UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  
Making A Change!!

Lightbulb My Journey To Sydney Salsa Congress!!

Hey Everyone, I've written a Thread in the "Introductions" Section...but wanted to start my own Motivational Thread (both for me and others I hope!!).

Firstly, I have about 10 Stone (140 Pounds) to lose.

My Motivation? I want to go to the Sydney Salsa Congress in January 2010 as Dancing is a BIG thing for me and touches me in a special place that nothing else seems to touch.

However, I'm struggling BIG-TIME!!!

I started Slimming World three Weeks ago and the first Week I did okay...I lost 3 pounds...and this Week when I went for weigh-in number two I had PUT ON four pounds!!!! Totally totally my fault...I'm really struggling to stay away from the Takeaway's especially.

Like today, I was doing so good, I even went shopping and planned out my Menu for tonight - And then my Internet went down and I felt tired and I broke my control and ended up ordering Pizza....I'm sooooo mad at myself!!!

But all I can do is move forwards from THIS point and next time I feel like this I will just have to come online (that's if my Internet hasn't gone down!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!) and post in this Thread....and I hope that reading about what I'm feeling and why I'm doing this will really help.

I just have to remember WHY I'm doing this, so perhaps a list will help

1) To be able to go to the Sydney Salsa Congress and have fun and dance all night without being too exhausted!!

2) To feel more healthy - Stop my bones/joints from aching.

3) To be able to have a normal relationship without clouding it with my self-esteem issues about my Weight.

4) To feel proud of myself for sticking to at least one thing in my Life.

5) To get a Job in the Travel Industry (Possibly Cabin Crew)

Wow, when I look at it like that I feel so filled with desire to Succeed!!! So, I NEED to succeed and do what I've set out to do...

So, onwards and upwards from here!!!
DreamerHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. You can do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #3  
Making A Change!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Welcome and good luck. You can do it !
Thank you....I know that I can do it....I just need to stay motivated, I guess that's the main thing...
Old 05-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

You can do it!!!

I replied to your introduction already - I was the same with too many takeaways and I'm a (reformed I hope) binge eater too. Stay strong and be organised with preparing meal and you can do it. I had about 11 stones to lose and have lost just over 4 (in a year, wasn't working at losing weight the whole time though) so about 7 to go - once the pounds start coming off you you will be much more motivated too - exercise will help a lot too.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #5  
Making A Change!!

Hey Rainbow....Thanks for Posting in here...it helps that I know that other people are going through the same thing as me!!

I'm going back to Dancing on Sunday evening....Going to do a 2-Hour Salsa Lesson....can't wait!!!

It's now almost 3am and I'm sooooo sleepy...but still have another few hours of work to go before I can curl up and get some sleep!!

But seem to be doing okay on my Eating tonight....been munching on Banana's, Satsumas and drinking No Sugar Robinson's Apple and Blackcurrant - Which I love!!

The real test is going to be going out later today and finding something at Lunch that I can eat...but I'll just have to see what I can do
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerHelen View Post
Hey Rainbow....Thanks for Posting in here...it helps that I know that other people are going through the same thing as me!!

I'm going back to Dancing on Sunday evening....Going to do a 2-Hour Salsa Lesson....can't wait!!!

It's now almost 3am and I'm sooooo sleepy...but still have another few hours of work to go before I can curl up and get some sleep!!

But seem to be doing okay on my Eating tonight....been munching on Banana's, Satsumas and drinking No Sugar Robinson's Apple and Blackcurrant - Which I love!!

The real test is going to be going out later today and finding something at Lunch that I can eat...but I'll just have to see what I can do
Hope you found something to eat! Today is my husband's birthday so challenging for me as he wanted to go to macdonalds for a big tasty i just had a chicken burger and a few of his fries and refused to be tempted by everything else and i'm not having any of the yummie birthday cake i made him today as not enough calories available. Tomorrow my parents are buying us CHinese and I don't want to discuss my food issues with them so will have to make sure I don't eat too many calories the rest of the day I'm drinking lots of water which i don't love
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295.5/278.5/200

Height: 5ft 7inches

Hi!
I also have about 10 stone to lose. I started weight watchers a month ago and lost a stone, absolutely delighted with that. I know how hard it is at the start, there are so many bad habits to break! But I can see now, a month in that it does get easier and starts to become the 'norm'.

My DH's 40th birthday is in December and is one of many HUGE motivations to help me lose the weight!

Like yourself though, I find it hard to keep up the momentum. So if you like we could help eachother along the way.

BTW Rainbow, congrats on the weight loss so far!

Good luck

Last edited by SONGBIRD; 05-22-2009 at 11:21 AM.
SONGBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #8  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Come join our 6 week challenge.

Setting small goals on the way to a bigger one can oftem be motivational.

We will have our first weigh in on Sunday and would be REALLY happy to have another Loser
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #9  
Making A Change!!

Thanks for Posting in my Thread Guys....Nice to know that there are people that can encourage me

Well yesterday I had a Jacket Potato with Beans (No Butter) while I was out...and then treated myself to a Chicken Chow Mein in the evening, although I was a bit naughty cause also had some Banana Fritters....but I had barely eaten all day!!

Today I'm doing just fine....All I've had so far is some Weetabix with Milk and some Splenda.

Then tonight I'm hoping to either do Bolegnase or Meat Free Lasagne from the Slimming World Magazine...both look lovely!!

I'm doing okay....a bit up and down this Weekend...but managing not too bad
Old 05-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerHelen View Post
Thanks for Posting in my Thread Guys....Nice to know that there are people that can encourage me

Well yesterday I had a Jacket Potato with Beans (No Butter) while I was out...and then treated myself to a Chicken Chow Mein in the evening, although I was a bit naughty cause also had some Banana Fritters....but I had barely eaten all day!!

Today I'm doing just fine....All I've had so far is some Weetabix with Milk and some Splenda.

Then tonight I'm hoping to either do Bolegnase or Meat Free Lasagne from the Slimming World Magazine...both look lovely!!

I'm doing okay....a bit up and down this Weekend...but managing not too bad
Sounds like you're doing so well We've hijacked your thread a little I'm actually finding your thread helpful I had chicken chow mein tonight - my parents bought us Chinese takeaway. I managed to resist the prawn crackers and spring rolls they bought, and normally would of had something like sweet and sour and chips (don't like rice) so think I did ok I also refused pudding

I think part the key to not eating too much takeaway in the evening is making sure you do eat earlier in the day though. I'm calories counting and dread to think how many calories are in banana fritters!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

What a beautiful thing to work towards! I often feel that timescales put undue pressure on me, but if it is something as beautiful and important as that, it can probably be very motivating! Do you have a plan how you want to do it?
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote