South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 270/CW 218/ MiniGW 200/

Height: 5'8"

Red face Phase One-Sweating lots?

I found that for the last couple of days-since I have started on Phase 1, when I am moving around/working I am perspiring, not just in the usual places-but on my face. I don't exercise, other than being on my feet all day for work. It can be a tad embarrassing! It is warm, but not that warm. I don't sweat like this when I'm not moving-oh and when I was in Walmart, which has loads of air conditioning, I was all sweaty again. Anyone else has these issues?

Last edited by glitznvixen; 06-16-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sweating is a good thing...maybe your body is just trying to get rid of all those toxins in there. I'm not much of a sweater, so I hit the steam room every day to clean out the old pores...so maybe your body is just taking care of business all on it's own?

Be sure to drink lots of water too...your body may be trying to get rid of stuff by sweating if you haven't had enough water? Just a thought.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-17-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Glitzn, I've never heard this one before--though I certainly sweat a LOT when I was at my highest weight. My extra weight made me hot and any time I moved, the effort it took resulted in lots of sweat. It was one of the reasons I was motivated to lose.

Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, though. If it continues for more than a week, you may want to see your doctor. In the meantime, make sure you get lots of water and a decent amount of salt. If you sweat too much, you can get really dehydrated. Also, you need to make sure you're getting electrolytes. If you aren't getting enough from your food, check out Smart Water--it's just good, clean water with added electrolytes.

I don't know if it'll help, but everyone I know who has lost a lot of weight (including me) has found that as they get closer to goal, they become cold almost all of the time. It's some strange side effect of weight loss. So look forward to that!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 270/CW 218/ MiniGW 200/

Height: 5'8"

Thanks ladies!!
Closed Thread