Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Default Flat belly after a C-Section

I just want to know your opinion/experience since I've been doing some research and did find women saying is not possible. I had a surgery to remove an ovarian cyst when I was 22, it was kind of a C-Section except for the baby of course hehe. I was able to get my flat belly back at that time. Now I'm 32; I had a baby a year and a half ago...I remember the doctor telling me that my incision (from the cyst surgery) was too low and he needed to go a little bit higher for my C-Section. I read some comments over the web saying they cut some nerves and it is really difficult to obtain a flat belly after a C-Section because of that...It is true?

Also if you can recommend any specific exercise to target that area I'll appreciate it very much!

Thanks all!
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I had two c-sections in three years. They do cut through your muscles, and I have heard it is very difficult to get a flat stomach after without additional surgery. Other than that, I have no useful information for you, other than omg if you figure it out let me know!
Noniegrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Lose weight. Do weights, do core work, do cardio.

Then your body will be what it will be. Until then there is no sense worrying what your belly may or may not have trouble doing. You can not spot reduce.

Some women have a flat belly after children, after C-section, some women couldnt get a flat belly BEFORE children even fit and toned .
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #4  

I heard the same thing, had a c-section about a year and a half ago. Well my stomach is not flat yet but it is much better then I thought it could get. I lost about 30 lbs and could lose 5 - 10 more. It may not be perfect but I think it is possible. I usually work out with my treadmill, wii (Fit, Fitness Coach, and EA), the 30DS and any other fitness tapes. I also do some extra core exercises.)

My honest opinion is that when you get close to your goal you will be pretty happy with yourself.

PS... I am 32 too

Last edited by tmil206; 05-28-2009 at 11:46 PM.
tmil206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I've seen women with super flat stomachs after c-sections. Everyone is different. Even if you have muscle issues you can still get fairly flat unless you need your muscle repaired. In that case...well, you'd have bigger problems than a flat stomach.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:55 AM   #6  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I had my first baby by c-section 18 years ago. As I recall, once I lost the baby weight, my stomach did return pretty much to its pre-pregnancy flatness. There was some numbness around the incision initially, but that went away over time. After the healing process was completed, I could (and still can) do all of the regular ab work and see results, etc, just like before. I had a typical low "bikini" incision, a different incision type may result in more muscles and nerves cut, so that may make a difference too.

I didn't think the C-section affected the result as much as just the fact that the abdominal muscles and skin are all stretched out. You have that affect, whether you end up with a c-section or natural childbirth. It takes a while for all of that to shrink back and tighten up. I'm sure the more you keep fit during pregancy, the quicker things bounce back. Frankly, I saw more saggy-ness from gaining and losing 40 pounds in my 40's than I did having 2 babies in my early 30's.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Thanks for sharing!

I guess I need to be more diligent with the exercise part, I joined the gym and I should start doing some weights.

Last edited by Renacer; 05-29-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #8  
Bringin' Sexy Back!

I had a c-section on Dec 5, 2008. I have started believing that I would never get a flat abs!

Deeply inside, I know I can. And I know I have to lose weight to be able to have it. I also know tons of ladies that had c-section and they dont even look they have a baby!!

We just need to do what needs to be done. Lose weight first, and tone after!

Good luck to all of us!!
suzan is offline   Reply With Quote