Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2001, 05:38 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Sorry you are having a bad time. It was very sad news. Hang in there.

Slavika: Boy thats an early flight. How long is the plane ride from where you are? You are gonna have so much fun! Lol on the SHE Shells. She sounds so cute!

Josie: I want to see Castaway. I love Tom Hanks. But will have to wait for it to come out on tape. We just never go to movies.

Maria: Sorry you didnt lose again. Hopefully it will come off next week!

Peggy: I loved the Titanic and all the great artifacts!
Old 01-31-2001, 06:52 AM   #2  
Super Surfer

CRACKED POTS
A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the
stream to the master's house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water in his master's house. Of course, the perfect
pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you."

Why?" asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?"

I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from
your efforts," the pot said.

The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path."

Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again it apologized to the bearer for its failure.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's
table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."

Moral: Each of us has our own unique flaws.
We're all cracked pots. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.
You've just got to take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them.

There is a lot of good out there.
There is a lot of good in us!
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life! Or as I like to think of it--if it hadn't been for the crackpots in my life, it would have been pretty boring.

Thank you, all my crackpot friends....
Old 01-31-2001, 07:16 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Very nice trudy! I really like that!
Old 01-31-2001, 06:15 PM   #4  

Good morning, Trudy that was excellent. Maybe the world should read that and maybe there wouldn't be all the problems that there are now. I am going to lunch today with my old boss. This is dangerous going to lunch 2 days in a row. I don't always make wise choices. Survivor is on again tonite. I will watch since I missed it after the Stupid Bowl(not a football fan). Roger, the oldest man on it is from Kentucky - just over the river from here. I hope he does well. Bye for now - gotta get that walk in early. Peggy
Old 02-01-2001, 01:20 AM   #5  
donna p

Hi all. Well a typical winter day here - cool, damp, rainy, wet, grey etc. etc. That trip to Maui, Slavika is sounding so good about now.

I don't watch the tv all that much and I didn't watch the last survivor show. I don't know how people can gang up on each other like that . I can understand the physical fitness part and the competitivness that way but not the other stuff. Colleen likes it and watches and proceeds to try and fill me in. We even have to tape it for her if she has to miss it.
I eat out quite a bit and it is hard to make the right choices. For lunch I try and usually go for sushi, subway, or a healthy sandwich and smaller portions. It doesn't always make for a good loss but I am struggling to make this a lifestyle and something that I can live with so I work it the best I can - sometimes I just can't do it right....<g>

I think I would go to the other meeting just for the bike ride and the weigh in. That is such a good idea. I'm nervous to ride a bike after all these years but I am going to keep my eye out for an older model one and ride around in it this spring. I don't like these new funny handle barred ones.

Everyone - HI. have a great day...later.....donna

Old 02-01-2001, 04:55 AM   #6  

G'day all
I wrote my longest post yet and I lost is
Some of you may well be relieved
All I will say in this smaller post that we are in for another heat wave , I am having cable tv put on today and I am trying different things with my 123 program and according to MY scales it is working.
'Speak'to you soon, stay well and happy
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies
Old 02-01-2001, 07:08 AM   #7  
Super Surfer

Hi everyone
How are you doing Glenda? I hope you are ok.
Peggy The second installment of Survivor is on tomorrow night here. I will be watching it too, and will look for Roger.
Donna It is miserable here today as well, it got cold again however, the sun was shining.
Maria Don't give up, the scale has to come out in your favor. You will probably have a big drop all of a sudden.
Lily..It doesn't look good for us, Slavika & Hubby are disgustingly healthy and it doesn't look like there will be any substitutions made. She still doesn't have her PC back, so she is being forced to watch TV. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif

Has anyone read "Unspeakable" by Sandra Brown? I just finished the audio tape, it was really good. I just use the tape when I am working out, and the time just flys by. I am starting "Red White & Blue" by Susan Isaacs now. Slavika was the one who got me interested in using the cassettes. I have been getting them from the local library.

Well that is it for me, nothing new going on here. I will look back in case someone with an interesting life has something exciting to post.

Old 02-01-2001, 08:30 AM   #8  
Life Time 2001

Donna: I havent watched Survivor either. DH watches it, but like you it just doesnt interest me. He loved the Crocodilles (?) on the last one. He kept yelling at me to come down and watch.

Peggy: Im with you! It is a Stupid Bowl! Im not a football fan either. Like to watch it in person but just cant get into it on TV at all.

Maria: Glad the things you are doing are working! Hopefully you will have a big loss this week!

Trudy: ALAS..... I was still hoping, but I guess its just not gonna happen. I guess I will just let Slavika go and have fun. But she better bring us back presents for leaving us stranded here. If she doesnt make it back, Tell her to have a wonderful time and to look up Tom Seleck as he lives on Maui! (She could bring him home for me) http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif
I havent read either of those books. But I do want to get into the tape books. Sounds like a good way to pass the time while exercising.

Nothing exciting happening with me.

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 01-31-2001).]
Old 02-01-2001, 08:07 PM   #9  

Good Morning, It is cold and gloomy here. Yuck!!! I am more than ready for spring. Maria you can send a little of that heat over here. Trudy, I just finished SBrowne's The Switch - in book form. I am off to the library today to get some more and I think I will get some audio tapes. I like to listen to them when I craft instead of watching t.v. I have a pile of sweatshirts to paint. I am starting to get ready for next falls craft shows. Glenda, I hope that everything is going o.k. with you - I thought of you on Wednesday and said a little prayer. Donna I haven't been on a bike in years but it sounds like fun. I don't like those goofy handlebars either. Hi Lily - how is everything with you? Have a great day everyone and stay op. I am off to get my hair trimmed. Bye, Peggy
Old 02-02-2001, 02:14 AM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Lily and Peggy - thank you so much for thinking about us. We have had one heck of a week! Yesterday we had the memorial service at our newly renovated basketball arena. It was full and we had the family of the ten men in the audience. It was a beautiful ceremony, celebrating their lives. My boss Harry Birdwell gave a wonderful message of hope and our President Halligan had a very intimate message for the families. This whole thing went off like clockwork--must have had the hand of God in it because the logistics were unbelievable and we did it in 3 days. It was beautiful, but I hope we never have to do anything like that again! Now we are going through the individual funerals. So sad when 4 of these people were just kids of 20-22 and8 were under 30. This has been such a sad time for us, but it is getting a bit better.

I miss Slavika passing through and leaving her cute stories. She leaves tomorrow, right?
Glenda
Old 02-02-2001, 03:51 AM   #11  

Glenda in my very long post that went missing in action I did convey my sympathies to the tragic accident your community is coming to terms with.
This same week in Western Australia, 4 young police men went down in a light plane crash. Our news is at the moment mainly focussed on the down turn in the US economy and the possiblity of a recession, on page three we read about the horrendous earthquake in India. I am ashamed to say it, but it just shows where our priorities are.
On a cheerier note, well sort of....... another HOT day, dh is coming home from his business trip and I have been totally OP and feel positive that this MUST show on the scales this week.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 02-02-2001, 03:54 AM   #12  

Just realised that you must be leaving soon Slavika on your holiday.
No doubt bikinis, suntan lotion, hat and beach towel are well and truly packed.
Have a great holiday Slavika, look forward to a long post on your return of your holiday experience.
Cheers
Maria
Old 02-02-2001, 08:44 AM   #13  
Super Surfer

We all miss Slavika and she hasn't even left yet. They leave Sat. morning, bright and early. She still hasn't got her PC back, you can be sure she would be posting if she could. I have been filling her in on our board.
Did you all watch Survivor tonight? I could have skipped the worms and bugs etc., that kind of made me http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sick.gif. I think this bunch is more ruthless than the other Survivor show.
Glenda There was an article in our newspaper about the plane crash. It was awful. The ceremony sounded beautiful, the families have so much healing to do now.
Maria Every night the news is filled with so much tragedy, the earthquake in India was just awful to see.
Almost 2 weeks ago my Mom had an episode at 2:00am that might have been a small heart attack. She didn't tell anyone she was in trouble, and by the time I found out she was feeling better. Anyway I got her to the Doc on the Monday morning, she went for EKG and blood work. Well we have been waiting for the results for some time now, and today we were informed that they lost the blood work results. Can you believe that? Tomorrow they will let us know if she has to redo them. Sometimes I wonder???

Good night all http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif....

Old 02-02-2001, 11:28 AM   #14  

G'day all,
For me it is 3.45 Friday afternoon and the temperature has hit 41C
I know Australia is a big country but it seems really weird that dh's aircraft was unable to take off from where he was due to storms and unprecedented rain, many areas in Queensland are flooded and here we are, no rain in sight, very high temperatures and bushfires raging in part of our state.
DH should now be home in about 2hours. Thank goodness for mobile phones, he rang as he boarded his flight to let me know.
Trudy sorry to hear about your Mum. I am not surprised about the 'blood work loss'. I just wonder did those things go on before but because we were less informed we weren't aware? It is not that long ago that most of us were in awe of our doctors who just knew everything and who were we, mere mortals, to question anything they said.
Thank goodness times have changed.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 02-02-2001, 06:33 PM   #15  

Trudy I hope your mom is o.k. That is wierd that they lost her bloodwork. It makes you wonder what else they lose. I checked out Unspeakable on audio yesterday. Can't wait to listen to it. Bye for now, Peggy
Closed Thread