Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #1  

Red face New here :)

Hi everyone,
My name is Grace and I am a single Christian mom of 2 wonderful young adult daughters (19 and 22). I am in dire need of some Christian prayer and support for my weight loss journey. I've been overweight my entire life but over the past several years I have ballooned to over 100# overweight
I've had success with some programs but never for the long term and my most difficult obstacle this time is getting motivated. I tend to be one of those people who always say " I'll start my diet tomorrow". I'm afraid that , if I keep going this way, there won't be a tomorrow for me. I've recently started with some health issues - nothing major yet but definitely heading in the wrong direction and all due to my weight. In addition, I can't get life insurance because I'm so overweight. That really scared me - what if something happens to me - my girls would be without a way to keep their home! Plus I want to be around to see them get married, have children, grow into full adulthood. I don't want them to miss out on having their mom during the special times in their life.
I know that God is bigger than this. I know He can and will help me but I need to do my part and that's the problem I'm having. I need to be motivated and encouraged to do this - for myself, my girls and most importantly, my God.

I've got a plan in place and I'm starting today. But please pray for me to be able to be encouraged, avoid temptation and just get excited about this journey.

Thanks so much for listening...hey WAKE UP! I said thanks for listening ...LOL!!
Sorry for rambling,
Hugs, G

Last edited by glm777; 05-08-2009 at 10:51 AM.
glm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi & Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you!
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote