Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 02:28 AM   #1  

Default New Introduction - Chunky Spice

Hello : ) I'm a 36 year old woman who's in the midst of a weight loss journey. I've done this over and over for a long time but am determined that this time will be different.

(heard that before?)

I just found out that it seems I have PCOS which may answer some of my questions about why I struggle so much, but it's still a daunting task to loose more than 100 pounds.

Thank goodness... I'm more than 30 pounds into my journey and have currently slipped under the 300 radar and am officially 299.9 as of yesterday. Who would have thought 299 could be such a desirable weight? I was happy.

I have a personal web site and I'm assuming if I list it here that it is not advertising... forgive me if it is! It's just my personal pictures and weight charts if anyone is interested. It's http://www.nomorechunkyspice.com

I'm going to try and become a little bit of a lurker here, especially over at the PCOS board so I can learn. I'm not ready to say "hi" there though but felt comfortable saying Hi here

If you have a personal site, please mail it to me! I love to look at the sites of others who are on the same journey!
Old 06-14-2002, 08:41 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

hey chunky spice.. you're ADORABLE!!!! love the pic.

and welcome aboard!! please don't just lurk.. jump in. post often. share. complain. whine. fuss. successes, aggravations, good deeds, family, friends, crazy things. it's all fair game.

the coffee pot is always on. and there's always a pot of tea wrapped in a tea cozy as well.

just not too many cookies are around here. i haven't figured out yet whether we're all being good, or we've eaten them all!!!

Old 06-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #3  

Hi and Welcome!!

I agree, jump right in! Make yourself at home, you'll love it here. Everyone here is wonderful. The support is amazing and the key to weightloss.

I too have PCOS, and would love to answer any questions you may have, that is of course if I know. LoL It's a bit confusing at first to try and understand it all.

Congrats on your weightloss and reaching that landmark. WOOOHOOO to you.

Best wishes along your journey...
Old 06-14-2002, 10:51 AM   #4  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi there. Went to your site. You're doing so well! The goal may seem really far away, but you can do it! Just keep taking it one pound at a time. And keep posting. I'm with you. I don't care how long it takes. As long as we don't quit, we will get there. You need to go out and get yourself a reward for breaking the 300 barrier!!! That's a major accomplishment!!!!!!!
Hooray for Chunky Spice!!!!! Welcome to the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the board.

Jeanne
250/203/145
Old 06-14-2002, 11:11 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi!!! welcome to our wonderful site!!! I will check your site when I am done. I love to see how others are doing too!!! and jump in make your self at home and the coffee is hot and so is the tea!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #6  

Thanks for the warm welcome : ) I'm anxious to weigh in next week to see if the Glucophage will make any difference.

I can tell you I'm wearing clothes that I haven't worn in a while and I must take a picture of my legs in my "big" shorts as it is quite amazing. Hahah! The mental image you must have!!

Is there a way to insert my picture in my profile?
Old 06-15-2002, 04:01 PM   #7  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Welcome Chunky Spice, to our boards, I've been an awful clod, in not welcoming all you new girls in the last week, but I was in the middle of a pity party crisis, and I tend to be rather self centered at those points... Good luck in your journey, hope you enjoy sharing it with us
Old 06-17-2002, 02:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Hi BUddy!

As you know, I too am new. I got your message and will email you from home, as if email from work, my work email will send the message. I hate when that happens, because then I can only read them AT work.

Looking forward to becoming "buddies"

Dyan

Oops, I accidently posted this as a new thread!

Old 07-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #9  

Thanks for all your welcomes : ) I really appreciate it. I've enjoyed reading a bunch of the posts here and hope that I can be a little more involved if my life permits.
Closed Thread