Old 06-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default The scale went up! :O

How frustrating!! I've been counting calories again for a few weeks and I just went and bought a scale for $7.00 at Target last week, not digital. I weighed myself this morning after working my butt off at the gym all week, counting calories and sick with the flu yesterday and I still managed to gain 2 pounds this week
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

That happened to me this week too. I have been super good and working out every day and I gain 2 pounds. I was so frustrated. But my lovely hubby made me feel good so that I wouldn't just give up.
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #3  

That happens to me too, but a lot of time it has to do with my cycle, I always gain a couple of lbs right before my period.
StephK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #4  
Tammy

S/C/G: 211/209/145

Height: 5'4"

Keep going, Dawn; our bodies are so complex, we'll never figure 'em out! Just keep trying and you will be losing again!

Have faith! You're doing the right things!
ladyviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Don't let it frustrate you. You are in this for the long haul. Yep...it's nice to see a loss every week, but it may not always happen. I've had a gain the past 2 weeks and it's certainly driving me a little nuts, but I know I can't let it get to me. I've come too far to let a couple weeks derail me. Just keep on keeping on!!!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #6  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

It could be too much salt lately, muscles retaining water to repair after exercise, the planetary alignment, or a bandicoot farting in Northern Australia for all we know. Seriously, just make sure you are measuring and counting calories properly and move as much as possible and your body will sort itself.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Does your old scale say the same thing as your new scale? Did you weigh before on an old scale, and then weigh this week on your new scale?

Different scales can sometimes be off by that much.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #8  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMNewman View Post
How frustrating!! I've been counting calories again for a few weeks and I just went and bought a scale for $7.00 at Target last week, not digital. I weighed myself this morning after working my butt off at the gym all week, counting calories and sick with the flu yesterday and I still managed to gain 2 pounds this week
Are you comparing what the old scale said to what the new one says? If so, you still lost the same amount of weight it's just that you are not at the weight you thought. Weighing yourself on 5 different scales will probably yield 5 different weights. I truly don't believe that there is an accurate scale out there. That is why I hate getting weighed at my doctors office....family or gyno, or even getting on the scale at the gym.... they are ALWAYS different then what my scale says. Here's a great example...when I was doing LAWL, just for s*@ts and giggles, I got dressed and weighed myself at home. I did not eat anything or drink anything, I went directly to LAWL and got on their scale. I weighed 3 lbs more then what I weighed at home. Now LAWL was only about 10 minutes from my house so unless the air that I breathed (between those weighings) weighed 3 lbs, then someone's scale is wrong. I go by my scale ALWAYS.

So don't fret....you probably didn't gain.Pick one scale and only one scale.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Dawn -- I find that whenever I work out at the gym enough to cause sore muscles, I always gain weight initially. Always.

It really upset me at first when I started exercising at the gym in March because I didn't understand what was going on. But now I do and -- believe me -- it will whoosh away at some point. And it whooshes away 2-3 lbs overnight when it happens which is really a fabulous thing. Stick to your plan and don't worry
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote