Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 11:37 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Thumbs down Wednesday's Thread....

No thread yet so I'll post one....

Good morning all – I am here today – as I was out with a migrane yesterday. I hate them!! Yuck. But I feel much better today.

Kim –don’t worry about the size of the dress. Just focus on how good you’ll look in it. I am sure its very beautiful.

Jess- you will have to let us know how it goes at WI!! I am sure it’ll be good, and if not, its water retention or something!!

Lisa – goodluck to you too – tomorrow is my WI day. Not sure this week. My jeans feel looser but haven’t stepped on my home scale.

OK the G8 is a group of 8 world leaders, including Japan, the US and Canada, where they get together once a year and make decisions on big issues. This year its in Kananaskis, just outside of Calgary, in the mountains. The leaders arrived yesterday, including Bush. The meetings started this morning. I am right downtown, where the protests are mostly taking place. Yesterday was peaceful, a protest against GAP and they stripped down to their undies (“I’d rather wear nothing than wear GAP”). Today they wanted to stop traffic but they slept in apparently, b/c the morning traffic got into downtown trouble free. I walk to work, so its not a problem for me.

Tonya – apparently its 95F today in Calgary. We go by celcuis, 32C. Its bloody hot. Most of us don’t have pools, so we are enjoying office air coniditioning!!

Winter – I am with you on the goal weight. I wanted to be about 140 at 5’7 (although after the accident I am shorter) and now I realize that might not be a good maintainable weight. I am getting to 160 and going from there.

On hobbies – I scrapbook as well, and I like to paint watercolour. I also sing (used to compete, but not anymore) and write.

Jen- I would LOVE to skydive, how cool is that???? Is it scary??

I should get to work,but hi to KT, Lori, Lolly (hello?), Kirsty, the other Jen, Trish (?), Kier, et al.

Belle
Old 06-26-2002, 01:25 PM   #2  

Hey Belle-I am here!!! It is really hot here too-95 degrees and humid! I am going to try to go and visit one of my friends who has a pool
So I am trying not to eat any more of these delicious brownies that someone brought in-I;ve already had like 4 pts worth! Must exersize today!
Hi to everyone else-where are you?
Kim-don't worry about the size of the dress-no one will know...mine was 2 sizes bigger than I was wearing at the time, and it was tight-I should have gotten it three sizes bigger-you can always have it altered down. that's what I did for the bridesmaids dress for my frined's wedding that is coming up...
Bye!
Old 06-26-2002, 01:31 PM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Belle - GOOD MORNING. Sounds like things are exciting in Calgary. Did you get a good look at the naked protesters? I'm glad you're feeling better too.

WOW - it's quiet in here. I miss everyone. I have to say something.... I still can't believe this..... but lately since I've been having some trouble losing (until yesterday) I've been packing a salad lunch..... just lettuce, green peppers, cucumbers, onions and 2 oz of grilled chicken.... for a total of 2 points. Plus I have 2 tbsp of fat free honey dijon dressing for 1 point and grapes for 1 point. The part I can't believe is that I'm VERY full after eating my lunch.... and don't get hungry again until like 4:00. It's werid.... I've always hated salads and they NEVER fill me up. But the last week or so it's been this way.

Oh - and here's a discovery of mine. When I make my own salads, I don't want to put the dressing on in the morning because the lettuce gets soggy by lunchtime.... so I wanted a small container but couldn't find any.... so I started using the empty film cartridges from 35mm film. THEY'RE PERFECT. Plus out of curiousity... I measured them.... and they are exactly, EXACTLY 2 tablespoons. So it's a no-brainer. poor your dressing into the empty film case and you've got the right portion and a nice container for it.

Lori - thanks for the advice. Sometimes I worry I'll NEVER find anyone. It gets so hard sometimes.... but I just have to be patient I guess (easier said than done). You look so beautiful and happy in your wedding pictures.... where was your wedding?

Okay ladies... hope some more people check in.

Lisa
Old 06-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Lori again.... we were posting at the same time. HOW HOT IS IT HERE? But it's beautiful. I ate outside even if I was sweating.

Lisa
Old 06-26-2002, 01:34 PM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Afternoon Belle & Lori -

Sure is quiet today. Just got back from WI. Was really hoping to make goal but I am still .2 away from it. Oh well, next week for sure.

Belle - sorry to hear that you had a migraine. I get those as well and know how excruciating they are.

Lori - hope that you have an opportunity to enjoy a pool today.

Went to see Minority Report last night. It's easily the best movie I've seen in years. Absolutely riviting. See it if you have the chance.

Winter
Old 06-26-2002, 03:05 PM   #6  
Water Freak

Hi everyone. So I am definitely on a roll now. It is, get this, DAY FOUR of OP eating. And the funny thing is, I am not feeling hingry at all. I caved a bit today and had some chips, but I have figured out my eating for the rest of the day so they will fit in. I think what finally snapped me out of this I'll-do-it-tomorrow thing was realizing that NONE of my cold weather clothes will fit right if I don't do something about it now. And while I would have no problem getting new clothes if they were a size down, I am NO WAY buying clothes a size up. That's like giving myself permission to gain more weight or something. Anyway, my shorts are feeling a little less snug this morning, so maybe something's working Don't have a scale here, so no way of finding out what I weight until Saturday. The really funny thing is, I don't feel hungry at all. Really odd. Oh well, I am just going to be happy about it, I guess.
Oh, I loved reading about everyone's hobbies yesterday. So fun to see what other people do in their spare time. I play the flute, knit, and do beadwork. And lots of reading. Knitting is fabulous because you absolutely cannot eat at the same time.
Winter- 0.2 away from goal! WOW! You will make it for sure next week. Can't wait until I'm that close.
Belle- I occaisionally like to go to these protests. G8 was a little far away from me though DC protests are much more convenient for me.

Seems like a slow day in here. I guess a lot of us are out at the pool!

Cat
Old 06-26-2002, 03:07 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Lisa - That's the coolest thing I've ever heard! thanks for the tip.

Winter - .2 - you'll hit goal in no time -

Belle - I was reading about the G8 protests. Sounds like fun. Although it doesn't sound all that organized.

Hey Lori - go to the pool and enjoy yourself.

As for me, it's hot here too so I can't ride until it cools down and that's not until around 8pm - I've been doing classes and almost passing out from the heat - I should be drinking more water I guess. Hope everyone's having a great day.

KT
Old 06-26-2002, 03:09 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi moonbeam we were posting at the same time - KT
Old 06-26-2002, 04:14 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Afternoon!

Hello, everyone! It's been really quiet in here today! Sorry I'm just now getting to post, I took a 1/2 day of sick time today because I barely slept last night and have to work at job #2 tonight.

Things around here have been totally unproductive, and I'm not complaining at all...

WI last night was a HUGE disappointment. After two weeks of being the perfect little WW, I weighed in last night at .4 higher than last week. Of course, my leader was NO encouragement, didn't offer any reasons why it could have happened, didn't say "maybe it's water weight" or "maybe it's the heat and humidity", didn't say "show me your journal for the last couple weeks and we'll see if we can't figure out what went wrong", nothing. So, I honestly have no idea why I was up, but I am super-disappointed.

Belle--Why are people protesting wearing GAP? Is there something wrong with GAP?

Hi Lori!

Lisa--That's a good idea about putting your salad dressing in a 35 mm film canister, especially since it's all measured out for you. I really need to find something different for lunches, maybe a salad like yours is the way to go.

Winter--Way to go on almost reaching goal! Don't be discouraged by the .2--think how far you've already come!

OK, I haven't done a thing since I got here, I really ought to do somehting. Will check in before leaving, probably!!
Old 06-26-2002, 04:25 PM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Winter..... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 0.2? You could spit and weight 141. I'd say you basically there. CONGRATS!!! You deserve it. Are you still going to try for 130? I'm debating about my WW goal - so just seeing if people were aiming at the high or low end of the scale.

Cat - way to go.... major motivation it sounds like. It's amazing that some weeks you can get by and not feel hungry like that. I love those weeks. I hate the weeks when I eat my max and just can't fight the hunger.

KT - have fun riding. And DEFINATELY drink more water....8 glasses is the MIN we should drink. We should be drinking an ounce for each pound.... although I never get that far... and it makes me spend half my day in the bathroom.

Jess - it sounded like you were on program and doing everything right. That is weird that your leader didn't offer any insight. It could totally be water (prob. is).... plus, if you were SO OP that you were eating your mins everyday, it could be a case of slowed metabolism. I've found that the weeks where I mix up my points values are the ones that are best. Could be a ton of things... but you did everything right...so keep it up. Did you journal?

My goal for this week (besides losing) is to journal every day. I usually journal... but I usually only end p journaling 3 days out of the week... I just slack off. My goal is to journal every day this week. Hopefully I can stick with it!

Lisa
Old 06-26-2002, 11:25 PM   #11  

Hey everyone! Another late post! I did go to a pool and I enjoyed it-
Lisa-i heard it was like 95 in the city?? it was only 90 out here in the burbs....my wedding was in NY in eastern Long Island on the north shore-it was a blast! Two of the best memories: when almost all of the guests made a big circle on the dance floor and sang American Pie and we took turns dancing-"Pie" is a big thing in our circle of friends, but the cool part was when my parents' friends joined in!!!
And the other memory is of my dad's friends all getting in a line and each of them taking a turn with me on the dance floor in memory of my dad, who passed away three years ago. they told me they wanted me to have my father daughter dance...of course I bawled! they are very nice men-all of them are like uncles to me...
Winter-CONGRATULATIONS!!! I CAN"T WAIT TO BE .2 AWAY FROM GOAL!

Belle-what IS wrong with GAP?

Night everyone!
Closed Thread