Old 06-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #1  

Default question about some recipies and substitutes

Ok, so I found where someone had posted several awesome recipies with very little if any carbs in them. So, I live in a very very small town and don't think that the stores around here will have the same things available to me. Here are two things that I am pretty sure I will nt be able to find around here:
Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip
Choco Perfection dark chocolate bar

What can I use to substitute without raising any of the carb count?

I am seriously so excited to find these and thank you so much to whoever posted these recipies! It is going to be a lifesaver for me! But any idea for substitues on these 2 things?
fatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

What are the specific recipes? Substitutions don't always work.
As for Chocoperfection bars...I believe they are only available online & they are quite costly.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #3  

one is for the chocolate chip mint clouds and the other is fr the peanut butter and marshmallow dip stuff combined.
Thank you!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

I'm a firm believer in "if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is".
Have you ever looked at the ingredients on a jar of Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip?
Triple Filtered Purified Water, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Lactic Acid, Sucralose (Splenda Brand), Titanium Dioxide, Salt, Xanthan Gum and Potassium Sorbate (To Preserve Freshness).
Ummm..I can't even pronounce half that stuff! And 0 carbs, 0 calories...0 everything makes me a little suspicious.
The Choco Perfection bars are made with Oligofructose and Erythritol. Erythritol is classified as a sugar alcohol and if it is consumed excessively, it does result in digestive upset, diarrhea, and bloating. Oligofrutose is an artificial sweetener that may or may not cause stomach distress...pretty much a YMMV issue. These bars are also quite costly ($38-40 for 12).
Have you looked into the dessert recipes on the Genaw website? Lots of delicious low carb, Atkins friendly recipes.....some are even Induction friendly

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-22-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #5  

I have never even heard of that website! LOL! I will def. look at it!! I had found those recipies las night and they sounded so yummy! I guess it is a good thing that I can't find the ingredients here! Thank you!
Any other suggestions for a really good snack I can have on hand or anything really. I have just been really weak this week. Thank you again!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

BEST Atkins friendly recipe site on the web
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #7  

thanks!!!