Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default "Keep-in-Touch" Thread

Summer officially arrives this weekend and it definitely feels like a fresh start is needed around here. Our weather has been very summer-like most of this past week, but there is nothing but rain in the forecast for the next few days.

All my continuing health problems and the lack of definitive knowledge as to what is causing the coughing, wheezing, and drastic shortness of breath are definitely taking a toll on my blood glucose levels. This is all getting extremely tiresome. Maybe the Bloodwork on Monday followed by the Liver Biopsy on Tuesday will get us closer to a diagnosis. In the mean time.

I do have semi good news (maybe)-- the high BGL is not bringing the usual yeast infection problems and I am seeing "onederland" numbers on the scale the past couple of days. BUT . . . . . . I do think that has more to do with the health problems than anything I'm actually doing consciously.

Anyway . . . the good old Summertime is now one of my favourite season . . . the fact that I hate the heat, humidity and bugs never makes things more pleasant or less stressful.

How about you???? Is Summer a more difficult or an easier season for you in the ongoing routines of "Living with Diabetes"?????
Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #2  

Cool

Hi all. Sunny here. Very busy at work -- for a change. My BGL was 114 this a.m. It was higher earlier in the week. No change in eating habits. Who knows.
Meowee - It's good to hear from you. Sorry you are still ill. You are sure keeping all those docs busy. I do hope they solve the myster and get you better. Take care.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #3  

Hi everyone..sunny day here..meowee so nice to here from you hope u get some answers soon..rosetta nice to here from u too..nothing new in my world..watching my grdd..she's lots of fun and keeps me busy..have agreat day all and ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 06-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #4  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Summer to all,
My tomatoes are show their beauty here in Colorado. I am doing well and will be finishing my Nutrisystem D foods. I have been on it for a month with great success. The food isn't tasty anymore and can't wait to start the ADA diet of 1500 calories. My husband and I have been working hard at our menus and shopping lists. I am excited and will test often. My blood sugars are running between 92- 101. I am thrilled. I have lost 15lbs since May 13 of my diagnosis.

Barbecueing is looking real good and can't wait to do good healthy roasting of veges, chicken breasts, lean pork chops and good lean buffalo. It will be nice. I am already used to measuring and weighing. Onward and forward to good health and more exercising too.

Be well and blessings to all,
Melanie in Colorado
Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy first official day of summer! I always feel beadly when it arrives because I know the days are getting shorter and prefer it the other way around.

I've been sticking to my plan and have had good readings lately. The weight is still stuck. I hate to imagine it but I may be eating too few calories! I'll start using Fitday again and track them.

Meowee, I feel so badly that you are still battling your health problems. I hope the tests this week are definitive.

Rosey, I wish my grandd lived closer. She's nine now and I feel I've missed a lot.

Rosetta, the mystery of BGL changes is still unsolved to me. Mine is up and down for no obvious reason these days.

Melsie, kudos on the weightloss! Yes, summer can be a healthy eating time. I adore grilled veggies and have been feasting on asparagus. My tomatoes just have their first blossoms!

Have a great Sunday and hug your Dad if he's still with you. If not, cherish some sweet memories.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hello everyone!

There's no summer weather here but hopefully it improves during the weekend. This past weekend was a lot of fun but I behave not so good I'll say. On Friday after I finished my work here I picked up my baby, got him into his little pushing car and we went to the Grecian Festival a couple of blocks away from the house. My husband met us there when and we spent the evening listening to good old Greek music and eating Mousaka.

Saturday was mi niece birthday party, I didn't eat a lot but I ate a piece of cake.

And yesterday I had a surprise birthday party for my dad and people came over to celebrate Father's Day also, I coocked a lot of devilish dishes like: pork shoulder, rice with pegeon peas, potato salad and gratinated potatoes. I bought him ice cream cake and again...I had a piece of it.

I just needed to confess over here, that way is out of my system and I can move on to a good week OP.

Meowee, I'm glad to read you again! Best wishes for your prompt recuperation.

Melsie you are on fire! I'm so happy to read that

Enjoy you Monday all!

Last edited by Renacer; 06-22-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Sounds like a fun weekend, Renacer. I hope you get summer soon.

Forgot my pills last night for some reason. There they were on the dresser beside my glass of water. I must have had a brain fart!

I was at a BBQ last night and managed very well by avoiding the potato salad and the desserts. I shared my burger with Charlie the Dog who will be eternally grateful. I've noticed that people at these events really don't notice what you are eating, particularly if you move around talking to different folks. Anyhow my ticker is finally telling the truth - now to get it to move down. I think it's directionally challenged.

Thinking of Meowee today as she undergoes her biopsy.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Best whishes Meowee
Old 06-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! BBQ sauce put my BGL up this morning or else it's the heat! I'm up two pounds overnight which I KNOW is water retention since I sure didn't eat an extra 7,000 calories yesterday!

Cool and healthy meals and lots of water on today's plan.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #10  

Hi everyone.. sry i have been mia..i'm having puter troubles and my laptop is being fixed..im using my dh old puter in the back bedrm..its difficult to get to as the wheel chair doesn'd fit thru the door and my dh has to fold it up and push it thru and then i follow with the walker.. as u can tell its alot of work so only use it when im in severe puter with drawals ..our summer has been beautiful..had my grdd for 4 days and she kept me hopping..she's constant motion and smart too..she beat me at domonos and scrabble..of course im not a proud grama or anything lol..,y sl have been fairly constant around the 100's..my neighbor brought us some fresh cought halibut..i cooked it in the oven,dipped in butter and crushed sour-cm and chive potatoe chips sprinkled on top..very yummy..i have made a decision for myself and would like to share..in the last yr alot had happened to me and last winter was long and difficult..i didn't get out much as its so hard on my dh to physically move me out the door in my wheel chair..im looking at the future and as we get older hes not going to be able to do that and i will be house bound.. after having my apt for yearly ckup my dr and i discussed wgt loss surgury as an option for me both for health and mobility..and if my ins will pay for it i have decided with her ok(in fact she recommends it) to go for it..right now im in the process of having the tests etc and then will see the surg ,who will contact my ins etc and determine if i can have this or not..a lot of ifs right now but i dont want to end up a sick old lady stuck in my house..i have tried many diets and i stay the same and since my surg last yr and loss of the use of my legs and feet its hard to get the real exercise i need to accomplish the wgt loss that i need..im scared but hopeful and am glad i have u all to support me whatever the out come..anyways thats whats on my agenda..hoping u all have a great weekend..get better meowee we miss you.. for all rosey
Old 06-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #11  

Cool

Hi all. BGL's been a little high. Probably because of too much food.
Rosey - I've been struggling with the same issue. Because of my weight I'm not as mobile and I wish and there are a lot of things I can't do. I'm sure you've thought this through. It's a tough decision, but I say go for it. We will be here to support you.
Meowee -
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hello all,

I'll be joining your chat now. It's been sunny and we've had some storms in Ohio, right now it looks really gloomy. My BGL has been stable, I'm really happy about that. Ranges from 87-95. I can run up to 5 miles a day now, 4 weeks ago I couldn't even walk down the stairs. I really hope things will get better for you ladies as it did for me.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Just realized I didn't do my morning blood test and have already had coffee. I have a friend from 3FC visiting me this week and we have been keeping each other on track so it should be fine.

Nice to see you here, AngelicLyna, and congratulations on your weightloss so far.

Rosey, WLS is a major decision and I hope it helps you become more mobile. Rosetta, I've considered it too but my age is against me.

It's the last day of June! Enjoy the remains of such a pretty month. I do love summer but wish she would slow down a bit!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #14  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy 4th of July! I hope all is well with everyone and that everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday. I am doing great since I am on the ADA way of eating. Blood sugar's range around 98 to 110. I am exercising doing Leslie Sansom tapes and starting Jazzercise tapes as well. Tell me what diet plan you are on and your exercise routine you are on and how it is working for you.

Blessings to all,
Melanie in Colorado
Old 07-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Good morning and Happy Independence day to my American neighbours!

Weight and BGL are not good this morning - it's been a week of a tad too much snacking and eating out. It definitely will be better after I get this weekend over - BBQ, BBQ, brunch and big Church dinner will all happen before tomorrow night! I made 12 pies for the dinner and did not sample anything until I dropped a coconut cream and grabbed for a fork! The dogs helped with clean-up.

I am on Phase II of South Beach which seems to work well at keeping my BGL stabilized. No formal exercise is happening although I am very active with house and garden tasks. Walking is a bit of a problem with damaged knees - one was "fixed" and the other one is on its way to an eventual operation. I do have the WATP tapes and must start using them.

Have a glorious day.
Closed Thread