Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #1  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Default New to Calorie Counting...

Hello guys. Currently I am on the Diet To GO plan and they send me food and I don't have to think about anything but eating only their food and it works out really well!

The problem is, it is a little expensive and we are getting ready to move into our first new home (yay!) and I don't think I can afford it anymore. I want to try calorie counting since that is basically what DTG is, I have an average of 1200 calories a day.

I want to find a couple things that are quick and easy or even already prepared that I can have as my staples each day. I don't mind having the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, at least while I am learning the ropes. Do you guys have some meals that you eat regularly that are good low calorie meals? And are there some prepackaged meals I can buy that will work? I don't always have much time, especially for lunch...
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I alway keep Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice frozen meals on hand for the days I am too busy to cook or haven't shopped.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #3  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

There are tons of prepared meals brands out there at your local grocery store. Be careful to watch for sodium in some of them (if that concerns you) but there are Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, Lean Pockets, and Lean Gourmet (by Budget Gourmet). Are the ones that I can think of for lunch and dinner type choices. Breakfast: Smart Ones, Jimmy Dean "Delightfuls". Desserts: Skinny Cow, No Pudge, Jello Sugar Free Snacks, Weight Watchers, Smart Ones.

There are some freezer bag meals that are lower in calories.

As far as must have products for me: Egg Beaters, Low calorie English muffins, turkey bacon, Laughing Cow Cheeses, No Sugar Added Fudgesicles, lean proteins,Low calorie breads (sara lee delightful), flavorful spices.

For recipes i like the hungry girl website. I made slider burgers from there last night and they were good and filling.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #4  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Thank! That is very helpful. Those frozen meals will be very fast and easy for me, I just wasn't sure if you guys used those and had success or what.. I will have to take some of those lsits to the grocery store!
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

At the stores I go to Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice as well as Smart Ones are often on sale. I usually buy mine during these times. Safeway has them on special sales quite often
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #6  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I eat everything I have listed there. When my husband as at work I hate cooking for just me for breakfast and lunch, i like microwave foods for ease. I love deserts so that's were smart ones and weight watchers frozen goodies come in for me.

I dont know what grocery stores you have but our Albertsons has a ton of their Lean Cuisines down to 1.99 as the regular price, healthy choice a few cents more. And as a great bonus our dollar tree with the freezer section has lately had the Smart Ones Chocolate Mousse Cups which is a great savings.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote