Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 6/22/09

Hello, everyone. Gosh, last week just slipped away and I realized I hadn't posted.

Melissa, So sorry about the gain. I know that you had been doing so well. I hope that you get back on your meds soon. Your DS sounds awesome! He cooked for you?? DH doesn't even cook for me.

Lori, Sorry about the insomnia. I had a bout with that last week, too. It was so annoying. Your mother is all right!

I had a busy weekend. Went shopping with my GF on Friday. Then on Saturday, DH, my GF and I did a charity bike ride. It was a really good turnout for this local athlete who has throat cancer. Saturday night, we went to a play. On Sunday, we played golf in 99 degrees!! It was miserable and I was wondering what I was doing out there. We went to a concert in the afternoon. DH went with me, but kept nodding off at the concert. Needless to say, I slept well last night.

This weekend we travel to North Carolina for my brother's wedding. It should be nice. My sister and I will be singing. It will be a small affair as it is the second for both of them. We really like his fiancee much more than his first wife.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

We had a quiet weekend by comparison, Lisa, with dinner out on Friday evening with DS #2 and then Saturday did some errands. We had a lot of rain overnight Friday/Saturday and it flooded the underpasses and some streets to the point that they had to be closed. The afternoon cleared up but it was still humid. Sunday was much better--humidity broke, the sun was shining and it was truly a "perfect" summer day in my opinion. We did some yard work and then I pulled out a towel and layed out in the backyard and read a little. It felt good.

I go tomorrow for my blood work and am hoping that my levels are such that they'll start me back on my meds. There is a new endo in town who is accepting new patients and I think I'm going to transfer to her. I'm not crazy about the fact that the practice I go to now has more PA's than doctors and the fact that I don't see the doctor and I'm paying for that. Does it make sense? Anyway, one the girls here at our health center knows the endo and said she was very nice; my concern was should I wait until they get me regulated and all three of the nurses said "no"...go now.

We've got our first orientation under our belt and we have three more to go and I'm trying to keep focused. The tiredness is the worst!

[b]Lisa:[b] I'm glad you liked your brother's fiancee and that the visit went well. I've been in FL when the heat is in the upper 90's and it's no picnic...I would've been laid out flat on the course!

Lori: I hope you were able to get some rest over the weekend.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies,

I've been gone so long I don't even know where to begin! I think the last time I posted I mentioned that the company I work for was going through a "reorganization". Several people were laid off, including my assistant and I was transferred to another office. I received a promotion and am really enjoying my new position but have been incredibly busy! I've decided that I have to make time for some of the things that I enjoy doing but have been putting aside. I'm going to the gym regularly again and have signed up for both cardio and "boot camp" classes with a Yoga class starting in September. My weight is still a little higher than I like but I'll get it back within my comfort zone.
On the home front all is well. Lauren finished her first year of college and did well. It's great having her home again! DH is still in good health and recently began a new job that he's really enjoying.
I've missed all of you and will go back to read some of the older posts.

Lori Congratulations to you and your DH on the birth of Phoebe. I love that name! I hope you don't have too many more sleepless nights, that's so frustrating. It's nice that your Mom can help. My Mom was like that and it meant so much to me. Are you going back to work soon or do you still have some time to spend at home? Have you posted any pictures? I'll go back and look through some of the older threads. Once again good luck and enjoy your time with her, it does go by so quickly.

Melissa I'm sorry to read you are still having some medical issues. I occassionally have that "buzzed" feeling too and it's annoying. The nurses are correct try to get in to see the endo now! It seems like you have been suffering with this too long. I can't believe your youngest is starting college in the fall. How is your older son and his wife doing? I think that last time I read they were looking at houses? Is that correct?

Lisa How have you been? You and your DH do so such fun things. Have you been in any productions lately? Congratualtions to your brother. Second time around is the charm...at least it was for me! That's great that both you and your sister will be singing at the wedding. What a nice memory for your brother and his fiance.

Well ladies I babbled on long enough. I'll post more regularly! I missed all of you and will catch up more tomorrow.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #4  

Pam, it's wonderful to hear from you! I'm glad the new job is going well and that your husband's health is good. Hard to believe Lauren is finished with her first year of college. My son and DIL bought a house and have been working on getting things done. They pulled up carpeting to find hardwood floors underneath and didn't have to do much to restore them back other than a good cleaning and a coat of polyeurethene. He's now full-time at the new LECOM Wellness Facility and loves his job--it's exactly what he went to school for and the facility is a medically integrated one so there's doctor's offices, physical therapists, along with the fitness facilities. He loves it!

I had my blood drawn yesterday morning and because the doctor's office put on the form to fax me the results I had them by 1 p.m. The good news is that as of this morning I'm back on my Synthroid My levels are way below the ranges so it's going to take some time to get them back up to where they need to be but at least they're not starting me back at the lowest dose--they're just restarting me on the dose I was on previously so hopefully in 6 weeks I'll be feeling better. I'm certainly hoping it will help with these darn weight gains that I've had.

This morning my boss brought in muffins for our morning break and his wife made brownies for this afternoon--my girlfriend also brought me in a plate of brownies (cut into small pieces) and a box of Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade for my birthday. I'll be bouncing off the walls later today--not used to all that sugar. I'm thinking of bypassing the scale this week and enjoying a cup of coffee and part of a muffin. Besides, I don't need to see another gain at the scale.

The weather here is gorgeous, although a little warm for my tastes, with temps supposed to get into the mid 80's today. It's 74 already!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #5  

Melissa

I hope you have a great day. Glad the docs have you back on the Synthroid!
Good news that your DH found a house and a job he enjoys. He sounds like a very mature young man.

The weather here has been dismal, nothing but rain for at least 10 days now although I hear summer will finally arrive in this area on Friday!

I'm going to grab a quick bite to eat before my next meeting so I'll post more later!
Old 06-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #6  

Pam, Welcome back!!! So good to have you here. Your new job sounds great and DH's job, too. I'm glad you're staying active. We are all struggling with some extra poundage we would like to get rid of. I was in a play a couple weeks ago and it was fun because it was locally-written. I was asked to join the cast when someone dropped out and I had to learn lines in less than a week.

I'm looking forward to my brother's wedding. Yes, I hope that two times is a charm. We really like his fiancee. Your weather is not good at all--we could use some rain here. We have had a heat wave that has been so tough--it was 99 on Sunday with high humidity.

Melissa, Happy Birthday!! That's great. I'm so glad you're back on your meds. Why were you taken off them to begin with? Your weather sounds really nice.

I'm getting a massage tonight and looking forward to it. My trapezius (sp) muscles are really sore. It's all the computer work I do.

We head to North Carolina on Friday and return Monday night (short trip).
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies!

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a very busy day at work and I was brain mush most of the evening. I was in my pajamas by 8:30 and settled on the couch with a glass of wine and the DVD "Nights in Rodanthe".

Pam, summer has definitely arrived here--it's 84 degrees and it's only 11:35! It's supposed to be hot, humid with t'storms later. We'll see what transpires. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be quite as bad and the weekend looks promising.

Lisa, I talked to my girlfriend last night and she NEVER complains about the weather down there and last night she was saying it was bad/oppressive. I was taken off the meds because my thyroid went haywire--I went hypER and they had to "kill" off my thyroid and wait for my numbers to bottom out before they could start me back up on the Synthroid. I'm hoping it won't take as long as it did for me before to start feeling better. Just knowing I'm back on them is helpful to my psyche.

I did end up going to the meeting and did do the WI. I went back and forth about it but I really needed to know where I was at. The good news is that I was only up .8 this week and that could be from the extra coffee/part of muffin I ate around 10:30. We'll see next week. As long as it holds I'll be happy at this point.

I'll check back later...it's good to have you back, Pam.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #8  

Melissa, So, would you recommend Nights in Rodanthe?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #9  

Oh definitely...if you're looking for a "light" movie this isn't it but it's really good IMHO. I have to say Richard Gere is aging very well, lol.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #10  

Oh I love Nicholas Sparks. I read Nights in Rodanthe but haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe I'll watch this weekend. Actually my weekend starts today. No work tomorrow YEAH!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #11  

Pam, I love reading Nicholas Sparks books too. I think my favorite is "The Wedding". Enjoy your weekend!

I have a busy one--way too much going on. Tonight we're setting up a tent for my friend's "Thank Goodness We're Done with School Party"--she finished her doctorate in Physical Therapy and her DH is done with his residency program so they're celebrating. Saturday morning I need to run to pick up rolls for her party, then we'll head there in the afternoon. Sunday morning I'm working at WW and in the afternoon we'll be heading down to campus for DS #2's orientation and we won't get home until 9:30 or so. Monday will be crazy as well with orientation and then at night I'm helping with the drum & bugle corps show so I'll be tied up until at least 10 p.m. Tuesday, I'll collapse, lol.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #12  

Wow Melissa you have some busy days ahead. The party Saturday sounds like it will be fun. Enjoy! I think Nicholas Sparks and Anita Shreve are 2 of my favorite authors. Actually Anita use to live in Western MA. Not sure if she still does.
Are any of you ladies on Facebook? My sister finally convinced me to join and I still don't quite "get" it. I've found a few old high school and work friends but not too sure if I will find the time to get on regularly.
Well I'm going to spend today trying to get my kitchen back in order. We had our cabinets refaced and a new window installed. Time to get everything out of the boxes and back in the cabinets.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #13  

Pam, I'm on Facebook...you should be able to "find" me if you put in my name and Gannon.