Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 11:54 AM   #1  

Myra,
You'll get it off. You are really getting back into the groove of things. You had a bunch of things get in your way. Good luck.

Essie,
The husband sounds so cute! Like a puppy.
Happy B-day to him.
LOL

Jen,
Thanks Britts is much better. I hope she doesn't get the pain back next month. Poor thing.

Dianne,
Have a great time and tell all.

Zoe,
Good luck. You are doing great!

TGIF!!!!!
Terri
Old 02-09-2001, 08:17 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning everyone,

Myra, Terri's right, you've had quite a bit to deal with recently, it's difficult to stay strictly OP during times of turmoil. You'll get your focus back.

Zoe, it's very encouraging to read your posts. You sound as though you're doing great!

Essie, the Denise Austin tape you named is the one I've got. I really like her style, very encouraging. I prefer the simple exercises, not dancing, like the Richard Simmons' tapes have...I've got two left feet!

Joe's birthday is tomorrow. While we usually go out w/my bro. and wife for bdays, we've decided to spend the evening at home. I'm making him his favorite....ribs (and then I wonder why I've been struggling w/staying OP!). On Sunday we're having the kids and my niece for cake, etc. to celebrate his bday.

This is very special to me this year, that he's here to celebrate another one. Next year will be the big one for him....the big 5-0

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're in for nasty weather here. Right now it's 55, but supposed to get down to 9 tonight....and icy. Yuck!

~Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 02-09-2001).]
Old 02-09-2001, 11:03 PM   #3  

Jen,
What a special birthday this is.
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Joe
Happy Birthday to You

Terri
ENJOY!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2001, 12:37 AM   #4  

Jen: Happy Birthday to Joe - hope you both enjoy with your family.

Essie: In case, I don't speak to you before, Happy Birthday to Pete as well. Enjoy!!

Hi everyone -- happy Friday!

Dianne

Old 02-10-2001, 12:46 AM   #5  

Jen, Happy Birthday to Joe! Pete will be 50 on the 13th. I must admit he looks great!! All that exercising pays off. We're going out to eat tomorrow then Sunday my family is getting together to celebrate my niece's birthday. She was born on the 13th also. She'll be 13. We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Enjoy it.

Terri, I think my hubby is cute. He's very good to me. I thank God for him.

Better go. Pete & David just drove up. We're going to Circuit City. Be back later.

Have a great day Guys!
Old 02-10-2001, 08:22 AM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday Evening Ladies ~

Ok, whoever said that my posts are encouraging and that I'm doing so well, don't read this.....today was hard. I had a bagle for breakfast (5pts). I didn't take a lunch because I was so busy so I went to the snack machine and got a bag of animal crackers. Not too bad but, another 5pts. Then, for whatever reason and I have no idea what that reason is, I ate about 10-15 of these little chocolates, the kind that looks like money/coins. So after feeling so guilty, I dug all the 'coin' wrappers out of the trash, brought them home with me along with the rest of the candy and counted how many I had and weighed that many....1 1/2 ounces for about 6 pts. Do you think I stopped there, while I was still on the safe side? Heck no!!! We went to have pizza tonight. Ok, so I messed up. I'll be working out again tomorrow so I will have to work extra hard to get rid of some extra calories and points. I suppose, after being so good, we are bound to fall down once in awhile, right? Now all I need is the strength to keep out of the rest of the chocolate tonight......

Happy Birthday Joe!!!!

Sorry I don't have time to mention anyone. Hubby wants "air time" here. I hope everyone is having a great evening.

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-10-2001, 04:24 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Leave the past in the past. Guilt will only hurt you. Today is a brand new day. Take advantage of that and start anew. That is what I plan to do.

Myra
Old 02-10-2001, 05:06 PM   #8  

Hello Ladies

Zoe my friend, I've had so many of those days I can't even count them. At least you brought the wrappers home & counted them. I wouldn't have done that. I probably would have said the heck with it, I'll start over tomorrow. So you had 1 bad day. You can burn some of those calories when you work out so don't worry about it. This is going to be for the rest of our lives & there will be some downfalls. Pick yourself up, go exercise & plan the rest of your weekend. Don't forget your water. You can't do anything about yesterday but you can do something about today. You'll be alright.

Jen, have a great day with Joe today. Every day we spend with our loved ones is precious. I sure wish I was having some ribs!

Myra, Terri, Dianne have a great OP day.

Be back soon.
Essie
Old 02-10-2001, 08:46 PM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie,
Happy Birthday to Pete! This is a very special birthday....50
Give him my best wishes.

Zoe,
I've been there: more times than I care to say. It's going to happen, how we react to a day like that is what counts. You are working out today, right? That's being back on track. Good going!

Terri and Dianne,
Thanks for the birthday song and wishes for Joe. I'm showing them to him right after I post this.

Hi Myra.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

~Jen
Old 02-11-2001, 01:37 AM   #10  

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Pete
Happy birthday to you!

Hope it is a good one!
Hi Essie!

Zoe,
It is over and done. You will be fine. You jumped back on. That is great! That is the key!

Jen,
I hope Joe's birthday is great!!!!

Hi Dianne & Myra! Have a great weekend!
Terri

Old 02-11-2001, 02:26 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Saturday Afternoon Ladies.....

I just got home from a baby shower luncheon. I must say that I was SO GOOD! I had a grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch and didn't eat the "cheese toast" that they served with it. Also, and this is a big one, I passed on the cake!!!! I was absolutely DYING to have it but I just said no thanks. I am glad I did.

thank you all for letting me know how 'not alone' I was last night. I know that this is something we all do from time to time and I know that we all just get back up and move on......and I am. But thank you all for your encouragement.

Myra ~ yes ~ the past only hurts you when you BRING IT BACK....your words were so true.

Essie ~ Thanks for reminding me about my water. Ya know, I drink 80+ ounces of water during the week but on the weekends, I just don't get it all in. I need to work on that.

Jen ~ Yes, I worked out before the baby shower. I did the treadmill, then my weights, then more cardio. I don't do all that much since I'm just starting out but I worked up a sweat.

Terri ~ hope your weekend is a good one......

Happy Birthday Pete!!!!!!

Happy Saturday Y'all.....have a great weekend and I'll see you's later.

------------------
Old 02-11-2001, 09:47 AM   #12  

Zoe,
Great job on passing on the cake. That is a hard one. Yes, we have all been there with those off point days.

Well Brittany lost 4 pounds this week. She is psyched. I lost 1.5.
"Let's get it done in 2001"
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!!!!
Terri
Old 02-11-2001, 07:41 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Sunday Morning Y'all ~

Today, I am not in church but watching Charles Stanley on TV ~ I hope that all of you are having (or going to have) a wonderful Sunday.

Terri ~ good goin' on losing that 1.5 lbs! Keep up the good work..............and congrats to Brittany on losing 4 pounds!! WOW!!

Have a blessed Sunday

------------------
Old 02-12-2001, 11:19 AM   #14  

Thanks so much Zoe.
Hope your Sunday was great!!!!

Guess what? I had someone else tell me that I could not be Britt's mother. They thought I was in my early thirties. That felt so good. They thought she was 18. She liked it too (for now).

Terri
Old 02-13-2001, 03:57 AM   #15  

Hi Guys,

I've been really busy. I did manage to go back to WW. I didn't gain since the last time I was there. There was a woman there that lost 52 lbs. in 5 1/2 mths!!! She had such a glow. I was happy for her & I didn't even know her. She smiled thru the entire meeting. I have to really try harder. I have to make it this time. I would like to lose 25 lbs. I don't care how long it takes.

Zoe, I love Charles Stanley. A lot of times I record it. I watch him every Sunday which works out cause I don't have to leave till 9:40 am & his program ends at 9:00 am. He's one of my favorites & Joyce Meyer. Thank you for wishing Pete a Happy Birthday Tomorrow is his big day.

Terri, you are doing great. Congrats to Brittany. I wish when I was her age I would have had someone to teach me about the importance of being healthy. My niece who turns 13 yrs. old tomorrow is drinking slimfastfor one of her meals. I told my brother I think it would be healthier for her to try WW.

Thanks to all of you for wishing Pete a Happy Birthday. He was just reading your posts. He finds it so sweet that we share a special bond thru cyberspace.

Bye Guys

Love,
Essie

Closed Thread