Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default My husband is finally converted!

I lost 80 lbs after having my son in 2004. I did it all on my own as my husband was out to sea. But I've been doing my best to eat cleanly and have had a huge change of lifestyle since that point. In spite of a HUGE weight gain during the pregnancy with my daughter.... I'm still working on taking that 10 months off! More than halfway there .

My husband has always been resisitant to my food ideas and insisted on snacking on his beloved chips and little debbie cakes *dying*. He was young and fit and it didn't seem to make a difference either way to his build. This year he turned 30 and noticed he was getting love handles! The horror!!!!

Last night he took our oldest to the grocery to pick up some things for dinners this coming up week. As a mother's day present to me... there's nothing I loathe more than a trip to the grocery for some reason. I was apprehensive. Trips like this in the past have resulted in several bags of chips and cookies. To my surprise... not a cookie in site!

Here's what he bought. Shrimp, Chicken breasts, a package of boneless pork chops, broccoli, zuchinni, brown rice, a few packages of steamer veggies, low sodium stir fry sauce, and a cabbage. He walked in the door and said "I thought we could do some stir fries... I like the leftovers in my lunches."

Where is my husband and what have you done with him?! I guess he has been paying attention .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

it's always nice when the husband catches on, hey? i can't say my hubby is that advanced yet. he would have bought all of those healthy things, plus a bag of chips and a case of coke....oh well, baby steps!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

My bf is slowly converting, since getting a desk job he's got a bit of a belly.... He's started biking to and from work 14km (almost 9 miles) each way and his slowly trying to eat healthier. He still has a major weakness for ice cream though. He's better acquainted with Ben and Jerry than I am!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

That's great! My hubby is the same way- he's slowly eating healthier and healthier- it's fantastic! Sure he'll still have a fudge bar at night and he'll drink a coke a day, but he's been eating his veggies at dinner and doesn't snack on chips like he used to- slowly but surely
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's really cool!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #6  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh wow... My boyfriend does this SOME of the time. He has always been a big health maniac but since he's slim and muscular he can indulge in things like burgers, cake, fries... Things I can't eat everyday. The other night I was discussing what to make for dinner and he says "I'm going to make taco dip with sour cream and cheese..." and I stopped him right there...

To make matters worse his younger brother has moved in with us, a 16 year old kid. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A 16 YEAR OLD KID EATS?!?! My god... I don't know how his body functions on chips, Doritos, burgers, cup of noodles, chicken patties, piles of mayo, ice cream, soda and on and on and on.

I never really liked those things to begin with but when I make dinner I have to take into account that he's not going to like skinless boneless chicken breast with steamed vegetables and brown rice. It's hard sometimes!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote