Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Would McDonald's scrambled eggs and sausage patty be okay during induction?

I don't have much time in the morning to get the kids to daycare and then to work. I love their scrambled eggs and sausage and it would be convenient to stop by and pick up on the way to work.

Are these okay for induction - or at any time on Atkins? (I'm new to all this)

Thanks!
keegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 148/109/105

Height: 5'3

i can't imagine that McDonald's would be good for you at any time!
Biju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I'm not an expert, but I think if you only ate the sausage and eggs it would be fine. You cannot eat any biscuits, hashbrown, etc. of course. Each of these items has 1 gram of carbs that you would need to count. Here is a link to the nutrition info:
http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutri...o?itemID=10011

On the other hand, as I look below the nutrition info, I see that the eggs have lots of extra stuff in them that aren't eggs, and ditto the sausage. You would be better off having eggs and sausage at home, and they are fast and easy to cook.

Last edited by CJZee; 05-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

How about making some egg muffins with sausage in them on a Sunday and freezing them. You can grab em on the go and they are really easy to prepare. This way you know exactly what goes into them.

Egg Muffins

Spray w/Pam a 12 hole muffin pan, put crumbled cooked sausage or cut up ham or bacon or whatever you like in the cups. Some broccoli or spinach or asparagus would be good too. Add grated cheese, cheddar or montery jack or swiss. Don't over fill it w/the meat & cheese, like about 1/2 way or 3/4 at most. Beat 8 eggs with lt cream or half and half, just a splash and spoon egg mixture into the cups. Bake 350 degrees, maybe 15 minutes or so, you'll see them start to brown.

The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of cheese, meat or veggies, they are wonderful to freeze. In the mornings I like to grab one or two out of the freezer and by the time I get to work they are defrosted and ready to heat.

Last edited by Leenie; 05-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

No unfortunately they don't fall under the induction phase because McDs adds sugar/HFCS to everything in their restaurant, whether you can actually taste it or not.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

You'd think they'd ask "Would you like HFCS with that?" Not so much!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Egg Muffins

Spray w/Pam a 12 hole muffin pan, put crumbled cooked sausage or cut up ham or bacon or whatever you like in the cups. Some broccoli or spinach or asparagus would be good too. Add grated cheese, cheddar or montery jack or swiss. Don't over fill it w/the meat & cheese, like about 1/2 way or 3/4 at most. Beat 8 eggs with lt cream or half and half, just a splash and spoon egg mixture into the cups. Bake 350 degrees, maybe 15 minutes or so, you'll see them start to brown.

The possibilities are endless, you can add any kind of cheese, meat or veggies, they are wonderful to freeze. In the mornings I like to grab one or two out of the freezer and by the time I get to work they are defrosted and ready to heat.
That is great! I never would have thought of it!
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote