Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #1  
Shrinking chickie

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Trying so hard not to binge

Hi,
I'm not feeling too great right now (emotionally) and it's taking alllllll of my willpower not to dive into that bag of m&m's my very thin sister left on the kitchen counter and that huge tub of icecream in the freezer. (I live with my parents, I can't throw them out! I wish i could!)
Anyone have any spare will power they'd like to donate??
kk140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

thin sister- I'm familiar with that.
parents driving you nuts- I'm familiar with that too.

Unfortunately, I myself came to these boards looking for willpower just like you because....I'm currently sitting here binging on ritz crackers!!!! I think we need help.

Someone help.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 06-29-2009 at 09:25 PM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #3  
~jus' being me~

I'll send you some!!

Aaahhh its not easy when it gets into your brain is it . . . some days I can sit surrounded by all sorts of stuff that I know wont make me feel good if I eat it and be fine and other days the emotional pull is very strong.

You know that you will feel awful right after so the momentary pleasure really isnt worth it. . .
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #4  
~jus' being me~

Put on a tight pair of jeans that you have . . . most of us have something like that lying around that we want to wear when we are at goal or close . . . that usually snaps me out of it and reminds me of where I am headed.

Or putting in some Crest whitestrips or just brushing my teeth to signal that the Kitchen is Closed for the night.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #5  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I was really craving ice cream earlier. I'm getting low on food but decided to subside my sweet tooth a bit with some wheat bread with honey butter spread. Probably not the best thing, but I don't have many sweet things around the house. It was definitely better for me than a big bowl of ice cream would have been.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #6  

I have a friend whose WW leader once told them if they wanted to binge, they could-IF they ate naked in front of a mirror!!I know that would stop me dead, I'll have to remember that next time I get the binge monster on my back! What helps me is to exercise, even if I have to MAKE myself start. Do it 'til you're about to collapse, the desire to eat goes away. Just walk, step in place, dance, anything to get you moving and sweating. You'll feel good and feel virtuous when you're done. The teeth brushing thing helps and chewing gum can satisfy that edge to chew. If all else fails and you still HAVE to eat, try a bag of 94%ff microwave popcorn. There's a lot to eat, it's cunchy, and full of fiber to fill you up. Better than a lot of things you could eat. I know when I binge, I 'll eat just about any thing, even food I don't normally care for. I hope you find something in the responses to help. I know how you feel and hope you can be strong!

Pooh
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #7  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Just say NO!! Really - I had one of the skinny little things I work with offering to get me a brownie earlier. Then when I said I really wanted a Frosty she offered to bring me that! She knows better.

Both of y'all have made so much progress. Best choice - go DO something, anything that doesn't involve food. Preferably involving exercise. Exercise makes endorphins, endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't binge.

Second choice, go find old photos of yourself and paper the fridge with them!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #8  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

If I want to eat bad food, I have to do in front of a mirror - naked. OMG - yeah that would work!! Good one.

I am in recovery mode from binging...horrible food hangover!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #9  
~jus' being me~

OMG I would never eat again if I had to do it nekkie in front of the mirro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha! Love that.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #10  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

In my head I know that the brownie or the m&m's or whatever WON'T make me feel better, and that in the end I will be happier if I just back away from the junk food. I KNOW all this, yet somehow, I still find myself munching on the junk. *sigh* I guess it's just a journey that gets easier.

I had a victory today, if that will help. I went to the cheesecake factory for a friends birthday. Usually at a restaurant I just say "screw it" and order whatever. Today, however, I was like: I can't keep doing that. So I got a "weight management" dinner and low-carb cheesecake. It IS possible! Don't give up on yourself!
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #11  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Eating naked in front of the mirror wouldn't do anything for me. If I something, I want something, and nothing's going to stop me. I'm also one of those weird people who don't mind the way they look naked - its the way the clothes make me look that I'm not fond of

Lately, when I want to binge, I binge on cucumbers. I always have one of those huge hot house cucumbers in my house, so I just cut half of it up and go to town. Its not m&m's or ice cream, but I think what I crave is just the sensation of chewing something. Cucumbers are crunchy, kind of shaped like chips, so it works, and they're veggies, which I have to force myself to get enough of.

If you want something sweet, you could separate out 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and have all the celery you want with it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #12  

Naked in front of a mirror!! Oh my, I would never eat again, let alone binge.

The cucumber is a great idea! It is crunchy, like chips, and I think I will buy one next time I go shopping and try that out. It beats real chips.

I heard, off this site I think, to take a moment and really imagine yourself eating the binge food, then really "feel" how you would feel afterwards...the regret. That has worked for me.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote