Old 05-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/176/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Zone Perfect Bars

Hi everyone. Has anyone tried Zone Perfect bars as a replacement for Lites? I picked up a box at Costco. They seem relatively close in nutrition stats to the lites (Double Chocolate). They actually have 4 more grams of protein in them which I thought was good. Also, when looking at the ingredient list the first ingredient on the lites is corn syrup (hhm...) and on the Zone Perfect bars it is Soy protein. Haven't tasted them yet though -- maybe I will try one out today. I thought that I read somewhere that these would be an okay replacement but I could have the brand wrong. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried them!!
lori16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lori, I use them as a replacement. I buy them at Costco. The dark chocolate ones are especially yummy.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #3  
LAWL - Plan 3

S/C/G: 205/175/150

Height: 5'9"

What are the nutritional values on both? (if you don't mind posting)

I sort of liked the LA lites, but not so much; found them a bit gritty and grainy in texture which turned me off.. Wanted to try the Slim fast snack bars, or anything [cheaper].
riylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/176/145

Height: 5' 3"

Lightbulb Zone Perfect Bars

Here are the nutritional values for Zone Perfect Bars (Dark Chocolate Almond) and LA Lites (Double Chocolate).

Zone Perfect: LA Lite

Carories: 190 170
Fat: 6 g (4 sat) 4.5 g (3 sat)
Chol: <5 mg 10 mg
Sodium: 180 mg 70 mg
Potassium: 170 mg 200 mg
Carb: 22 g 29 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g 4 g
Sugars: 13 g 18 g

The double chocolate Lites are my favorite. When the center by me closed they sold them by the case for something like $75 so I got a couple cases. Zone Perfect bars have a much different consistency but are tasty in my opinion. I don't recall exactly what I paid for the ZP bars at Costco but I got 2 boxes of 24 bars and I believe the cost was close to what you would pay for one 7 bar box of lites at a center.
lori16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #5  
LAWL - Plan 3

S/C/G: 205/175/150

Height: 5'9"

ty, really helpful - even if I don't use the zone, I can find something similar to that for a bit cheaper hopefully.
riylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I just went and looked at my bars and they are slightly more calories than there were when I last looked (about 2 years ago). I guess the changed them slightly over time, as I recalled them being 170-180 calories and now they are 210! Yikes. I guess you have to continue reading the labels even after you think you know what they say.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

I use the strawberry/yogurt bars for my morning snack and I like them.
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:59 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
I just went and looked at my bars and they are slightly more calories than there were when I last looked (about 2 years ago). I guess the changed them slightly over time, as I recalled them being 170-180 calories and now they are 210! Yikes. I guess you have to continue reading the labels even after you think you know what they say.
The Zone bars appear to have significantly more protein than the Luna bars, so maybe it's 20 to 30 calories well spent and you could offset it with a little more activity? I wish I could use them, but I'm allergic to soy so I can't. I ordered some fish oil capsules from Zone not all that long ago and had to send them back because they had soy in them....I never even considered something like that might have soy as an ingredient!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote