Old 06-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/169/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Trying again!

After losing 28 pounds and being 8 away from goal, I found myself gaining, gaining, gaining b/c I stopped counting and was in DENIAL ("I probably didn't look THAT unhealthy!"). I've tried (admittedly half-heartedly) watching what I eat but to be honest I've fallen into the trap of having a healthy,lean, calorie-burning-machine, eat-whatever-he-wants boyfriend, and fooling myself into thinking I can eat his portion sizes and his food. Sunday morning bagels, Friday night at the steak house, trips to the brewery...sure! (Mind you: my BF runs, plays ice hockey, and weight trains but DENIAL is a powerful thing!)

I figured my weight couldn't of gone up THAT much...until...someone sent me photos from a wedding I attended a few weeks ago...and OH MY GOODNESS. I clicked out of the photo, ran to the scale, and was shocked!! 200 pounds!!! I've never been this heavy in all my life and it was shocking!! Just last fall I was running 15-20 miles a week and feeling great and now here I am, unrecognizable in photos.

My boyfriend (bless him!) ordered us a Total Gym, surprised me with some work-out DVDs, and has been walking with me in the evening. And now I feel ready to do some calorie counting, again. CC is the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me..it's hard to think that I have to do this pretty much forever but I'm no longer in denial. I started last week and already feel better!

As for the BF he's very supportive and I think I have even more reason to kick it into high gear...he's been suddenly trying to save up money (out of the blue), went to his parent's house last weekend ("just cuz"), and asked me if we're heading to my parents' place anytime soon and I was at our computer sending an email and up pops an IM asking about how he's going to find my ring size!!! I don't want to be this weight in wedding photos and I want to be able to run with him and keep up!!

The reason why I'm posting this, btw, is so I can have some proof when it gets tough (and it will) that I need to do this and that I can handle it!

Here's to another shot at being healthy!!!
ReadytoRun is offline   Reply With Quote