Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 04:57 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Pregnant and Staying Fit Jun/Jul

Hi all, I hope it's alright, but I was sick of having to scroll so far down to get to the last messeges, so I decided to start a new thread.
Absmom-How did everything go with DH's interview? I hope it worked out wonderfully and that you are feeling much less stressed!

To everyone else- I hope you are surviving the summer heat and feeling great! Please check in and let me know!

Well, I am still feeling better, a bit more energy, but Katie is moving all the time, making it tough to sleep! Sometimes it gets really uncomfortable! We went to see Cirque du Soleil on Sun, and I thought I was going to have to get up and leave, I was getting so uncomfortable, my back was aching and my hips were hurting, and she was right where it makes it feel like a deep breath is impossible! Thankfully the intermission came up and after standing in line for the bathroom for nearly the entire 30 minutes, we felt much better and thankfully the 2nd half was much shorter! By the end of it she was wide awake, and I swear she was dancing to the beat! But the show was great, and I really enjoyed it!
I am still unemployed and still waiting for my first unemployment check to arrive! You can imagine how much fun that is! It has been almost 2 monthes! And all they can say is "due to a backlog of claims, it is taking significantly longer to process new ones" Well, somehow I don't think my mortgage company or credit card companies are going to buy that one! So it has been stressful. Then, today I got a call from my old company, different location, offering me a much lower paying, demotion position. I was willing to take this position, when I first got layed off due to the high probability of a quick promotion, but it fell through, and now they are wanting to interview me for the lower paying position, when there is really no chance for a promotion, and I don't know what to do! I don't feel up to going through the entire training class, and then only having a couple of weeks before I'm due, plus if you miss more then one day of training, your gone, and with the heat, I have been having some problems with swelling, and the doctor says I need to make sure to take it easy when it gets bad. So I'm afraid I will not be able to keep up with the attendance policy! Plus, I would only be able to take off 6 weeks, before going back to work, unless there were complications, and somehow, I just can't hope for that, just to get more time off! And I was really hoping to have more time off before going back. The thought of leaving her after only 6 weeks, just about breaks my heart, and she isn't even here yet! I can't imagine how it will feel once she is here and trully a part of my life! DH doesn't want me to try for it, he remembers how scary it was when I was bleeding on a weekly basis, and I haven't had any of those problem since I lost my job. He also knows that right now I am only able to sleep for between 1 1/2-2 hours at a time, and that I take several short naps througout the day. So, I just don't know what to do. If the baby was already here, and I could go there part time, I would probably do it, but right now the thought of sitting in a stuffy classroom for 8 hours a day just doesn't send me, especially for the money they are offering.

Well, now that I've written a novel, I'll let you know if anything new comes up. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Nicole
EDD 10/6?/12?/19?
Old 07-01-2002, 07:58 AM   #2  

A summer cold has hit me and my DD --- We are not happy. That, in tandum with some really hot weather and no A/C, has made for a very tiring week... Pregnancy is going well - into week 28 hooray - only 12 more to go. Sad thing is that I've had so many people comment that I don't even look pregnant - Thanks - I must just look fat??? I have my monthly drs apt today and I am not looking forward to the scale. I know I have been HUNGRY this month and my exercise has slack measurably. I just haven't been very motivated, and my mood.... Whoa! too many tears to count... It does look like DH will have a new job, however, it won't start til August so I have to tough it out another 6 weeks on my own. I am sure I will make it... like I have a choice.

Nic - I would collect some unemployment for a while - til after the baby... Sounds like you have a few things on your plate and a new job at this point might just be too much to deal with... You've paid into it - so I'd say take advantage. Once you have the baby, and get yourself back together you'll be in a better frame of mind to devote the energy necessary for a new job...

Hope you're doing well and everyone else out there....

Cheers
Absmom EDD 9-22-02
Old 07-03-2002, 04:29 AM   #3  

Hi all,
I had my dr appt today. For some reason, I keep gaining the weight! It is frustrating, since I really felt like I had done very well this month. My blood pressure was still good, 122/84, but they did say that this was the highest reading I've had so far. Of course, right before we left for the dr's I got my first unemployment check (after 2 months of paying our bills from savings!), and I got the materials for the internet classes I am going to take. So I was pretty keyed up as we left. They also told me that according to the U/S I had, and the way I am measuring that I have to much amniotic fluid. He said that at this point it isn't a problem, but if it continues to rise, I could end up in pre-term labor, and he warned me that I may also have a high number of Braxton-Hicks, which I have already been having. He also told me that this can be one of the symptoms of gestational diabetes, so I have to start really watching what I eat, as far as carbs and sugars go. I go for the glucose test on July 29, so hopefully that will tell me for certain. But I have been checking my blood sugar with DH's meter, and while it is higher then it was at the start of the pregnancy it is still always well within normal range. I also talked to him about the swelling in my hands and ankles, especially the ankle that I sprained a year ago, and he said that it was completely normal. Any time the weather gets close to 90, which has been daily for the past 2 weeks, I will have the swelling, and as long as it isn't constant it is nothing to worry about. That made me feel better, my mom had me kinda worried that it could be something bad. Also, he said that at this point they don't like to change the due date, so unless I go into labor early, (when they may decide to re-evaluate my due date LOL) I am still due on 10/19.
I have really been feeling like a blimp lately! Especially after going with my sister to look at wedding dresses. She is a perfect size 8, and looked great in everything she tried on, then there's me, feeling everyone of my over 6 months pregnant, and feeling like a beached whale next to her! It was kinda funny. But it's hard to stay blue for to long when she starts to kick again, and I realize that this is all for a purpose. I am going to try to start doing some sort of exercise everytime I get depressed over gaining weight. That way at least I know I am doing everything I can to keep the baby and me healthy and make sure I am in good shape to lose the extra weight after she's born.

Absmom- I am so sorry that you and your little one are sick! It is bad enough to be sick in the winter, but it's just not fair to have to deal with it in the summer! I hope you both feel much better soon. Congrats on your DH getting the job! It may still be a few weeks away, but at least now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am sure the time will fly by for you, and before you know it you won't know what to do with him cuz he'll be under foot so much! Hang in there!

To everyone else- I hope you are all doing great and enjoying your summers! Please stop by soon and let us know how your doing!

Nicole
EDD-10/19/02
Old 07-03-2002, 01:41 PM   #4  

Default New to this discussion

Hello Ladies...

I haven't been on this site since last November, and now my interest has changed as I, too, am having a baby soon. My due date is 8/31, but I'm certain that I'm having this baby early. It is my second, and my first was almost 6 weeks early. I'm to the point now that I just want to go on a diet & get thin. I am very uncomfortable, just standing & supporting all this weight with my legs wears me out! I'm not getting much exercise, I try to spend time in the pool, but I don't get much actual swimming done - the weightlessness is such a relief to my back & legs I just want to float !

It sounds like you all have been getting in lots of excercise - that is so great! I haven't worried too much about weight gain, 11 lbs in 32 weeks isn't too bad (although I started out around 250 ). As long as I can keep my blood pressure down & cut back on sugars I feel like I'm doing OK. Did any of you test high on the glucose tests but not high enough to be labeled gestational diabetes? I had to take the 3 hour test twice & both times I had 1 number high & I guess you need 2 numbers high to fail the test. Anyway, my point is, I don't care for meat & veggies, I've always been a pasta, bread & fruit person, but now I'm supposed to be eating a no sugar-low carb-high protein diet... is anyone else going through this?

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend, the babies will be jumping around quite a bid during the fireworks, I'm sure!

Take care,
Roo
Old 07-03-2002, 11:58 PM   #5  

Default Hello preggos :)

Hi Roo, Nicole, Absmom

Sorry I post so infrequently, quite the opposite of Nic, I'm back working again. Only a temp contract but have been there 5 weeks this week (fulltime). Mind you, am at home today so hopefully they'll not get rid of me because of it. Home because dd (now 14.5 months) is cutting more teeth and is still a mummy's girl even though I'm not with during the day, so that means I'm up all night with her, boo hoo.

Re weight gain, I'm huge! At least 25 pounds up at only 28 weeks. Am hoping it will slow down but between work and my dd and the weather (it is freezing here, winter in Aust., and dark when we get up and when we get home), I don't feel like doing anything active.

Also having a lot more aches and pains this time. Mw says it is normal, 2nd pgy and especially with them so close. Had a shower with dd this morning and my back is still acheing from holding her (and she is not even 20 pounds). Ah well, whinge, whinge.

Sorry you ladies are strugling in the heat some. I was pg last time in summer - in a heat wave no less - and it was horrible. I am much preferring being able to wear winter clothes and sleeping is much easier.

Roo - wow, almost due and most likely early again! Guess your bag is ready to go hey? No way could I do low carb, I know my high carb is contributing to my weight gain, but I love carbs too much! And I'm a vego so no meat for me. Anyways I lost my weight after the first one, I'll do it again. Do you know what you are having?

Nic - love Katie Very cute. And I know what you mean about when she moves it all feels better, I'm the same. Sorry for your stress re your job, I lost mine (redundant) at about 6 weeks pg. Lucky i got a decent package but still, never expected to be underemployed (I had a casual job)!

Absmom - We are almost delivery buddies aren't we? Only a few days between us. How is your preparation going? We haven't started yet. So slack! We have a studio we are converting to a spare room and our current spare room will become the nursery. We have, at least, chosen some 'big girl' furntiure for dd, though we won't buy it til baby comes and bub will sleep in our room for a few months.

Anyway, better go! Hugs and belly rubs to all
Sam edd 09.25.02
Old 07-06-2002, 06:13 AM   #6  

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well! I am feeling ok. I have not been sleeping well at all, I am up about every 2 hours to use the bathroom! I was up 4 times last night! LOL I have also been having some strange pains in my pelvic floor area, and my pubic bone. I don't want to be graphic, but it has been pretty uncomfortable. It almost feels like I pulled something, or maybe it's just the pressure of her getting bigger. Has anyone else had anything similar? My mom also said that it could be my pelvic bones shifting and widening? All I know is that it is uncomfortable, and I haven't done my workout at all this week for fear of making it worse! Other then that though, things are going really well. She moves all the time, and the other night I was watching the fireworks on tv and the 1812 Overture came on, and I swear she was dancing! When it was over, she really gave me a wallop, then she was still again! It was pretty cool. Also the other day DH was talking to her, when I was craving donuts, and telling her that she couldn't have any right now. When he put his head on my belly to "listen" to her, she actually kicked him in the side of the head! I guess she really wanted those donuts!
I have started taking classes on-line, to become a travel agent. They have been very interesting, and actually a lot of work. It is so nice to be busy again! Hopefully after Katie is born I can work as a travel agent from home. DH thinks he may know someone who can help with that, so this may work out really well. The thought of having to leave her is just awful, even though my sister, my mom, or my MIL would be the ones watching her.

KangaRoo- Welcome, it sounds like your almost there! I bet your excited! Conrats on only gaining 11 lbs! That is awesome. But I can relate to wanting to get back on the diet and back to losing the weight. I spend lots of time trying to plan my exercise and eating, since I know things will be so totally different after she is born, and I always have to take at least a couple of weeks to work up into getting started. Hopefully after I have recovered from her birth I will be through my planning/procrastinating weeks and be able to start off right away! I had the short glucose test at about 8 weeks, and I go for another short test at the end of this month. My first test came back fine, but the dr is a little more worried about this one, since I have an excess of amniotic fluid, which can be one of the symptoms of gestational diabetes. Hopefully it will be ok, cuz I can't imagine having to eat a low carb/sugar diet! I am like you, and live on pasta and breads, and especially fruits, at this time of year! I think I'd go crazy without my peaches and stawberries! Hang in there!

Dreamer- It's good to hear from you again! Congrats on getting a job, even if it is only a temp position. We were in very similar positions, I was informed that I would be laid off, on Apr26, 3 days after I found out that I was 5 weeks pg. They gave us 2 months warning though, so they did not have to give us any sort of package. They thought they were being generous continuing our health insurance through the end of the month! I am not one to talk about weight gain! I am at 26 weeks, and up a horrible almost 30 lbs! Just do the best you can with your eating and exercise, and as long as your blood pressure and blood sugar stays good, I wouldn't stress about it to much! At least for me, I want to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible, so I do the best I can, and I will worry about it when the dr tell me I need to, which hopefully won't happen!

How is everyone doing with their nursey's? I have finally gotten the point across to DH that this baby will come whether she has a room or not, so we have actually been getting some work done in there(finally)! I hope everyone else is doing great!

Well, since I've written another novel (gee, you'd think this was my first time or something! LOL) I'll let you all go.

Talk to you soon
Nicole and Katie
EDD 10/19/02
Old 07-06-2002, 11:15 PM   #7  

Angry

Hi I am new here but have been to the site before. I was reading nic251 post and I know exactly what you are going threw. I am due Aug 11th and I am also gestational diabetic. I have the excess fluid your doctor is taking about. My doctor told me that if they don't control it with either medication or a needle I will go into pre-term labor. I am feeling the pains that you are and was told it was the baby getting ready for delivery. I am having another girl. that would make girl #4 although one passed away 5 years ago. good luck wiith everything and everything will turn out fine. I also feel like the baby is coming earlier the my due date.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:39 PM   #8  

Hi Judmom,
The pain, thankfully seems to have eased. I am still hurting in my left hip, kinda in the swimsuit line area. I think I will call my dr just to be sure. I'm sorry things are going so rough for you! I bet your glad your getting close to delivery time. Thankfully, I have not yet been diagnosed with the diabetes. Just the excess fluid, I go in for the glucose test on July 29, so I will know then, but I have been using my DH's blood meter, and I have had all perfect readings. Slightly higher then the readings I had before pregnancy, but still well within normal range. Thank you for posting your experience, and please let us know how you are doing. Hang in there and take it easy.

Nicole & Katie
Old 07-08-2002, 10:09 AM   #9  

Hi all how is everyone today. Hope all is good with all of your pregnancies. I am doing ok today just alot of pressure down low. I am waiting for the doctor to call with the result of my blood test and so we can discusse how we are going to handle the excess fluid. I hate waiting. The baby keeps dropping if this keeps up I will deliver mid July. which Would not be so bad I guess.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #10  

Hi All,

Nice to see all the new pregos out there and the old ones too -- Hi Dreamer and Nic! I made it through the head cold in the midst of 90 degree heat, but must report that I am SO depressed these last few weeks. I think I've shed enough tears to fill a swimming pool and most with out cause. So weird given the fact that DH will be coming home for good by August and we've got vacation coming up at the end of the month... My Nurse Practicioner said that she could give me something if I wanted, though I haven't done enough reading to know what the risks are in taking antidepressants. I had a bout of postpartum after my first, but it really only lasted a few weeks and I kind of expected it. This pre-baby depression has really taken me by surprise - and I really want to be rid of it - get back to my old self...

Has anyone else felt blue???????

In other news, I actually forced myself to go to the gym this morning. My DD was driving me absolutely batty and after 2 weeks of not going, I thought it could only help. Only did 20 minutes on the Precor and a few weights, but felt like I shouldn't push it since I really haven't been exercising regularly this last month. I guess it put me in a better frame of mind, though BOY am I tired this afternoon. I am going to mom's for dinner and then I am going to bed...

Oh Motivation... Where are you!!! Dreamer, I mentioned to DH this weekend that we didn't have much time with all the other summer commitments to empty the contents of our spare bedroom, paint, go through clothes, etc... He's convinced that he'll have it done by the end of the month.... Please just get me the boxes out of the attic!! (It's a little tricky getting up there so I need him). At least I could go through DD's clothes and figure out what we need to buy... Nic - It's like you said, this baby's coming whether the nursery is ready or not!!

And finally this last week, my DD has decided that she will just be naked from now on. Everytime I turn my back her clothes are off.... AND she's in the midst of potty training ---- JOY... I am off to at least get a diaper on her... Best to all of you....
Old 07-09-2002, 12:46 PM   #11  

I am so frustrated and mad. I called the doctor to find out about my blood test. The desk told me they would call back. so I stayed at home all day to recieve the phone call and they called me at 7 pm. I was also worring myself to death about this excess fluid. when the doctor did call she said that she did not want to do anything because I am so close to my due date. But I am at very high risk for pre-term labor and that I am suppose to stay home, rest, and take it easy. which is not so easy when you have 2 kids and a hubby who don't want to help do anything around the house. So right now the house is a mess and nobody seems to care but me. Anyway thanks for letting me vent. I feel better know.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:24 AM   #12  

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to stop by to let you all know that I probably won't be around for a few days. DH and I got the ok to go to Reno for a few days. We are going to pick up somethings for a friend who doesn't have a truck big enough to get them. So we are driving, which will be interesting, considering my bladder has shrunk by at least half! We are staying for 3 days, 2 nights, then coming home. I plan to spend lots of time in the pool, and in the jacquzzi (sp?) tub in our room! I am really looking forward to getting away for a few days. I am feeling pretty good though. I am taking a travel agent course on-line, so I stay pretty busy when DH is at work. It makes me feel much better to be busy so much of the time. I have been doing ok on my eating. I have really been craving sweets though, and sometimes the fruit just doesn't cut it! We are still walking almost everyday, but I haven't done my workout lately, I am still a little nervous about the pain I was having, that has kinda settled into my pubic bone and left hip. I have continued to check my blood sugar regularly, and since I have been watching more closely my carb and sugar intake, my numbers have actually dropped, to almost what they were before pregnancy, and I have yet to have a high reading. So, hopefully this will all turn out to be just a big worry over nothing.

Absmom-Hang in there! I get the blues sometimes, and I just sit there crying for no reason, really just bawling my head off! My poor dogs think I'm crazy! They just stare at me like I'm off my rocker! You may want to take your NP up on the offer of medication, if it doesn't get better soon. There are several medications that I have heard are safe. You should be enjoying this time with your new little one, and I will be praying for you to feel better soon!

Judmom-Make sure you take care of yourself! The housework will be there when you feel better, or better yet when your DH decides he can't stand it anymore! Don't they just make you crazy sometimes? I can't imagine trying to get through this with kids. This may be my only one just because the thought of being pregnant and having to care for a child seems very daunting to me! Hang in there, and take extra special care of you and your little one!

Well, I'm off for now. We leave on Sunday, so I'll try to at least check in to make sure everyone is doing ok.
Talk to you soon
Nicole and Katie
EDD 10/19/02
Old 07-14-2002, 07:59 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!I havent been here in awhile but I am back!!!!Glad all is well with everyone!!!!

Nicole--Take it easy and keep those sugar numbers normal!!!

I am now 17w5d and really starting to feel movement..I havent bought anything for the baby yet cuz I am too nervous about this pg even though all is well this time..My belly has decided to poke out which I am finallyn glad for cuz I am starting to feel pg!!!I go to the MD on Tues..so far I have gained 1 lb but I hate to see on tues!!!!

Take care all!!!Have a nice weekend!!!
Vicki
Old 07-22-2002, 05:02 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,

I wrote a nice long message & it got zapped somehow so this one will be short & sweet.

Haven't had a chance to write but have been reading about your progress - hope everyone is still doing well.

Nicole - I never heard about excess fluid being a symptom of diabetes, have you had another glucose test done?

I was doing great with swimming every day for two weeks straight, then last week I was "too tired" & sure enough I swelled up like a balloon, my legs and ankles were huge. So this week I'm determined to do a little swimming each day - it makes me feel so much better!

Take care everyone & I'll check back with you later in the week.

Roo
Old 07-22-2002, 05:09 PM   #15  

Default Hi

Hi,

Can I join you girls? I am 32 years old with a 2 1/2 year old daughter and just found out I'm having my 2nd. I am excited about the baby but am 60 pounds overweight to begin with...I was 40 pounds lighter starting with first baby and was uncomfortable then...I got laid off from my job on June 3rd and still haven't received an unemployment check but I am enjoying this time home after working for 14 years full time. Do any of you exercise or follow a diet...is it okay to lose a few pounds while pregnant? I'd love to deliver at like 160...I weigh 180 now (I'm 5'3" and small boned although you'd never know it Hope to get to know you all...

Kim
Closed Thread