Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Daily Devotion ~ Thursday 6/25

"O Lord, You Know "

June 25, 2009

O Lord, You have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay Your hand upon me. Psalm 139:1-5

Maybe I'm cheap, but I think $300 is a lot of money to spend on a pair of shoes.

Sometimes.

By that I mean, under the right conditions, I just might be tempted to drop that kind of cash on special shoes that have been developed and are being tested by GTX Corporation and Aetrex Footwear Company.

Now, hopefully I've tempted you into asking, "What kind of circumstances would make a shoe worth $300?" If that's what your inquiring mind wants to know, let me share.

The disease Alzheimer's is what makes those shoes worth the price. You see, Alzheimer's patients have a tendency to wander off and not be able to find their way back home. This directionless rambling is worrisome to friends and family members, even as it is incredibly dangerous for the person who is ill.

That's where the shoes prove their worth. You see, these shoes are outfitted with a small GPS chip. That global positioning system allows the wearer to be located instantly. In more severe situations, it allows the patient's whereabouts to be continuously monitored.

Indeed, for a monthly service charge, a company can notify the caregivers if the patient has wandered out of a designated "safe" area.

Ain't technology grand?

Of course, God is grander. Our know-how is only just beginning to copy a small bit of what God has always done. Do you remember how the Psalmist shows God's omniscience? He tells us God knows when we get up and sit down; He knows our paths. He is in front of us and behind us. His hand guides us and keeps us safe.

And how much does this protection cost us? $300?

Not at all. This 24/7, loving monitoring is free to us. It is free to us, but costly to the Christ. So we might be forgiven and adopted into the family of faith, Jesus gave His life. That is God's Good News that gives peace to our minds, hearts, and souls.

THE PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, for caring about me, for sending Your Son to save me, for forgiving and inviting me into the family of faith, You have my deepest gratitude. Now, I pray You will watch over my path. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

In Christ I remain His servant and yours,

Pastor Ken Klaus
Speaker of The Lutheran HourŪ
Lutheran Hour Ministries
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Gary do you mind if I copy your devotions and give them to my friends, I just love to read them and I know they would too? As long as I tell them where they came from? Bootsie

Last edited by Bootsie; 06-25-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote