Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Talking What is your exercise routine?

I just bought an eliptical machine. I looooove it. I can only do 25 minutes right now but I hope to be able to bump that up. I did it 3 days this week plus one of those days I also went on a pretty hard walk at lunch time (neighborhood that has hills). So I was just wondering what everyone else does?
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I do Wii and/or walk on the treadmill M,W,F

I have cardiovascular fitness class at college T,Th (treadmill, bikes, elliptical)

Saturday my husband and I do something fun together, go for a long walk, play Wii, play tennis in town, go swimming, and we are fixing our bikes this weekend, so that we can ride them again.

Sunday is my rest day, however there are still chores to be done, and swimming sometimes, as well as the occasional Wii for fun time.

Daily there are physical chores feeding the dogs, and starting next weekend feeding the goats and cleaning up animal areas. Then when we get our chickens there will be even more chores.

I pretty much consider anything I do that is physical a form of exercise, just walking out to the mailbox and back is over a quarter mile.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, I walk almost every morning for 30 to 45 minutes, weather permitting.

I go to the gym 5 days a week. I spend 30 to 40 minutes on one or more machines (treadmill, exercise bike, elliptical, rowing machine), and I spend another 20-30 minutes on weights, stretches, core exercises, etc., using different groups each day. I've been doing this for years now. I figured I have an hour and a half a day I can spend on exercise, so that's what I do.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Nothing. My doctor has told me not to work out at all. I did go for a mile walk on Tuesday, but felt very ill after. I have gone on the bike trail a few times (almost 5 miles) and honestly when I come home I feel like I have the flu really bad.

I wish I could work out, I know weight loss would be faster that way, and that it is so good for you, but for health reasons I just am not supposed to.
SarahMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:07 AM   #5  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

That must be so frustrating, Sarah! Is this just a temporary thing about not working out or hasn't your doctor told you? (Sorry if you've talked about this before ... I've only been back to 3FC for a few days.)

I mostly walk -- some days for an hour or more each direction, sometimes just the 15 minutes walk to/from work. I have a ton of dvds I know I should start adding in again but there's so much else on my plate right now it's more than a bit overwhelming. I'm hoping that once Sunday has passed (my little boy's 3rd birthday party) I can sit down and schedule out when to do what.
whoopseedaisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I have been trying some new things lately, so I don't know that routine is the word. I go for a short walk every morning- 20 min- and a longer one at night -40 min- most days bc of the dog. These are often slow ambles and not intense. I am on day nine of doing the thirty day shred daily. I do it in the morning. I was doing an hour a night on the elliptical but this last week I have been bad and only done it four times. This all may be too much for me since I was just wiped out all week, but it was my tom so that could be it too.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Karen, it is forever most likely. I have horrible scoliosis that has pushed all of my organs around, and my heart is being squished because of it. When I work out at all, even walking a normal speed for more than 1min, my heart rate goes up to around 200bpm and stays there.

A couple of years ago when I tried to lose weight I was working out on the eliptical 3 days a week and did weights at least 2 days a week. I did this for 4 months and my heart rate never got any better, even after losing 50lbs! I started getting extremely bad chest pains so I went to the doctor and had all kinds of tests run on my heart. My heart is perfectly healthy, just squished, so it can't take working out.

So unless I want to have a heart attack no working out for me. It just sucks because this weightloss is SO much slower since I am not allowed to work out.
SarahMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I run 4 days a week now..sometimes five..any day I don't run (and even on days I am running sometimes) I find a way to get activity into my day...washing windows, swimming, 30 DS, riding bikes with my kids, walking to the store, etc...

I really love finding ways to work activity and exertion into my daily routine..some may argue that it isn't the same as exercise..but in my book it feels natural and seems logical that this is the way our bodies were intended to work..

ETA: If you search posts by Lori259 she has posted a list of calories burned doing different activities...she has been very successful with her weightloss

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 06-06-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #9  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I do HIIT for about a half hour, power walk for a half hour and then lift weights for about 20 minutes. Sometimes, to switch it up, I do HIIT for a half hour and then pop in 30DS. Or I'll play DDR for an hour and do some weights. It depends on my mood
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 148/139/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing the C25K program on the treadmill MWF. Eventually I hope to move outside to run, but I'd like there to be less of me jiggling around for the whole neighborhood to see first.

On Tues/Thurs/Sat I do 30 Day Shred. Sunday is my free day but I usually end up either doing 30DS again or walking on the treadmill. A day without exercise officially feels weird to me, and I think that's a good sign!
StarCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #11  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

StarCarly,

lol, you weigh about what I do, and you are 5 inches taller than me. I don't have too much jiggling around, so I am sure you look fine
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Sarah, I really feel your pain. My dad's in a similar boat only in his case due to a number of heart conditions he has he's on really strong medication that literally prevents his heart from beating faster than it should. That means if he tries to do anything strenuous he literally can't get enough oxygen and circulation and gets lightheaded. No excercise and when a big storm came and knocked a tree over on the house I went out there and moved it for him.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #13  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Three or four times a week I do 40-60 mins of strength training. It varies depending on whether somthing hurts that day. Then 20 of stretches followed by a snack the 60 mins of stationary bike. I vary the resistance between 2-3 and ride at 15-23 mph. I do the 20-23 mph for 1-2 mins at a time to wind me. It's called doing windsprints and a dr. Told me it's the best way to really burn fat and increase endurance.

I try to ride the bike for 30-60 mins on off days when I can, but I am usually too busy.

Last edited by prinny; 06-06-2009 at 11:15 PM.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMorgan View Post
I wish I could work out, I know weight loss would be faster that way, and that it is so good for you, but for health reasons I just am not supposed to.
Would you be able to do something like oxisize? I don't know much about it. From what I heard I think it's just sitting and breathing. My sister-in-law did it to lose weight for her wedding. She really liked it.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #15  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
Would you be able to do something like oxisize? I don't know much about it. From what I heard I think it's just sitting and breathing. My sister-in-law did it to lose weight for her wedding. She really liked it.
I had totally forgotten about Oxycise! I used to do some volunteer work at a rehab hospital and they used the dvds with some of the patients with really good success. http://www.oxycise.com
whoopseedaisee is offline   Reply With Quote