Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #1  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Thumbs up My latest water sprucer upper!

Now that summer is here, I had a great idea after drinking umpteen bottles of plain water which can get monotonous! Yanno, sometimes I want a lil flavor in my water, and being I swore off all artificial sweeteners over a year ago, this idea is a mighty tasty one!

I just drop in a peach flavored tea bag right into my ice cold water bottle and shake it up, yum! It is also great with a raspberry tea bag too or any flavor tea for that matter, just a subtle taste of goodness. Yes, just an ordinary tea bag, oh my goodness why didn't I think of this years ago? Cheap too! I am packing tea bags in a lil ziploc bag for my glove compartment box of my sports car for when I road trip this summer, I will have a lil flavor to toss into my bottled water when I purchase it at gas stations.

I thought I would share my great idea with anybody else who doesn't do the artificial sweetener thing! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do I love drinking hot tea and now I continue to drink it cold too, woo hoo for tea! I just don't enjoy the tea pee though!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #2  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

I do that with a bunch of different herbal teas and also I use fresh mints and such.
Something else that is good is to take pieces of fresh fruit and freeze them in the bottom of my water bottle or into ice cubes. Later on I add the water and as the ice melts I get really great tasting water.
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #3  
Meg

Great ideas!

The spa where I work has pitchers and carafes of ice water placed around for people to help themselves. We slice lemons and cucumbers into the water for flavor. Lemons are pretty typical but the cukes give it such a refreshing flavor! I've started doing it with a pitcher of water here at home now.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 AM   #4  
~jus' being me~

What great ideas!!! Love the idea of cucs. I make "spa water" (I call it that to sexy it up) with slices of lemon and orange and fresh mint torn and tossed in.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote