal to the black hills and get me that bracelet watch that I want for a goal present.

I am so happy for all of you doing good things for yourselves. Looks like the rest of the year will be a good trip down this road to thin for all of us.

Last edited by Maggie; 07-02-2002 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:26 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone!!!!

It has been a long time since I posted. Before I started to work, I made plans to redue my upstairs..I brought all of the paint, paper...picked out the new carpets and so on. So now that school is out and I am not working, I thought I would get the project going. Boy, what a project. It has been hard to do a lot of the work, because all we have been having is rain. That is really unusual for us in July...usually we are topping in the l00's and dry. But we have been in the 80's and have been getting rain for the last week and the prediction is for rain until at least the 4th of July. Needless to say, paint dosen't dry that great when it is so humid out...so it is taking longer to get that part of the project done. But I will be happy when the upstairs is finsihed. I will do the downstairs during the school year. That isn't as big of a project as I planned for the upstairs. A lot of the work downstairs will be done by contractors...I am too chicken to put in my own cabinets......

Maggie: I am soooo proud of you. You are doing soooo good ...... I have been OP, but haven't weighed myself yet.

Jean: I love kittens...we had an orphan cat bring a liter up to our house, my oldest son got one to let him touch it. Since I first seen the kittens I have found a couple dead...I think my neighbor is leaving water out with antifreeze in it. She does that ....I hate people like that...

Gloria: Have a nice visit with your friend....I love the Cape...don't get to visit it too much now that I live down here...

Well, I guess I better get back to work....I hope everyone has a great 4th of July.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:41 PM   #15  

Good Evening, Flowers!

Maggie -- You will look pretty snazzy in that yellow Mustang!

Lorraine -- It's good to see you again! I would go get that water bowl and have it tested, then turn that dame into the authorities! I think that animal abuse should carry the same penalty as human abuse. I just get so very, very, very, very angry!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! I gave up and turned the air on again this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Closed Thread