Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/170/130

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Stuck...

I'm so frusterated right now! I have a gym membership, and go almost every day. I do weight training, toning classes, and cardio. I eat super healthy, but nothing is happening...Could I be doing something wrong? I'm just stuck. It seems like I'll never lose weight. Any tips?
ash484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Are you tracking what you eat in some way, like counting calories or Weight Watchers points? It's possible to overeat on "super healthy" foods just like everything else.

The main key to weight loss is food restriction, but you have to know quantities. Guessing doesn't work.

On the other hand, you might be undereating, and that will slow down weight loss also. Again, you have to track in some way.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-10-2009 at 10:52 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

How much of the super healthy food are you eating? The key to weight loss is getting a grip on your diet, in terms of quality AND quality. It accounts for 80% of how you look. The exercise is great for overall health and fitness, but the key is sorting out your diet.

There are alot of structured plans out there, and calorie counting has worked for alot of people on this thread. The Daily Plate and Fitday are often cited as being really, really good.

So, IMHO, the key for you is to take a hard, hard look at how much of what you are eating, log it in, and go from there...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey! I was doing what you are doing - working out a lot and eating well, and not seeing any results. I started counting calories and have lost 7.5 pounds in two weeks. Good luck!
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

ditto to cincimom - I was eating really well and working out and what happened?! NOTHING! It was awful! I totally feel your pain!

Count your calories, lady, you will be thrilled with how much you can achieve with that. Just changing that one thing has been making the weight come off like nobody's business.

But also, if your muscles are really sore, it could very possibly be water retention.

Don't give up!
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/170/130

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Thanks so much everyone! That exactly what I'm starting to do now. I got a cute little diet log from Barnes and Noble, and have been writing every day in it. I'm also starting the green tea hp drink hoping it can clean out my system a little bit and help some of my joint pains (it supposedley has a bunch of antioxidents in it) Any ways thanks again I'll keep in touch on how everything goes...I really appreciate it!
ash484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Awesome! Let us know how you do!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote