Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile Need a great WW recipe for shrimp

I have 3 bags of frozen shrimp..... I would like a good low cal/low fat recipe for them. something my family would never guess that they were not fattining. HELP!!!!
haneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #2  

Hi! I'm brand new here and happened to get this recipe recently from a friend so I figured it was a sign that I should get posting

BBQ Shrimp Skewers

50 Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 kabob skewers
4-6 Tbs. BBQ dry rub of your choice
2 Tbs. Lime juice, plus some for garnish
2 Tbs. cilantro, chopped, plus some for garnish
1 tsp. olive oil

Soak the wooden kabob skewers in water for about 20 minutes to make sure they do not burn on the grill. Skewer 5 shrimp on each kabob. Place all skewered shrimp in a 13X9 pan. In a small bowl whisk together the rub, lime juice, cilantro, and olive oil. Pour over the shrimp and let marinate 30 minutes or up to overnight.

Heat grill to medium high. Cook shrimp on one side until there are grill marks, about 3 minutes. Flip and finish cooking, about 4 minutes more. Remove from grill, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and lime juice.
kperks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

I love this one, it's super easy and I've made batches to freeze (w/o shrimp - add after you thaw the sauce) about 6 points, but that wouldn't include rice, you could probably reduce the butter/margarine.

Shrimp Creole on Rice

Ingredients

* 1 pound fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
* 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
* 2 cups hot cooked rice

Directions

1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.

2. In a large skillet cook onion, celery, sweet pepper, and garlic in butter over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened.

3. Stir shrimp and parsley into tomato mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Season to taste. Serve over rice.

4. Makes 4 servings

5. Fish Creole: Prepare as above, except substitute 12 ounces fresh or frozen skinless, firm-fleshed fish fillets (such as catfish, cod, or grouper) for the shrimp. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add fish to tomato mixture with parsley. Cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
Per 1 cup fish mixture + 1/2 cup rice: 269 cal., 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 52 mg chol., 418 mg sodium, 31 g carbo., 2 g dietary fiber, 18 g protein.
Daily Values: 14% vit. A, 55% vit. C, 8% calcium, 7% iron.
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Starch, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Nutrition Facts

* Calories 290,
* Total Fat (g) 8,
* Saturated Fat (g) 3,
* Monounsaturated Fat (g) 3,
* Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 1,
* Cholesterol (mg) 145,
* Sodium (mg) 498,
* Carbohydrate (g) 32,
* Total Sugar (g) 5,
* Fiber (g) 2,
* Protein (g) 21,
* Vitamin C (DV%) 57,
* Calcium (DV%) 11,
* Iron (DV%) 16,
* Starch (d.e.) 1.5,
* Vegetables (d.e.) 1,
* Very Lean Meat (d.e.) 2.5,
* Fat (d.e.) 1,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
materialgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Shrimp & Leeks with Tagliatelle

This recipe is so good. You can reduce the olive oil, but keep a little of the butter because it makes the sauce really good. I add finely diced zucchini and mushrooms as well.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #5  
No Matter What!

S/C/G: 264/257/145

How about shrimp fajitas? This would allow a lot of flexibility on the points value, depending on what you loaded the fajita with. I'd bet that just the shrimp and peppers and onions in a tortiall would taste pretty good.

Also, you can mix brown sugar and paprika together (equal parts of each) to make a rub for the shrimp. This adds flavor without adding fat but the brown sugar will add a point or two, depending on the serving size.
teensie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

This is one of my favorite recipes and only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. I like things spicy so add more garlic and red pepper flake, but it turns out yummy!

Pasta with Goat Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Shrimp
8 oz pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes*
8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon wedge
2 oz goat cheese
Chopped fresh parsley, for serving

Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining.

Heat oil and butter over medium high heat in a saute pan. Add garlic and red pepper, stirring and cooking until garlic just begins to brown. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shrimp, cooking shrimp thoroughly. Turn off the heat. Squeeze the juice from the lemon wedge and crumble the goat cheese over the hot shrimp.

Add pasta to saute pan with a bit of the reserved pasta water. Toss until pasta is coated, adding more water to reach desired consistency. Divide between two bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote