Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 08:45 PM   #1  

Default Thursday's Thread

Hey girls,

Ok, it's not even close to being Thursday yet - well, a few hours to go, but I am sure everyone else is out and about doing fun things and not at home at their computers! First of all, thanks for all the compliments on my pic! You are all going to give me a big head Of course, I posted the best looking one I could find....

So I went to the doctor's today and they took a blood test....and yes, I have mono!! I guess that explains a lot, but the kicker is - No Alcohol! Of course I have been out drinking and partying more this past month than anytime in the past year. I guess this means my trip to Key West won't involve sipping margaritas by the pool (well, maybe just one or two ).

So I am chaniging my plans and driving home tomorrow during the day - I sure don't want to be caught at night and becoming all tired all of a sudden. Lori and Lisa - I am from Holliston, tiny town near Natick. Lisa, re. your roommate - I guess it depends how close you are to her if you should say something or not. I know I go through phases where I think I can eat whatever I want and the weight won't come back on (like now). If she continues like she is, she'll start gaining and maybe realize that it's worth being limited to certain foods to be a certain size. I was going through a major desert phase, and my roommate (who I'm good friends with) was like, if you keep eating deserts all the time you're not going to be looking very diva when we go on the cruise. Which is totally true, so it kind of mde me realize I was wrecking my progress. Of course it didn't last long...

Ok, well I guess that's it for now, I'll probably check in when I get home from my drive!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:45 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Welcome Kittkatt!! We hope you come back often. And yes, you can defiantely eat to your max and still lose, especially your first week. I've eaten to my max many times (and over many times) and still lost... sometimes only a half pound.. but still.

Lexxy - I will come respond to you in a second. My boss just called me.

Lisa
Old 06-20-2002, 09:12 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Welcome to the new people who posted yesterday!

Well, even though I went a little bit over on Monday, it's been a great, OP week for me! Two weeks of staying OP makes me feel good. I realized this week that I haven't lost for about the last month and I feel like I've fallen behind schedule.

I don't feel much like working just yet. I've spent the whole week working my butt off and I think I can afford to kind of slack off for a little while this morning, at least while I eat my breakfast.

Fight with BF has been resolved. It was the worst one ever, I think, but all is OK now.

I packed a bag to go to the gym right after work. I haven't been going right after work because I'm always so hungry that I have to go home and eat dinner right away. Then, of course, I have to wait awhile to let dinner settle before I go work out. But, lately, I've found that it's harder for me to convince myself to go to the gym if I go home first, so I think I need to start going right after work. I brought a 2 Points bar to eat a little while before I go, so hopefully tonight will be a success. And, hopefully it'll be the start of me going a little more often.

Lexxy--That's too bad about the mono, I'm sorry to hear that. Of course, if you're not having alcohol, now you can use the points on ice cream or chocolate.

Lisa--Good Morning!!

I suppose I should get started before it's break time...

Bye!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:42 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning girls ! i hvent even descended yet to make breakkie but i'm hoping to have an op day at least untill i go out later with the girls and then god knos what
Jess Glad fight with bf is over!
Lexxy take it easy and dont over do anyting and when are u going to Key west?
MOrning Lisa

ok so last night nf and i had a loooong chat
his fam thinks i'm using him but he defended me and told me and then that he had done whatever b/c he loved me
arg
anyway bbl
Love
Kier
Old 06-20-2002, 09:49 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Lexxy - thanks for the advice... we are close, but at the same time, she's very moody... I think I'll let her realize things herself. I'm sure it will show up on the scale and she'll figure it out. I care about her and want to say something... but I don't want to intrude. Oh yeah, Holliston. I work in Hopkinton. Have you heard of Grandma's Guiltless Goodies in Natick? MMmmm. They carry these pastries for 2 points and cheesecake for 1 point. It's on 135 near a car dealer. I'm sorry you have mono - I hope you feel better.

Jess - I'm the EXACT same way when it comes to the gym. If I go home first, forget it. So I never go home. I go DIRECTLY to the gym from work... and I like you usually have a 2-points bar or a granola bar.

I swam today.... but I know I'm going to drink tonight. We're going on a cruise around the boston harbor with Boston area alumni. It should be a lot ot fun. I had a 4 point breakfast, I brought a 4-point lunch and a 2-point snack, and I'm having a 4-point dinner... so I should have 4-9 points for drinks... so 2-4 drinks. I still hate wasting points... but I definately want a few drinks.

Ladies... have a fab day!

Lisa
Old 06-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hello All!

Welcome Tonya and KittKatt. KittKatt - like Lisa, I've eaten my maximum points everyday of a week and had a loss. I wouldn't worry about it too much this first week.

Lexxy - get plenty of rest - Key West won't be nearly so much fun if you're exhausted. Glad to hear you've decided to drive during the day - it sounds weird - but I would have worried about you driving at night.

Jess - glad you and BF are back on track. You've done a great job being OP this week and I like your plan for getting to the gym. A snack, a work-out and then dinner - excellent idea!

Hey Angie - I've been thinking about you. Any luck on the job hunt?

Morning Lisa - any tales from the single side to share?

I've got two things I want to share today. First, just discovered yesterday at WI that I am only 1lb from the maximum weight for my height. I've decided to declare that as my ww goal since I've spent a month hovering at approx 2lbs above that. I'm going to try and lose a bit more as a personal goal and have updated my signature to reflect that.

Second thing - I'm searching for your opinions please. About 2 months ago, I met this guy. After 1 date, I realized that there wasn't any attraction on my part so I told him that I wasn't interested in anything other than friendship. He said he was OK with that but has hinted more than a few times that he'd like to go out again. In the meantime, I've been hanging out with him and his buddies and am extremely interested in his best friend (nice, interesting, and good looking). So is it permissible to hit on the best friend or should I just give it up as a lost cause?

Hmmm, the CEO's phone number just popped up on my spy phone. Gotta go.

Winter
Old 06-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Buongiorno!!

I'm back!! Italy was WONDERFUL. I had the time of my life and am so sad that I had to leave. I can definitely say that I ate enough pasta, pizza and gelati and drank enough wine to sink a small ship. Thankfully, it appears I only gained 3 pounds and I expect that to disappear as quickly as it came. I will write more after I get thru this huge mound of work on my desk, but I wanted to say hi!

I missed you guys!

Oh, and my date the night before I left was great! He even called me the day before I got back because he couldn't remember when I got home, so it was really nice to get home to a message from him. We are supposed to get together again this weekend.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:34 PM   #8  

Lisa-I am in NAtick all the time-where is this Grandma's place?????
Hi to everyone else-no time to post
More later-Lori
Old 06-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #9  

Hi all!!

Sorry I have been so sporatic in my postings....I was TOTALLY NOT OP at all last week and it showed up last night in my weigh in.... + 3.2 lbs!!! Well now I am determined to get back on track...
I ended up drinking a ton last weekend, which I dont usually do and I went out to eat almost everyday. But Im goign to totally cut out alcohol at least this week. I gain weight super fast but I can also drop it fast.....if I actually say OP!!!

JKar - You were in Italy?? I am SOOOO jealous!!! I went two years ago and I cried when I had to come back....where did you go? And you had a good date!! Wow!!!!

WinterGirl - How long have you known this guy? Do you have mutual friends? I say go for it, but Im sure he will be peeved.....you never know though, he may like you enough that he just wants to see you happy and he might be fine with it...

tilley - sorry I didnt get the whole story...and I dont have time right now to go back and read what happened....sounds like you are concerned about an over-eating friend? I would just be honest with her...to me thats being a true friend. She may get defensive at first, but she'll realize how much you care about her later.

Hello to everyone else! SOrry I dont have time to respond to everyone.....I need to start checking in everyday to keep up with all of you!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 01:15 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Good news

Hi guys - I don't have time to write responses, but HI JEN glad your trip was radical!!

I have good news. I got my cast off and I am on the road to recovery. I have atrophied elbow muscles from the sling, so I can't wear it anymore, but other than that, I am doing good in my elbow. I can wear my cast when I want to, if its uncomfy, but he recommended I dont'. Also, my back fractures are healing well and I can start physio, and work back up to normal exercise soon (2more weeks to jogging, etc). I am SOOOOOO happy yay.

I do feel naked without my sling and cast though...it was a security thing I think.

Well, off to WI now. I dont' know how it'll go, since TOM is here and VERY heavy, I am bloated and out of whack. But, I'll go anyway, better to know than not know.

I'll write later, but have a great afternoon.

Ciao (that was for Jen)
Belle
Old 06-20-2002, 01:17 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

JenK - glad you're back and that you had a great time in Italy. Can't wait to hear more about it. So sweet that your date called and left you that message to welcome you back. Hope your next date is just as great.

Lisa - I think you're making a wise choice regarding your roomate. When I'm sabotaging myself, the last thing I want is for anyone to point it out. Have fun on the cruise thingy tonight.

Jnini - it's great that you can get yourself back on track so quickly. Your next WI will be great.

Continuing the saga of earlier....I'm supposed to meet the guy I'm not interested in and a group of friends (primarily
his friends) at the movies tonight. I only said yes cuz the guy I like is going to be there. Friendly boy sent me an e-mail asking me out to dinner tonight before the movie. When I declined, he sent an e-mail asking if I could give him a back rub. Yuck! And vaguely disturbing.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:22 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Belle - we must have posted at the same time. I'm so glad you're getting your cast off and healing so well. You've been in my thoughts.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:50 PM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hey all again.

Winter, jnini - yes, my roommate started following WW after New years to lose 20 pounds... but now that's she's lost the 20 pounds, she;'s back to eating a hlaf gallon of ice cream in 3 days... having full cream in her coffee... eating half a dominos pizza. ANd I know - when I do stuff like that no one better say a single word to me. And so - first of all. I'm not judging her AT ALL. I do things like that sometimes too. I don't think bad of her at all. But this is the first time she's ever been on a diet... and I've learned that you can't go back to you old ways of eating once you've lost weight... and I wonder... do I let her learn the hard way like I did? I guess so... like me, I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to do or how to diet. But as a good friend, it's hard not to say something. I don't know!

Winter - I did kiss a boy with a tongue ring last week. Sexiest thing ever! I thought I'd be grossed out by a tongue ring, but really, he kissed me and I was like - wow - what's that? ANd I liked it a lot.

Jen - welcome back! I'm glad you had fun and way to go with the date.

Lori - it's on MA-135. Near the intersection of speen street and 135. Call ahead because they don't always have the pastries and cakes that you want unless you order them. I highly recommend the cheesecake, the eclairs (which theirs are more like cream puffs) and the choc. chip sandwhiches. SO GOOD! It's called Grandma's Guilt-free Goodies.

Belle - great to hear you cast is off. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Alright ladies.... back to work.

Lisa
Old 06-20-2002, 02:16 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default I am back from WI

I am down another 2.8# so I changed my signature. Damn, if I hadn't gained those 4# after my injury, I'd be almost at 200, but oh well. I am at 211.6 today - woo hoo. 42.4 down....

Gotta go eat something and get back to work...adios til tonite

Belle

OH and thanks for your warm wishes Lisa and Winter - that is very sweet of you.....
Old 06-20-2002, 04:05 PM   #15  

Thanks Lisa!
Congratulations Belle!!!
I am lurking-but hi to everyone!
Closed Thread