Old 06-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #1  
On my way down!

S/C/G: 176/Ticker/126

Height: 5'nuffin - I just lost an inch!

Question Workout dvds...any recommendations?!

Hi all

I am planning on buying a new workout dvd and i'm thinking about getting the 30 day shred as i have heard about that a lot here!
Is that one good?
Or are there others that you would recommend above this?
Ready to !

Thanks!

Jess
x x x
jellybellyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I do 30DS. I hate it and love it at the same time, if that's possible. It's rather difficult, and by the 3rd time I'm trying to pick my fat butt off the floor to do more cardio I want to throw the TV through the window. But I love that it actually makes me work hard, I love how I feel when I'm done, and I love that it gets easier each day. Not easy, mind you, but easier.

I also like that Jillian isn't perky, and admits to struggling with some of the moves (she comments on her lack of flexibility a few times). She says over and over again that yes, it's hard, but if you want results you have to work for them. That's much more motivating to me than a really perky chick bouncing up and down and not breaking a sweat all while saying how easy it is to be fit.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #3  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

I dont know what level of fitness your at, but I did walk away the lbs, to start off now I do 30 day shred and I had to modify the modified version, I could barely do Day 1, now day 12 and I can almost sale threw it, I did not do them consecutively day 1 and 2 were in the same week, day3,4,5 at 3x a week now I can do it everyday, I was amazed at how fast I gained strength, from her video in only 20 minutes. yeah she kicks butt, and God knows I need a good butt kicking. I love Jilliand no nonsense boot camp training.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #4  

I love Leslie Sansone videos...they have walks for all levels.
suefrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds are great workouts. Some incorporate hand weights, stretchie resistance bands, the walk away belt for abs & waistline and the new fit cuff for hips, buns & thighs. You can get good deals on Ebay.
I recently ordered Slim in 6 but, haven't tried it yet.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11

I really like the biggest loser cardio max dvd, but if you have bad knees I wouldn't attempt it as it has alot of lunges. I also have done a few of the JM tapes and i really like the kickboxing one. I have tried the walk off the pounds but it doesn't seem as intense as i would like it to be, but everyone is different.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

I've always wanted that dvd called CORE RHYTHMS
lol looks fun and effective!
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote