Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #1  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Is it normal to feel completely depleted after an hour of cardio?

Hello!

There is more to the story, so let me explain. I'm a music teacher at an elementary school so I have to get up early and be at the school at 7:30am. After work I make it to the gym around 3:45pm-4pm and eat some carrots on the way there to help my hunger. After 20 minutes on an exercise bike and 30 minutes on an elliptical I leave the gym and I'm ravenous! I make dinner (something healthy) eat and then by 7:30pm I'm so deflated! I barely move the rest of the night. Is it just my schedule? Or am I eating the wrong snack before my workout? I also tend to have heartburn after I workout. Does that happen to anyone else? I will also admit that my workout schedule is very on and off...maybe I'll feel better when my workouts are more regular? Sorry, questions within questions here! I'd appreciate anything you could comment on
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #2  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

I know that I am flippin exhausted after work. Being a teacher is tough! I do think that regularity will help though.
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You need some protein after work and before that workout. In fact, make sure you are getting a protein snack regularly throughout the day (I work in a school district and carry low-fat string cheese, protein bars, and Wasa and Laughing Cow cheese with me every day).

When I finish a TOUGH day in the district, I try to have a large glass of water AND a protein snack. By the time I reach home, I am ready to tackle my workout. I usually grab another protein snack (nuts are my snack of choice) and more water when I finish.

You CAN do this - but be smart about it! Carrots are a GREAT snack, but not enough "fuel" for your workout!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

A protein packed snack before a workout is the way to go, I believe. Anyone would feel wiped out after your long day! I'm sure that getting in shape and losing weight will only help that though!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote