Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #1  

Default Toning

How long is it, say doing some weights 3 times a week, before I would start seeing results?

I am not unrealistic, I know it takes time, but when could I start to notice?
kimberliestewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #2  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

It depends on a number of things. Are you lifting weights that are heavy enough to make a difference? If you can easily get to 15 repetitions within a set of an exercise, you're probably not lifting enough weight. You need to challenge your muscles in order for them to change. Are you getting enough protein? How much are you eating overall? It's extremely difficult to build muscle if you're eating at a huge calorie deficit. Another important factor is how much fat you have. If you have a lot of excess fat, you may not see much of a difference in your muscles until you lose the weight on top of it.

All of that being said, when I started lifting it took about a month before I noticed results.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ija; 05-29-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'll add one more thing to Drina's great comments: it depends on genetics. We are all different. Some people respond faster than others, and in different places, too.

Good luck!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote