Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Yummmm I don't know why I even bother falling off the wagon.

Honestly... There have been a few weeks and even months where I've been like "Screw it, I don't care... hello Arby's". And I always feel awful afterwards. My skin breaks out, I'm tired, I don't feel good about myself... obviously I'm not losing weight. What is the point of doing that to myself?

My husband and son went and got Pizza tonight. I had a highish calorie lunch - shells and cheese... but "Cook Yourself Thin's" recipe YUM so actually not too too bad. Pizza is yum but I thought about it for a minute... do I want to deal with the downward spiral that might put me in? no. So I cut up a small red potato, an onion, some cauliflower, broccoli, garlic, drizzled some olive oil on it, sprinkled some salt and pepper and roasted it up. A little part skim mozzarella cheese for protein and a bit of avocado for good fat and we're in business! I only would have been able to eat one little slice of pizza but I had a whole place of roasty deliciousness for less calories and I feel good about it!

Why do we do this to ourselves? Is a cheeseburger or a slice of cake really worth the guilt and extra lbs when there are delicious healthy low calorie foods all around us?

I need to come back and read this thread next time I start to slip. It's really silly when really I enjoy the good for me stuff just as much, or even more than the high fat junk! Later I think I'll have a cup of berries and yogurt while they eat brownies. Sure, I like brownies... but I like berries too.

Last edited by ValRock; 05-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Good for you!! That sounds yummy, too - have to remember that...pizza is so addictive. Haven't had it since I started. BF wants one but promises he'll do it right (thin ww crust w/ lots of veggies and sparse on the cheese).
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

that sounds good... I know why I'd pick the pizza-it's already made and there, instead of putting the effort to cut the vegetables up, prep, cook, clean up... laziness.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree! Life is too short to eat crappy food! Soooo much good stuff to eat!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #5  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

We have pizza all the time. Either Kashi frozen or an Amici's mini. Also brownies as I make no pudge fudge like once a month when I go chocolate crazy.

Really the roast veggies sound yuck to me but that's because if I ate that as my entire dinner Id have tummy issues for days. O_o
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Good for you! Seriously, it takes a lot of willpower and energy to pass up that kind of temptation and make a healthy home-cooked meal. Your mind and body thank you!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I was just thinking along the same lines on my drive to work. I always feel so good about myself when I make good choices.
Good for you!!
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #8  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

kashi pizzas are really tasty! especially the roasted garlic chicken.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #9  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.ph...brownies&ls=re

I think the biggest problem is an all-or-nothing attitude; want a little something high-calorie? Indulge within reason. Miss something you used to eat all the time? Find a way to make it lighter. You'd be surprised at how many recipes adapt well to lower fat ingredients and techniques.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

LOL---too funny....ARBY'S...OMG, ARBY'S..I had to breakup with Arby! Jamocha shakes and curly fries called my name a couple of months ago so I decided to "write it in" and indulge. After looking up the calories I couldn't do it to myself. I am sure I will at some point. LOL..thanks for that.

This is a JOURNEY, not a GUILT TRIP. You are doing beautifully! I so agree with you though that there are soooo many delicious things all over our beautiful earth to indulge in.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #11  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Goddess View Post
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.ph...brownies&ls=re

I think the biggest problem is an all-or-nothing attitude; want a little something high-calorie? Indulge within reason. Miss something you used to eat all the time? Find a way to make it lighter. You'd be surprised at how many recipes adapt well to lower fat ingredients and techniques.
THIS.

My personal 'thing' is making REAL FOOD, but making it healthy and lower fat/calorie. My husband and I used to live off pasta, pizza, pork chops,hamburgers, chinese, etc. Well, we still eat all that stuff we just eat the new much go faster healthy versions and are just as happy with it. In fact I have a big bowl of spaghetti in meat sauce I am working on now it's just the 480 version rather than the ???? version.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #12  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I like the website eat better America (cant link yet) for what they call "healthified" versions of foods. Lower fat and calorie versions.

I have made a few of the recipes and plan on trying a few more this week since my husband and taking off the whole week.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #13  
No description available.

Your veggie dinner sounds delicious!! Way to go!!! And I agree--berries rock!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 219/197/130

Height: 5'3

I totally know the what you mean by that feeling you get after you eat something you shouldn't. This week I had a bad sinus cold (which is no excuse) and I didn't stick to my diet... I ate all my favorite comfort foods and instead of feeling good after I ate I managed to make myself totally depressed and guilty and tired and the crappiest I've felt about myself in a while. I forced myself to get back with the program this morning and was glad when I saw your post b/c i can relate and if others are going through the same thing and making the right choices it makes me feel like I can too.
wantstoloseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #15  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
THIS.

My personal 'thing' is making REAL FOOD, but making it healthy and lower fat/calorie. My husband and I used to live off pasta, pizza, pork chops,hamburgers, chinese, etc. Well, we still eat all that stuff we just eat the new much go faster healthy versions and are just as happy with it. In fact I have a big bowl of spaghetti in meat sauce I am working on now it's just the 480 version rather than the ???? version.
I totally agree with this. I think that's helped me this go round with losing weight. I have quite a few standby recipes for things such as pizza, chinese, etc. I ate a buffalo burger last night and thought about how when I eat burgers now, I eat them without the bun, and it seems totally normal to me.

I had to laugh at the ????? version - in the past, I would eat stuff (especially out and about) and have no clue about the calorie/fat/sodium content. Since more and more restaurants have been publishing nutritional information, it's gotten quite scary!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote