Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #1  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Default Thought for the day

Happy Monday everyone! I found this while surfing the net ~ and thought I would pass it along to offer some encouragement to everybody! blessings to you, irishwings

Patience

Don’t always insist on immediate results in life. Especially in reaching your weight loss goals. If you’re patient, so much more is possible.

Think about all the wonderful things in this world that take time and effort. Write a list mentally in your head. Now run down that list and imagine all of them whipped together in seconds or minutes instead of hours…or just a few weeks instead of years. Would they still turn out to be the amazing things they are? I guarantee you they won’t. There would be so many errors made out of haste and lack of commitment. Heart and soul wouldn’t be in them, and no one would appreciate the creations because they were just too easy to throw together.

For those same reasons of a value and worth, you should be able to practice patience and diligence with yourself as well.

You’re worth the time and effort, so give up the craving for instant satisfaction and give in to the value of patience. Dreams come true over time, not over night.

Old 06-24-2002, 12:32 PM   #2  
Slowly going crazy!

Things that take patience:

learning to walk
learning to read
being engaged (and trying to stay "virginal" through a 16 month engagment)
being pregnant
potty training
buying/building a home
hmmm....that's all I can think of for now
Old 06-24-2002, 12:52 PM   #3  
Gonna fly now!

Most excellent!!!

I also think of pregnancy, too ~ how it takes weeks and months for the baby to be carefully knit together in the mother's womb. Becoming who we are meant to be is probably a lot like that!

(Or maybe losing weight is more like giving birth . . .tiring, excruciating, hard work ~ something you feel like your body just can't do. . .lol!)

I also think of amazing works of art . . .like the Sistene Chapel. That magnificent, far-reaching work began with one brush stroke and over time became a world masterpiece. Just like losing weight ~ becoming who we want to be begins with that first pound lost.

blessings, irishwings
Old 06-24-2002, 01:35 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

You guys are awesome today!! I like this thread. I was just thinking today that if I would focus on losing 1 lb a week, no matter what I'd be much more successful than trying to lose 5 lbs one week and then not caring the next.

Something else that takes patience:

Growing a beautiful plant.

By the way Amy...you have much more patience that I do!! 16 months!! no way!!
Old 06-24-2002, 02:22 PM   #5  
Gonna fly now!

I LOVE the plant metaphor ~ it's so fitting ~ plants start from a seed, have to grow roots, and NEED WATER like we do! Plus, plants need pruning from time to time! Great example!

You're so right ~ if I would make small changes and lose a little at a time, over time those small weight loss amounts would add up nicely!

blessings to you ~ irishwings
Old 06-25-2002, 12:31 AM   #6  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Wow Great Thread ! .. It really made me open my eyes and think a little bit. When I don't see results and I've been working so hard its difficult to keep going. I'm to anxious for everything to happen fast......You gave me an entire new way to look at things.. Thank you
Old 06-25-2002, 11:58 AM   #7  
Gonna fly now!

Zap, I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm so glad you feel inspired ~ I feel inspired too, and it has been a REALLY long time since I've felt anything like that!

It's amazing what reading everyone's responses has done for me. . .I feel like I have friends that truly do understand! I think ya'll are the nicest folks on the 'net!!!

blessings to you ~ irishwings
Closed Thread