Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #1  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I need STRENGTH!!!!

We made some AMAZING oatmeal cookies (a lighter version), I've had two and they are so tasty.

I want more, but it would put me over my limit, and I went over my limit yesterday. I'm typing here for some accountability. I want to lose this weight!!!!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #2  
*~Gamer Goddess~*

S/C/G: 236/Ticker/110

Height: 5'1

Stay AWAY from the cookies!!!!!

You can have a few more when you work them into your calories for tomorrow!

Don't look at or think about them. Out of sight, out of mind.
StarryNights110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #3  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!!!! lol!!!!

My mom made some carrot cake cookies with cream cheese icing, and they are to DIE for... I put them in the freezer.. after I lose another couple lbs i'll have one.. a couple more lbs.. another one.. they will be my "treat" for a job well done.
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #4  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

Picture yourself at your next weigh-in and how mad you'll be at yourself if your weight is up after you've had too many cookies. That should help!

Be strong! Cookies aren't worth it. Five minutes later all you will feel is guilt and more hunger and cravings. NOT. WORTH. IT.
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanna Banana View Post
We made some AMAZING oatmeal cookies (a lighter version), I've had two and they are so tasty.

I want more, but it would put me over my limit, and I went over my limit yesterday. I'm typing here for some accountability. I want to lose this weight!!!!
Lighter versions are STILL highly caloric and void of much nutrition - though they're still delicious and HIGHLY tempting and too easy to overeat. Homemade baked goods are without a doubt the hardest thing for me to resist. Which is why for the first bunch of months of my journey - there was NO baking done in my house. I needed to set myself up for success - and baked goods and me - well, I knew they were just to torturous for me to have around. So they were adios for a loooong time.

Good for you for trying to put a halt to it. But if I were you, I'd get them the heck out of the house. Freezing never helped me either. Frozen cookies (home baked ones that is) are still irresistible to me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #6  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Lighter versions are STILL highly caloric and void of much nutrition - though they're still delicious and HIGHLY tempting and too easy to overeat. Homemade baked goods are without a doubt the hardest thing for me to resist. Which is why for the first bunch of months of my journey - there was NO baking done in my house. I needed to set myself up for success - and baked goods and me - well, I knew they were just to torturous for me to have around. So they were adios for a loooong time.

Good for you for trying to put a halt to it. But if I were you, I'd get them the heck out of the house. Freezing never helped me either. Frozen cookies (home baked ones that is) are still irresistible to me.
I'm afraid of breaking my teeth.. so frozen works for me...

Also, noticed your avatar.. and WOW!! 165lbs! That's amazing!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moralia View Post
I'm afraid of breaking my teeth.. so frozen works for me...

Also, noticed your avatar.. and WOW!! 165lbs! That's amazing!!
You see, now right there is the difference between a former "morbidly obese person", one who reached 287 lbs at only 5 feet tall - and someone who never got quite as - frozen cookies don't stop us! But truth be known, they don't get rock hard. Wouldv'e been better off if they did - maybe.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #8  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Quote:
You see, now right there is the difference between a former "morbidly obese person", one who reached 287 lbs at only 5 feet tall - and someone who never got quite as - frozen cookies don't stop us! But truth be known, they don't get rock hard. Wouldv'e been better off if they did - maybe.
I have been eating frozen cookies ever since I was old enough to grab them out of the freezer.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #9  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Cut one in half. I think people are more likely to binge eat or "cheat" if they deny themselves anything. OR, eat one, then adjust your calories for the rest of the day.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
I have been eating frozen cookies ever since I was old enough to grab them out of the freezer.
You see, I didn't really think that eating frozen cookies was exclusive to only the morbidly obese.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

Since I journal my food (I need it for accountability), I work treat foods into my plan. When it comes to baked goods like cookies, yes, I freeze the extras knowing that I can always have it again another day.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 View Post
Cut one in half. I think people are more likely to binge eat or "cheat" if they deny themselves anything. OR, eat one, then adjust your calories for the rest of the day.
This is not the case with me - at all.

An oft thrown around quote comes to mind here:

One cookie is too many and a dozen is not enough.

I am better off not starting as I have a HARD time stopping.
One bite, one taste - and I'm gone - I want more and more and more. I'm a bottomless pit. Once I open up that door - forget about. I can't be trusted. I am much better off telling myself "no".

For *me* eating that *one* cookie is really denying myself - of a fit, trim and healthy me. Because you see that is what I want the MOST.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #13  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

I stepped away from them last night and stayed within my calories! Yay! Then I had two with breakfast...LOL....that's it for today though!!! I don't need anymore! Luckily, they are pretty small and I know how to count them. Whew!

Thanks for the encouragement.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #14  
Workin' It

Quote:
You see, I didn't really think that eating frozen cookies was exclusive to only the morbidly obese.
I too eat the frozen cookies, both already baked and the raw frozen cookie dough. Have all of my life. Freezing doesn't slow me down for a second.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #15  
Workin' It

Tanna, good job on stepping away from them last night! Now, no more today! Got your fix out early!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote