Old 05-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2

Default Why is it so easy to gain yet so hard to loose?

Why is it so easy to gain yet so hard to loose?

Its hard work I know but damn does it have to be this difficult?
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #2  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

I firmly believe that life is not fair on purpose. It'd be boring if everything we wanted was just a chocolate bar away.
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

It's probably a physiological thing. Out bodies store fat for times when we need energy but can't get food. In this day and age though food is everywhere 24/7 and most people (in north America at least) have access to it. Not only that, there is a lot of stuff in boxes and in fast food masquerading as food but is filled with extra fat and sugar and calories so it tastes 'good'.
Losing weight becomes easier, it's about breaking bad habits, making good ones, and changing your tastes. Believe me, after a while of no high fat food your body will reject it if you try to eat it. It's about making gradual changes so it isn't so hard.
Personally, I never thought gaining weight was 'easy'. Mentally it was the worst thing ever. Such a feeling of being out of control, and binging for no reason. Living healthfuly is so much less stressful, because even if I'm not losing weight, I know I'm treating my body right.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneleh View Post
Losing weight becomes easier, it's about breaking bad habits, making good ones, and changing your tastes. Believe me, after a while of no high fat food your body will reject it if you try to eat it. It's about making gradual changes so it isn't so hard.
This is so true. It does get easier, because you see results and you want to keep up with it. Your body also adapts and gets to CRAVE the healthy foods and skeeve at the fatty foods. Just keep with it, make small, gradual changes, and listen to your body! It wants to be healthy and will help you through this!

Good luck!!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

because life sucks and we have to do everything the hard way.

beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Have you ever seen how those bratty kids turn out that get everything handed to them at their request? Can you picture EVERYBODY in this world as a bratty kid?
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:03 PM   #7  
Love on a Diet

S/C/G: HW:155 SW:147/141/107

Height: 5'2"

I agree with the sentiment that if it's worth having, then it's worth fighting for. And fighting for it will make you appreciate it so much more in the end.

It's easy to envy the skinny people who have always been skinny, who have no idea what it's like to pump blood, sweat, and tears into getting a better body, getting in shape, etc. But they also don't know what it's like to make that decision, and to have that ability, to actively change yourself - and that is something, I think, that not only makes you stronger in the long run, but that strength and determination can be applied to other areas of your life.
MiniMo is offline   Reply With Quote