Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Smile W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 10!

WELCOME TO WEEK 10!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

OMG I hate the heat! Today was hellish. I had the bright idea of cutting through a new subdivision to get to my second bus since my first bus doesn't run on Sundays. Well, this subdivision apparantly doesn't go all the way through, this I did not know and I ended up walking around and around, up and down hills, slowly dying. I swear I started hallucinating, I thought I saw my mama's car! It was about 100 degrees today! I was sweating buckets and I had to stop because I thought I was going to faint. Finally, I called Mrs.Allison and thank god she was home and she came and got me. I felt sick for the rest of the day and I still have a bad headache. In all, I spent over an hour walking around in the heat.

On a happier note, I just saw a commercial for my baby Gerard's new movie 'The Ugly Truth'. *sigh* He's such a sexy beast.

P.S. Lonesome Dove is one of the best movies of all time.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, I have been MIA, sorry Grazer!

This is a rough time of year for me, esp this year. YS is graduating high school (today is his last day of classes!) The ceremony is the 26th, party the 27th. Pray for a wonderful weekend for him, both ceremony and party wise, also no rain!! I am struggling big time, think it is stress, can't sleep, eating like crap etc.

Thinking of going tonight to a hypnotist seminar I saw advertized, thought about it once before but hate to go alone and hate to ask someone to go with me...we'll see.

I did make it out the door this am and got my run in, so that's good.

W 100
E keep at it
E Clean
D Deep breath, why does this all freak me out so?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Shari, I would have freaked out! I am glad you got someone to pick you up. I hope you have been drinking a lot of water to make up for the dehydration.

MM~I hope the weather holds out. Take care of yourself, breath.

Still didn't make it to the class, but I will be heading to the gym soon. Yesterday I wore myself out! After my run and swimming (which I will count as a workout, I chased Mak around the pool for over a half hour shes had a great time swimming.) We ended up working on cleaning up our back room. We use it as a storage/laundry room. Most of the stuff is big stuff that needs to be be thrown out.

Anyhow weed was mostly good a little over on cals but good.

Today?

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes/ I want to switch it up a bit. I will probably run for 30 then use the row machine and bike.
E 1200 cals
D more clean up/ walk to pick Makenna up
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #5  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Goooooood Monday morning girls!!! Hope you all had a nice weekend. We took the kids mini golfing yesterday, that was fun. Rachel is big enough now to do it herself and both kids had a blast.

I weighed 264 this morning! Not too shabby. I thought about being angry all the time, since I've already done the 260s, a couple of times in fact. But if I waste that kind of energy, I might as well be working at losing it. I just have to change my mindset. ONE WEEK POP POP POP!!! Maybe it'll stick this time.

Shari, wow, you could have really gotten sick out there! Jeni said it best, drink TONS of water, for the dehydration, and it'll make the headache go away. (think hangover, headache = dehydrated, water up and feel better, same thing) I hate to say it, lol, but at least you got a workout doing it. Even if that wasn't the intention. I can't believe the heat out there! At least it isn't that hot here. Good luck on the job hunt!

Jeni! xoxox Sounds like everyone is healthy over there! Swimming with the kids is so fun, I was supposed to go today but can't because I have to go see a lawyer today at 2. But we have all week besides that I guess. Sounds like you are getting back in the exercise routine, running and all that, GOOD FOR YOU!

MM congrats on the graduation!!!! I'm sure you're busy planning parties and the like. Its fun and stressful all at the same time. I can't even imagine GRADUATION parties yet! (Of course, mine are only 9 and 5) Oh and the hypnosis thing, DO IT! I know whatcha mean about not wanting to go alone AND not want to ask someone to go with you. I'd love to know what kind of success that has. I think it costs about $50. If it even just got me on an even keel or a set mindset it would be worth it for me.

Kris, I meant to say last week that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your rewards idea and the envelopes. I am so stealing that one What kinds of prizes did you put in your envelopes? I'm thinking bath and body works set for say, 250; manicure? for 225. massage for 199. stuff like that? Or are we talking jewelry!? Hey have you been gambling? I haven't but I think I can manage a trip sometime soon, it's been since April 25th (I only remember the date bc it was the bowling banquet/DH bday we went down). BTW I love reading your blog, I've been keeping up with it.

Mindy, did I say AWESOME job on your 5k time?! I am just in awe of you! Someone I knew once told me if the running itself didn't get me hooked, wait til I run in a race, or win a prize, I'd love it. I'm totally jealous!! Whatta gal. How did your girlfriend do in the race? Glad the weather held out. ox

Grazer I know what you mean needing more ME time. I wonder if you could just schedule yourself. Like tell your husband, Hey, I'm going to the gym (or insert activity here) Wednesday at 5pm, can you come home and be with the kids? I'll even have dinner waiting! Let him know WHEN and WHERE and FOR HOW LONG. Men need to think in certain terms, if I tell my husband I need more me time, vaguely, he'll be like, yeah sure, just let me know...blah blah blah. But it never happens. I bet he wouldn't have a problem with it if he knew exactly when and what was expected of him.

Lumi I was happy to see you at the tail end of last week! Hope you're doing well. Did I catch that you re-joined your gym?

Suz, how did the audition go? I didn't catch what you were auditioning for, but I hope you get it! Let us know what's going on! Hope you pop in soon, I am needing your sage wisdom baby! You always have the best most motivating things to say! Oh and I LOVE the motivation scale of 1-10. I'd say today would be a 7 or 8. Would be better if I got some exercise in there.

Amy, hope you are well I'm sure the house feels empty without your Captain. I know it's early and this is probably terrible advice, but have you considered getting a new puppy? I mean when you're ready, not as a replacement. Sounds like the hubby is being supportive, I'm glad if he is there for you. How is the MK business going? Is it getting off the ground? These things can really take off, I've seen really busy reps out there. I love those stories you hear about people taking these businesses and paying off all their bills and earning exotic trips, etc. I know you're miserable in your day job. Hang in there baby girl. xo

JayaGODDESS, (I love that nickname, aren't we ALL goddesses?!) hope you're still sticking around. xo

Gosh, I hope I didn't miss anyone. I usually forget at least someone. No offense! xoxooxoxo

Ah yes, and starting the IMPACT program today. I go tonight 6-9. Mondays are some kind of education day. A speaker/lecturer where we just go to listen. About the science/anatomy of addiction. I'm hoping to apply my treatment ideas to all aspects of my life; weight loss especially, but also just in becoming a happier, less angry person. I know too that in Overeaters Anonymous there are the same 12 steps that are in AA/NA. Plus getting in touch with my Higher Power is really improving my outlook on life in general. Are any of you particularly religious? or go to church? I've been away from my Catholic upbringing since high school but I'm reconnecting now, and in a different way actually. I think I grew up believing God was vengeful, the whole **** thing, and guilt/shame, etc. but my understanding of Him is so different now. So I don't know where I'd fall on the religion spectrum but I am definitely getting in touch with my spiritual side and I think that's a great tool in ALL aspects of my life.

Enough rambling for now. Let's get going on WEEK TEN! xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Whew Michelle reading your post was a workout! Yep, I am back into my workout routine. I just need to get to the gym. Is Rachel in Kindergarten yet (or finishing it up?). I am freaking out I cant believe that Makenna is already finishing Kindergarten. Tommy wont start K for a couple of years since he is an october baby but I am still freaking!.

Well My workout wasn't exactly as I planned, but sort of. The treadmills were full so I got on the bike first thing for 30 minutes, the the row machine (BORING!) for 10 then the summit climber for 20. I was nice and sweaty when I was done OK onward to the rest of my day. Cleaning!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #7  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nice to see so many of you here on a Monday. Let me start with my self bragging rights. First thing this morning scale said 196. A little later, 195.6. I about crapped myself. It has been a long time coming.

Then, the other night when we went out, I realized my size 14 jeans were kind of loose. Went out today to try 12's. THEY FIT!!! OMG!!! Can I just tell you I am over the moon today and riding high. I'm sure it will go up again, but I am certainly enjoying the success today.

Michelle- I love your posts. You are so thorough. Good luck with the new program. I hope you get things from it.

Shari- Take it easy in that heat girl.

MM- Ah, yes. I remember those days. Have fun and savor this time. It all goes by so quickly.

Jeni- Keep working it. You are my goal inspiration.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies.

Mindy, HURRAY for size 12s!!!!! That is totally the greatest feeling in the world isn't it!

Workday today so workday weed is going to hit! The scale is bumming me out the last couple of days, it keeps going from 150 to 154, but I am going to ignore it right now. I just have to keep up my workouts and eating right. I walked to get Mak yesterday after school. its 4 miles round trip. the way there was quick, Tommy fell asleep so I just listened to my tunes and got there. Back was slower because mak was in and out of the stroller.

W 64
E not much because its a workday. I will try to do abs and strength after work.
E1200 cals
D get in something after work
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #9  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls! Little Miss Suzy-Come-Lately checking in!! Motivation is at an 8 today, feeling pretty good!

I'm completely swamped at work, hence this short "drive-by" update, but I wanted to check in so nobody would think I'd vanished or anything.

Michelle - thank you for asking -I did NOT get the part I auditioned for (it was down to between me and one other girl), BUT I'm still cast in the show in the dancing chorus, which means... more exercise! Wooo! I know there's at least two big tap numbers in there, in addition to some other stuff... so I didn't get my part, but at least I'll get some fun exercise out of it. (Dancing never seems like exercise to me, which is why I love it!) I signed a confidentiality agreement and so I can't tell you the name of the show yet - or even the author! - because of union rules (the show's still touring), but I can tell you that it's a Tony-award-winning musical that came out a few years ago... it's based on a movie that came out in the late 1960's about two Broadway producers that hatch a get-rich-quick scheme by raising a bunch of money and producing a Broadway flop. Hopefully that gives you a hint!

OK - I have to split - I'll try to get to personals later, I've missed you!

W: 62 oz
E: 1300 calories
E: Already done! Started C25k Week 2 today, and did weight training (upper body)
D: Focus, focus, focus...
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls!

Popping in to say Happy Tuesday, even though the scale is not agreeing.

Will be back for personals later! Gonna have a good day.

Kris
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning darlins!!! xoxoxo

Still doin great. Yesterday was weird though. I KNOW, just know, I was way under for calories, but I WAS NOT HUNGRY. Weird, right?! I think if you just eat the right things, you can control the urge to eat a lot, or a lot of crap. I especially like my breakfast these days, EggBeaters with onions/peppers and a smidge of cheese (sometimes salsa) and a chicken sausage (Buffalo flavored is pretty yummy!) and a fruit of some kind. It might end up on the high end of calories but huge in protein and literally keeps my mind off food for EVER. So then I went to my program last night 6-9, had a bag of pretzels at the break, which I wasn't really hungry for but snacky, then came home and had a bowl of Fiber One and a peach. (oh and mid-day, I took the kids for ice cream, had a small swirl soft serve and a coney with onions.) Today I'll try to eat more conventionally. In fact, it's getting late for breakfast now but I'll go make something in a minute.

Still not exercising but oh well for now. It's so beautiful out there now! I should be walking in the evenings. We'll see. As long as I can keep the eating under control I should be okay.

Hmmmm, kids seem to need me, BRB. xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Just catching up on posts so far. I was out of town for work and didn't get to check in. I ate pretty good considering I was on the road and even snuck a brisk walk in last night. TOM is starting so I'm feeling yucky but not bingey, yet.

MM- Can't imagine the kids in school let alone graduating from school. Great job on getting the exercise in!

JCat- Great attitude about the scales!

Shout out to everyone else!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

I'm so exhausted! I guess I didn't sleep as well as I thought I did. I ate rght on target today! I am going to get up early tomorrow for a workout just incase the kids are sick, then If they are up to it I may go back for a swim. I have some great plans, I hope I keep them. I am about to fall asleep so I will post more in the morning.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #14  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

OMG!!! The scale said 195.2 today. I would love to think it will stay, but we all know how my body works. i can keep my fingers crossed.

Jeni- Been there, done that. Hang in there.

Rowdy- Had to laugh about your musical "hints". Pretty sure I've got it. Is this for a professioanl theatre in your area??

Nix- HI!!

Michelle- I have had that problem since Sat. night. Went out and got drunk for my birthday. Haven't felt like eating since. The weight has dropped like a rock. HMM???!!!

grazer- hold on tight. you will weather the storm.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #15  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...i didn't forget about you ladies. i've missed being in on the conversation, but i've been catching up on the last weeks (and weeks) and i love your motivation scale. in my case i think it's more of a yo yo...i've been working 11 hour days for the last 5 weeks and getting online just hasn't been happening. somehow i managed a reasonable amount of exercise in there...reasonable food too. somehow though...NOTHING HAPPENS...hmm. i've been bouncing around 158-160...stupid.

new frame of mind

i'm done with the over time (as of yesterday) and back to my regular schedule of mornings off, teaching lessons in the afternoons. this also means lots more time for exercise and being outside in general. nothing better for lifting spirits than sunshine.

hope to catch up more with all of you--just wanted to jump in and say hi, here i am, still trucking along.

nix--thanks again for the shout outs hopefully i'm back to being here everyday again.

e.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote