Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 01:07 AM   #1  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Here's our new thread. I'll come back later.....maybe in the meantime something exciting will happen in my life, that I can post about. LOL

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-23-2001, 01:35 AM   #2  

SLAVIKA

You are so funny.
Cute too.
Dee
Old 01-23-2001, 02:21 AM   #3  
donna p

Hi all. I had a good weekend and stayed OP the whole time.
Dee you must look after yourself. Take care.
Lily save your pennies and anyone else too and come on up here and we'll cruise to alaska together. One thing I noticed was that alot of 'groups' were sailing and it makes for alot more fun. We all did our own thing mostly during the day except if we all wanted to do the same thing and met up for dinner. Whenever you went to hot tub there was usually someone you know in the tub or walking by. It really was great. I intend to be alot slimmer tho' on my next trip. Again tho' there were all sizes and ages on the boat. I thought I would feel very embarrased but not so. People were there to enjoy themselves. We have a beautiful sunny and cool day. It was frosty this morning but all melted now. these are the kind of days that fool you into thinking Spring is just around the corner. I want so badly to go out and work in the garden but every year I start too early and end un losing alot of stuff so I am trying to be patient this year. I have been walking on the treadmill everyday and last night we went for a walk along the river before meeting the kids for dinner. It was my new DIL birthday and we went for Scheuswan. It was yummy but I counted it and stayed OP. Today I have to babysit as all the kids are off to the Elton John concert. Jordan is getting so cute now as she responds to us. Everytime I pretend to sneeze it cracks her up for some reason.
Have a great OP day all......donna

Old 01-23-2001, 03:22 AM   #4  

Well today is a new day - back in the groove after a very bad weekend. At least it is sunny and was able to go out for a walk. Your cottage cheese sounds good Geri. I think I will have to make it tomorrow. My friend brought over a wreath I have to make for her kitchen. That will keep my hands away from my mouth for awhile. I am going to the mall tonite to walk with some friends.
Old 01-23-2001, 03:43 AM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Geri - Ah, I know the feeling well! I think with these "legal" gains, you just have to realize how much your body weight fluctuates from day to day. It is just fluid retention and will come off. The way to look at it realistically is how much you have lost in the last 4 weeks. Week to week can be a real bummer.

Donna - Your trip just sounded wonderful! Now back to the "real world" huh? You sound refreshed and rejuvenated, though.

Dee - This too shall pass. Things will get better. But I am so happy to hear that your DH is staying home with you. Is your daughter getting therapy in the hospital? Maybe she has formed an attachment with her therapist. It isn't easy to get out of our little safe "ruts" is it, even for us. Personally, I want to decorate my rut, hang pictures, etc. So I understand your dd.

Slavika - I made the best cheesecake over the weekend, but don't know how to do the points. When I figure that out, I will post the receipe. By the way, the snake sounds like another idea I want to save for my granddaughter.

I had my two grandsons over the weekend. I don't get enough of them because my son only has them 4 days a month. They get to see each other only 4 days a month. I had them while Joel studied for the bar exam. We had so much fun, but I did nothing over the weekend, like laundry. But it was worth it! I envy you who babysit your babies. I know you get tired, but it would be so much better than these "catch as catch can" visits.
Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-23-2001, 04:46 AM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Marsha: Good for you get back on plan!

Donna: Jordan sounds cute! Must be getting big by now. I want spring to come to. Im sick of the cold, tho it is warming up here a little now.

Slavika: Send excitement my way to! I could use some!

Glenda: Sounds like you had a fun weekend with your grandsons.
Love Cheesecake! Cant wait to see the recipe!

Painter: What kind of wreath? Sould keep you busy. Have fun on the walk!
Old 01-23-2001, 04:53 AM   #7  

Glenda glad you had time with your grandsons. The laundry won't go anywhere---I promise----it will be there when you get back to it It was much more important to spend time with the kids. I do enjoy keeping that baby. She is so cute now. And because I am at her house and am not cleaning it (I told her mother that I would watch her baby but would not clean her house)I have lots of time to play with her. I am enjoying her more than I did my own.

I think I figured out part of my weight gain problem. I took a "stupid" pill last week. I bought a big jar of those thick pretzel sticks at Costco and misfigured the points. I figured a serving at 1 points and it is actually 2. And Friday night I ate 3 servings for 6 points rather than the 3 I recorded. The 3 points wasn't the issue, but all that salt was. At least that is what I am telling myself. I am having to keep myself off the scales this week. It will be hard to do, but I don't want to be disappointed. I thought I better wait for my regular day, because if that weight doesn't come off fast, it will disappoint me. Right now I am too vulnerable to risk being disappointed again on the scale.

Margot, congrats on the "big britches". Doesn't it feel good. At the rate you are going, it won't be long before a 14 is big. If you don't mind tell me, what size were you when you started?

Dee, So glad that your DD will be home soon. That has got to be hard to see your child suffering so. So glad your DH is getting to stay home. You need each other now.

I am not sure if it is Painter or Marsha, but whichever one it is, post the recipe and we will help you figure the points. Karen is very good about that.

21 days OP

Old 01-23-2001, 08:05 AM   #8  

Evening Ladies

Glendaplease post your cheesecake recipe if no one else gets to it I will figure the points on mastercook tomorrow when I get in from school, I do love cheesecake. The snake that Slavika made (I think it the same one) is in Woman's World issue Jan. 23 2001, I saw it this past week want to make one for my grandson too.

Geri You are doing so good on staying on op I do good for 3 or 4 day then back slide but will keep after it untill i get it right

everyone have a good day tommorw I hope to do a lot better than I have the last 3 days
boy when I back slide do I ever oh well its time to get up dust my self off and start all over

night all
Lela

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-23-2001, 10:17 AM   #9  

!@#!@#!@#%^***!!

Did you guys hear that noise. Thats the sound of my computer crashing. I'll come back later when i get it totally set up again. E-mail and evrything.

Lily don't go to far away. PLEASE http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif
Old 01-23-2001, 10:44 AM   #10  
Net browser

HI Everybody Ok, are you ready for my BIG EXCITING day. Yeh right. LOL
I decided to make Trudy's "Cranbery Raisin Bread" today. I got all the ingredients measured and into the baking pan and turned the bread maker on, programed it.....and there laying on my kitchen counter was the mixing paddle that fits into the baking pan. GRRRR.
Well that "lot" went into the garbage and I started all over again. The good thing was the bread turned out really nice....the bad thing was I ate too much of it.
Donna good for you for staying OP. I find weekends the hardest. Painter it's a good thing that there is always a tomorrow and we get a chance to start fresh again. Glenda I think we have to have that Cheesecake recipe. I had both of the grandchildren over for about an hour today before their Daddy picked them up. I had a couple of sets of chopsticks which I gave to them with a bowl of mini marshmallows. You guys with young grandchildren must try that. I used eyeliner pencil to make the "Princess" look like a lovely little Chinese girl. They said that was the best after school treat they ever had. LOL ALAS LILY there was not much excitement to share. Geri the results will be much better next time at the scales, and Margot congrats on the baggy 18's. Gosh that was a happy time for me when people would say I think you need to buy smaller pants, when for years it seemed everytime you went shopping you had to buy bigger sizes. Lela yes, that's the magazine the "snake craft" was in.
Trudy see you tomorrow at WW and then for Tea Time, Dee will I see you too? night all. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//sleep.gif

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 01-22-2001).]
Old 01-23-2001, 11:13 AM   #11  

man what a night!
Boy did I fill Slavika's ear.
I am all wound up.
You wanted excitement. I got excitement!
Went to the hospital tonight to visit DD.Well let me tell you there was a kid that lit a kitchen fire with toilet paper on the stove elements laughing all the time. Then a little while later he went and choked one of the kids and wouldn't let go. Laughing all the time.... The nurses didn't catch that. A kid had to stop him. Lock-up in the quiet room for him.
Oh yeah did I tell you that when we first got there the nurses said that we could find dd in her room. Well she wasn't there. We all started to look for her... She was no where to be found on the lock up ward. Her nurse and I went back to look in her room and she was in a tiny cabinet. Crying She wouldn't come out. Man... After a while she told me she was in trouble for touching the other kids. Just by patting them and listening to them and too much eye contact. They acused her of resting her head on one guys shoulder. They have a camera that picked it up except it only looked that way. She was actually looking at the guy. You would need to know her. She doesn't like guys. She isn't into dating. She said to the nurses that she is a virgin and what did they think that she was going to f--- the guy. Oh she was mad. Which is something she seldom gets. They locked the guy up in the rubber room. Now they only have 2 rooms like that and the guy that started the fire was in the other. They were going to put dd in the other one if one was available.I guess her turn is coming. She is not very forgiving at this point! Gee I am sure more happenned but I can't remember except the whole time dh kept saying lets go home now. He doesn't like confrontation. What a night. I could have done with out the excitement.

Dee

Old 01-23-2001, 09:40 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Geri: That salt will do it every time! Good that you found out what it was!

Karen: Oh no! Computers can be such a pain. Hope you get it up and running! Email me if you need something.

Slavika: Cranberry bread, sound yummy! Least you got a new batch made. Bad you ate to much. Did you save some for Tea time?

Dee: Oh man that doesnt sound good at all. Does you DD get to come home? You said she might soon. Is this going to hurt her chances. Sure hope not. Hang in there. And keep us posted.

Glenda: I also have MasterCook and can figure out the points if Lela doesnt have time so post the recipe!
Old 01-23-2001, 09:44 PM   #13  
Fun Blonde

Dee - Don't know what to say, but it certainly seems you had way too much excitement for you last night.

None of us really know your situation, but this place sounds like your dd is out of place. ???? The one that was starting the fire sounds extremely disturbed. And put in a padded room for talking to kids?

Just so very glad your DH was there with you. Teenage years! Would any of us want to be back there again? I think not. My advice is to just love her and believe in her.

Geri, Lily, Slavika (thanks for another idea), Lela, etc. - Always glad to hear from you. Glenda
Old 01-24-2001, 01:16 AM   #14  

Dee it sounds like you had quite a nite. Give your dd a big hug. I had my drivers license renewed today - I sure hope I don't really look like that picture. Cranberry bread sounds good. And so does that cheesecake. Lost one the 3 pounds that I gained over the past week. Must be all that walking. Bye for now.
Old 01-24-2001, 01:55 AM   #15  

I thought I would drop in and let you all know that I have settled down a bit.
What a night! I have a discharge meeting with the dr tomorrow at 1:00. We will see if we can take the little dolly home. She really doesn't want to come home considering that she doesn't like it there! Honest we aren't that bad of parents.
Well I didn't go to the ww. meeting. But I won't miss tea with Trudy and Slavika. I think that I need their company. I haven't been to tea with them since before christmas. I really do enjoy our tea time. We have so many laughs. Good medicine.

Have a good day everyone.

DEE
Closed Thread