Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #1  
gloriasharon

S/C/G: 308/293/175

Height: 5'9

Default its hard to get really serious about this

My mind keeps telling me awww forget about the healthy eating and have what you want...somehow I feel deprived when I skip the fastfood or high cal treats and not just eat what I want..Im also obsessing about my career and money..grrrrr... what a head trip...Its all about sabatoge and Im trying to avoid going crazy..lol.. I stopped by curves yesterday and they were closed but im going by there again tomorrow just to see how it goes there. The last time I went about 3yrs ago in a different town they were always playing this techno disco music that really irratated me.So hopefully thats not the case here...anyway onto another day and yesterday went well with the food...
gloriacoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Why do you feel deprived? Is there a way that you can take your favourite high calorie treats and make them more "diet" friendly? Like if you LOVE french fries have you ever made home fries in the oven? Or sweet potato fries (you can get them in the natural foods freezer at the downtown SOM) If you love pizza, go get some whole wheat naan and make mini pizza's with lots of veggies and chicken breast and a little cheese. How can I help? Let me know Maybe we need have go out for tea or something

I've heard this curves in town is awesome. So is woman's zone so you might want to check there too. I also do daycare for an AWESOME personal trainer (guy named Kris) who will KICK your butt into shape.

(hugs) It's hard. It sucks sometimes. But I will say that this last 8 months for me has been the MOST THRILLING life affirming time in my life and I wouldn't trade that for a million big macs
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default I think you may have to do a little soul searching.......

Quote:
My mind keeps telling me awww forget about the healthy eating and have what you want...somehow I feel deprived when I skip the fastfood or high cal treats and not just eat what I want.
I think you have to decide what you want the MOST. Because you simply can't have it both ways. You can't eat what you want when you want it and be a slim, health minded person. It just can not occur.

I never, ever not once felt deprived when I passed up on any of those high calorie foods. Not once. I felt deprived when I ATE that stuff. Because eating that stuff deprived me of a fit, healthy, happy life. STAYING fat was the real deprivation. Without a doubt. I was deprived of a full and active life. I was deprived of being the absolute BEST ME that I could be.

Eating what I wanted, when I wanted it never, ever provided me with true happiness. Not while I was eating it (although it tasted good), and certainly never AFTER I was done eating it. Eating what I wanted, when I wanted left me fat, miserable, worried, depressed, lethargic, unproductive, unenergetic. It left my very life in jeopardy.

Yes, I gave up a bunch of "those foods", but you see I ADDED in much better, tastier, healthier foods. Foods that make me feel good while I'm eating them - and afterwards too. I no longer settle for foods that just taste good and make me feel good during the eating process. I need them to work for me long after I'm finished chewing. The foods I eat now are BOTH delicious and nutrient rich, though modest in calories. Which frees me up to , to be happy, healthy, slim, active, confident, energetic, productive and thrilled with life. And that is what I truly want.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've always had a hard time maintaining the "gung ho," attitude that I thought was required for weight loss. Small changes do yield results, they're just smaller results - and if that's ok with you, and helps you stay focused and committed longer, they maybe try that.

It's worked well for me. I've lost more weight than I ever have in the past, and have been on a downward trend longer than ever before, but I'm also losing slower than ever before (but that's ok with me).

I agree with making choices that don't feel like deprivation, whether that's making healthier versions or eating smaller portions of your favorites - or finding new favorites that happen to be healthier/lower calorie.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote