Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Smile Chemical/Hormonal Imbalance

Hello dear friends,

Hoping this day is pleasant one! I would like to share my story and give hope who suffer Mental illness. Depression is a real deal, I was always struggle with weight and as I older, my body changes.emotions and needed to find the right medication. I did MRI scan, and in doctors term called Chemical imbalance of the brain, dopemine. Medication helps to balance the brain when the brain gets to much message and mind goes bonkers. In addition to taking meds daily, need to be in a group therapy, real people who deals with same issues you go through. Group therapy teaches how to understand your condition and coping skills when doctors can not be reach. This what I call plan of action.

Last year my depression gotten deep, which I wanted to kill myself with a gun..Doctors helped me and along with medication, I taken ECT treatments and I am done with it now.

Diets don't work, it causes more confusion ..What is needed to cope and build up our self esteem. I keep and write a journal offline of my daily mood and thoughts. It is not about calories, carbs etc..It is about loving ourselves and be happy the weigh we are in life. Balance is the key in everyday life .

There is hope and once you learn to accept your true body weight ,weight loss would be easier. Walking is best and make that a habit. Cravings are for real, your body is crying for help on healing your appettie .Don't avoid stomach hunger, which stomach hunger never lies. Listen with your mind ,body and mood.

Peace be with you!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good job Liliann and I agree.... there is always Hope.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote