Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I need my girls to give me some advice. :)

Ladies- you are the only ones who understand.

I have a 19 month old girl. I weigh 170-175 (haven't weighed in awhile but it's around there) and my ideal weight is 135-145. I feel like it's time to get pregnant again, and my husband feels the same way (he's been wanting to for awhile!)

I feel horrified at the thought of actually getting pg and gaining the pregnancy weight though. This 170+ that I weigh right now is about 15 lbs heavier than when I got pregnant with baby #1. I'm worried that if I get pregnant before reaching my weightloss goals that I will never reach them. That I'll be one of those women that just keeps gaining with each pregnancy.

I don't know. At this point, when we start TTC, it's up to me. But I'm nervous. I don't think I'm an unhealthy person- I'm very active and I eat well but I certainly don't always make wise food choices. But basically I feel like I would have a healthy pregnancy even at this weight, but i'm not SURE!

I know this all sounds pretty lame but any advice would be MUCH appreciated!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I did exactly the same thing as you are worried about, all I can tell you is my own experience. I gained 70 lbs with child #1, and lost 40 of it in between. With child #2 I gained another 70 lbs on top of the extra 30 I was carrying around, when all was said and done I had put on 100 lbs (and I didn't even try!) by the end of pregnancy #2 I could barely walk (pregnancy induced PIH and VERY swollen). However, I'm now at pre-pre-pregnancy weight and working to towards a new, never achieved before goal of 150 lbs. The good news is, I'm none the worse for wear, I had two healthy babies and I'm working my way down the scale again for GOOD, it CAN be done, whether or not you gain with each pregnancy. Sooo, in a perfect world I would have liked to take off that 30 lbs, however, time was of the essence since I had my last baby at 38 years old. Either way, I went in with vow to myself that it I WILL do it... whether it be do it now, or do it later... for longer... I knew I would make it happen

Last edited by Leeesa; 05-16-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #3  
Here I come skinny jeans!

S/C/G: 225/Ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I was going to wait until I was at a more ideal weight before TTC, but at the same time I knew I didn't want my LO's to be TOO far apart. We decided to go the 'not trying but not preventing' route and just not stress about it. I lost about 10 lbs then bounced around w/in that 10lbs and then got pregnant. Since getting pg i've lost a bunch due to MS.

You could still work on loosing weight while TTC and just stay on a healthy eating and safe exercise track once you do get pg so you stay in the groove until after you give birth and can start loosing again.
MeganBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #4  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

All I can really say is everyone's different.
I was about 180-185 when I got pregnant with our first. I went up to 246 due to preeclampsia later in pregnancy. Finally after 3 years, I got under 200. Gained about 5 lbs due to a job change and found myself pregnant...again. I wasn't anywhere near the weight I wanted to be, but this time I only went up to 235. My younger one is almost 8 months old and I am 181 lbs. My older boy is almost 4 1/2. You can see how long it took me to get back to pre-babies weight! It varies from person to person. My mom and my MIL both gained weight and kept it on with each baby. (My mom had 3, MIL had 4...both are very overweight) I did and do not want to end up like that. I am working very hard to lose and keep the weight off. I really would like to have one more child (preferably a girl, since I already have two boys, but as long as the baby is healthy that is all that really matters!). I would love it if I could get down to a weight that if I were to get pregnant again I could stay under 200, but if I got pregnant now it would not be the end of my hard work.
Good luck with whatever you do decide. Just remember, whatever happens is meant to happen! *AND you will get that weight off somehow someday!*

Last edited by aangel22; 05-18-2009 at 10:40 PM.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote