Old 06-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/166/130

Default menu advice!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to WW. I joined 3 days ago and so far so good!

I'd like a little advice about my menu though from some of you WW ladies!

Today I ate the following! Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated!

Breakfast
WW bagel (2pts)
LF cream cheese (2pts)
half a banana (1)
Coffee with milk (1)

Snack
100 calorie bag of sunchips (2pts)

Lunch
Smart ones frozen meal (6pts)

Dinner
Smart ones frozen meal (5pts)
Thai soup (3 pts)
watermelon (1 pts)

Liquids: I drink water pretty much all day!
eastcoastgirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey!
If your goal is to stay within your WW points, I think you've got it.

But, if your goal is to maximize your healthy eating, you may want to rethink the processed, pre-packaged food and replace them with more whole grains, fruits and vegetables and home-made meals (to eliminate the salt and chemicals in your diet). Because I'm not seeing alot of grains, fruits, or veggies in your diet as listed!!!

But as a newbie, you are doing really great! You just may find that as your points decrease, your sense of "fullness" using pre-packaged meals just won't be there...but this is your weight loss journey, and you'll find that your food choices may naturally evolve...I know mine did!

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 06-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 306/286/150

Height: 5'3"

I notice for myself that when I eat the frozen dinners like lean cuisine or smart ones, that I get hungry a lot sooner than if I eat a big salad with some chicken, or a sandwich with some meat and lots of veggies. So, you might stay fuller, longer if you eat things you actually make.
kim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  

Thanks for your replies ladies!

I'm ok with using the frozen meals for now. My work schedule doesn't really leave me with much time for anything really and so I have to use frozen meals for the time being.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, as long as you are within your points and it works for you, it sounds like you are on a good path. And you'll probably modify/adjust as time goes on -- pretty much everyone does!!!
Keep up the good work!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

One question: When you say "coffee with milk", it is whole milk? A splash of milk or a cup?

Maybe the extra points that you are looking for in the other thread are there.

I agree about the frozen meals, too much sodium BUT if it works for you that's what really matters.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #7  

I probably put in about 3 tbsp of milk in my coffee. I have about 3 cups per day so I chalk it up to 1 point to be safe.

And, as for the sodium. I'm really at a bad point in my schedule right now. it's great that i'm so busy that I don't even have time to snack or eat much but on the otherhand i'm limited to eating convenience foods to get me through the day.

Part of the reason inflated to 176lbs is because of convenience eating. Unfortunately, the bills gotta get paid so I have to stick to my schedule.

I think i'm going to follow some of the ladies' advice and cook a whole bunch of stuff on the weekend so it's ready to go when I get home on weeknights!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Cooking on the weekends has helped me TONS. I am always looking for new creative ways to use veggies and low fat proteins. I do make a large batch of soup on Sundays and heat it for lunches through the week (cabbage, onion, carrot, celery, can diced tomato, green pepper, spices, chicken broth and barley) and I always cook enough at dinner to take leftovers.

Hey I can cook a 15 min meal! that is healthy and fast--move over rachel ray lol

good luck to you on our journey each of us I am sure have had to find the right balance that works.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #9  

I'm def going to try cooking this weekend. To be honest, I'm fed up of eating those Smart One's frozen meals. I'd rather eat a soup or something more fresh!

I've been looking through the recipe section of WW and there are some super interesting recipe's that look really tasting!

I can't wait!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/235/165

Height: 5'2

One trick I have learned is if you have to use a Smart Ones Meal, is to "bulk" it up with fresh items as well. I love the SteamFresh Veggies, steam some vegetables to add to the Smart ones and maybe 3 oz of Chicken, not only are you adding more fiber to your meal but it keeps you fuller longer. I also agree with the other members with adding more fruit to your day as well, it is just as easy to grab an apple etc. as the 100 calorie snack bags. I love the WW Sweet N Salty bars, but I find they don't keep me satisfied as long as fresh fruit. One other thing if your work schedule keeps you on your toes all week, I would suggest prepping foods on your day off, like grilling some chicken and rinsing and slicing and dicing veggies and put into containers in the fridge to just grab and heat up during the week. I find it helps me alot. Good Luck and welcome!
Sgt Ts Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #11  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Progreso makes some great 0 point soups (ww approved!) Healthy Choice has some good soups with the pop tops that are easy to heat up at work. I always got the veggie one and you are actually getting 2 servings of veggies in the bowl!

Some of the walmarts and other grocery stores have prepackaged salad meals now. They come with the lettuce, a protein source, toppings and dressing all in one neat little plastic bowl. There is one with walnuts and cranberries that is particularly yummy.

I agree that while processed foods may not be ideal, you have to do what works for you right now. If that means extra sodium, just be sure not to add sodium in other foods you eat.

Good luck, you're off to a great start!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #12  

I've been buying the Progresso 0 point soups and splitting the cans in 1/2 for a mid-day snack. I didn't think I would like them because I thought they would be too bland, but they are really good!! I do 1/2 can and either 1/2 cup of a fruit or veggie everyday. Not sure if that's good or not, but it seems to work for me and curbs my hunger.
determined09 is offline   Reply With Quote