Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Red face Start again....again

Right if any of you have read my other threads you'll probably realize i've been a mess the last 3 weeks or so and have actually gained 3 or 4 pounds that i had previously lost so now i'm starting again. I'm realizing that my eight loss is slower than i wanted it to be but that is how it is and every time i don't loose or i perhaps gain i can't go manic for a month. I'm getting back on and setting new more attainable goals e.t.c and joining kick boxing and continuing running. My new short term goal is to be between 150lbs and 157lbs by October 3rd and then continue on from there. I need to gain back the control i have lost and eat 3 healthy meals a day, instead of binge/starve which i developed before. And i have to realize food is not an enemy or a reward it's just a necessity as is exercise!! Any encouragement would be great because i am finding it hard to get back to it thank you as ever xx
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. I am a binger/emotional eater as well. I have been "starting tomorrow" for the last 10 years. I know I can do this (lose the weight) because I have done it before.

I just need to get my head right -- I cannot use the same methods for doing that as I did in High School or College because now I am a mom and stay at home. I have to find some other motivation. My health should be enough, right? But unfortunately it isn't. My husband even said he'd give me ANYTHING I want if I lose this weight but even that doesn't seem to be enough, otherwise the weight would be gone by now.

A day at a time, 3 meals a day. I am aiming for 1400 calories a day, and I find it easier to stay on track during the day. As the day goes on my willpower seems to fade. So saving up a good amount of those calories for evening works best for me.
mellyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

Heya I'm on my gap year currently and have the similar distraction thing going on!!!! Boredom seems to grab me and scream eat at every opportunity and then i binge and feel completely guilty and eat more arggghhh.

However yesterday was really good for me i ate well and walked and rode my bike and i've dropped a pound woooop so just have to stay on track today bcos i have to stay at home and do the food shopping!!!

Do u exercise at all? i sometimes find that stops me from eating only sometimes though lol!

I think your saving calories is a good idea i may try it!!!

Some people on here say that setting a date orientated goal is not a good idea what do you think about that??? i need advice sorry for burdening you just you seem to have a similar situation
thank you x
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote