Old 06-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Default I am excited to work out today!

I went waay OP this weekend, and I am excited to get back to the gym today, and tomorrow, and the next day. I want to feel strong and powerful and slim. Most of all, I want to remember this feeling!

What is one thing you are looking forward to about exercising? Let's stay motivated
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I'm totally in the same boat - I had a few slip-ups yesterday, so I decided to go do my C25K run before work today. It's going to be 90* and humid here today, so I just knew that if I waited until after work, I'd find a way to talk myself out of it.

It was actually really nice to have that time to myself before heading into work. If you've ever seen the movie "What Women Want" - specifically the cheesy running commercial they put together - that's totally how I was feeling. Except the reality was a little less zen, and a little more avoiding Canadian geese and wiping sweat off my forehead
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm looking forward to just sweating, a LOT. I know its gross, but I enjoy it. When I sweat, its like an inner cleanse - like I just got rid of all the crap that's in my body and mind. I just hope that my favorite elliptical is free when I get to the gym.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

wow! I love your determination, and I just felt really inspired now by reading this! I want that feeling too. I've been such a failure this whole week but it's time to turn it aroundd! YEAH! YES! I CAN DO THIS!

also, I feel kinda slow but what does "OP" stand for?...lol

Stellarosa-- I know just what you mean! I love to sweat after a good work out. It just feels so refreshing and just makes me know that my body is burning and getting lean and toned! when I don't sweat, I feel like I did nothing and it just doesn't get me pumped.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 06-22-2009 at 04:24 PM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

Good, I'm not the only one who enjoys the grossness

OP = on plan.

Don't feel slow. It took me a few months until I asked what NSV stood for.

(Non-Scale Victory)

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-22-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #6  
There Is No Wagon

Had a great spin, sweated up a storm (I like it too!) and as an added bonus the lighting in the spin room is really dim so it makes everyone look sleek and tan LOL...I even had a clear view to 3 mirrors which I find really motivating, looking at both the good and the bad, heh. Tomorrow I'm going to try to go before work, so I can hold onto this feeling all day
Old 06-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #7  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Ya'll definately aren't the only ones who love a good sweat. I own an elliptical and we don't have A/C. Even though I've always been a sweater (heh), I'm am now a super sweater. My clothes are soaked at the end. When the sweat starts to drip down my face, love it! It lets me know that I am working hard and not cheating myself. I also like it when my face gets really red. Yeah, I kinda look like my head's about to burst, but it gives me more color throughout the day (I'm mad pale).

And now I must go hope on that sucker and work up the sweat I love so much!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #8  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Sunday the 14th I stepped on a rusty nail, today was the first day I was able to do real exercising since then it was great, and such a motivation to be able to move again and see my GWF get higher than it has in a week. I am still hurting and having to take things a little easier than I would like but it still felt nice to be able to do something. Tomorrow I have my cardio class at school, after missing 3 days of it and I am excited to work up a sweat on the bike.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #9  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

I have to report back, post-workout, on another thing I love about exercise: the shower after. I like to visualize rinsing away the fat cells with the sweat.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

Oh agreed, the shower after is awesome. I just rinse off because I have to wash my hair in the morning, but its sooo nice.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

".....another thing I love about exercise: the shower after. I like to visualize rinsing away the fat cells with the sweat"

YES! yes and YES! I thought I was the only one who thought that hahah, it's like washing away my old fat self and having a thinner body emerge from underneath.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

you girls are some enthusiastic exercisers today!!

well, i was feeling pumped all day at work, looking forward to getting in a good run right after work. i got out there with my hubby, but neither of us were feeling it.

i had hoped to get 5km in, but only managed 3.2km, with a bit of walking included...oh well, at least we got out there! plus, it started to rain the last 5 minutes or so, so it worked out well...
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #13  
Brighter than the moon!

Had to fight with myself to go to spinning this morning, but I went and now I'm in a super good mood.

My internal dialogue in the morning amuses me.

Alarm goes off.
OK get up
I don't wanna
But you have to get up.
My legs are tired
You have to go ALL the way up to Towson tonight, you can't go to the gym later GET UP
I DON'T WANNA
GET THE F*** UP NOW OR YOU'LL BE FAT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND NO ONE WILL LIKE YOU.
OKAY!!!!!!
/falls out of bed onto cat

Really, sometimes this is what it takes.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #14  
There Is No Wagon

Haha stellarosa I am right there with you...I only hit snooze once this morning and then was able to drag my *** to the gym. I had to keep telling myself it's only 30 minutes, I can do that in my sleep...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

stellarosa - That is hilarious! I laughed reading it.

forestroad - You are awesome for working out with determination!!

I was really looking forward to my workout today because I started the 30day shred on Sunday, so I am on L1D3. Exciting to imagine a slimmer, better built version of myself in 30 days! Oh and I was really looking forward to breaking in our new elliptical. I found it on craigslist yesterday afternoon and the hubby and I went by last night, gave it a test run and bought it -$30!!! SCORE! It's nothing fancy, but it works just fine and has a little computer read-out for calories, time, and distance. I came straight home and turned on the 30day shred inside the house and then moved into the un-air conditioned garage for the elliptical and man was it hot out there! I sweated up a storm!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote