Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #1  
Fat with a P H

S/C/G: 220/200/160

Height: 5'9

Default I need help to re-motivate myself!!

Hey everybody
I'm new to this site, I decided to join because I seen how much support one can get from here and I think that is awesome! just what I need..

Ok so I'm 23 yrs old, from Vancouver, Canada but currently living in Mexico..
I started my weight loss journey March 16, 09 and lost 20 pounds in a month!..I was very dedicated, my diet was flawless and I exercised 6 times a week..My mind was clear, my goals were set and I was pumped up to get to my goal..BUT THEN...my bf came back from the US after a month ..after seeing that i had lost 20 pounds, he told me how great i looked and how proud of me he was...my plan is to keep going with my weight loss but it seems that whenever I'm with my boyfriend I feel too comfortable around him so I start to eat out more often, exercise less and smoke more pot than usual!..smoking pot is a terrible habit to have, especially while dieting!..it makes me eat way more and it doesn't let me think as clear as i would do sober..so I made the choice to quit the habit as of today and continue with my goal! It's very important for me to do this..all my life I been unhappy with my appearance..and I really want to know what it feels like to love my body. Also, I'm going back home to Canada in July to baptize my niece and I really want to go back in shape and feeling great so I can enjoy my visit and go out with ol friends, take pictures, go shopping..things I wouldn't usually enjoy being overweight .I just need some motivation, someone to talk to..someone who's going through the same thing as me because no one around me in real life is dealing with weight loss or even cares about my journey ..so PLEASE talk to me!! LOL
thanks for reading my post
Phatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Phatty.

Welcome to 3FC! You've definitely come to a great place to find support! You may want to go check out the forums for the 20-year-old crowd... Your first post was in the 40-year-olds forum! We can definitely give you advice and cheer you on, but you may also want to seek support from people closer to your age who may be going through the same issues...

Re: the pot smoking - you've definitely got to quit. Besides the health issues, the munchies that you made note of can't be good for trying to lose weight!

Also, you may want to think about how you are going to maintain your momentum over the next 40lbs you want to lose. Losing 20lbs in a month is an incredible rate of loss and doubtfully something you can repeat for the next 2 months. Losing 5 - 8 lbs a month is more realistic, maybe 10 lbs if you are really pushing it.

Anyway, welcome again! Poke around the forums; there is a ton of great information and support.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #3  
Fat with a P H

Thank you so much for your reply!

LOL--oops..I thought the thread was for ppl trying to lose 40 LBS ...
i'll definitely check out the other threads...

and yes 20 pounds was a big loss for only a month..my intentions were to lose about 8-10..to do it slowly but, I lost more and I cant complain lol..

thanks again for your response!

ps--how do I get those little cartoon charts to record my weightloss?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

To get your tickers, you need to have been a member for 20 days (I think) and have posted 20 times. So, stick around; you'll be there before you know it!

Glad to hear you don't think the 20lbs in a month is typical... Good luck!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

One way I motivate myself because I have such a long road ahead of me and I am impatient is I try to take it one day at a time. I set a goal for each day which is to eat properly and 5 times a day. I'm eating whole foods and keeping to a certain calorie count and eliminating simple carbs except once a week. And I do 30-45 min of cardio 5x week and 2 days a week weight training.

Small goals are doable and keep me motivared. If I start to look at all the weight I have to lose I get discouraged.

oh--and give up the Pot. Have healthier forms of fun.
cheekiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #6  
Fat with a P H

Thank you for repsonding..

I think setting small goals are the best way to do it..
like you, I get discouraged by thinking about how much more I want to lose..
these last 2 days have been great though..I been following my plan perfectly ..i think coming on here daily will have a huge impact on my motivation because so many people on here are in the same positions as I ..

as for the pot, I have NOT kept my word and quit since my first post on here..I only smoke at nights when i know i wont go downstairs for the night...so it hasnt got in the way again but I dont want it to in the future..so i definitely need to find out other ways of "relaxing"