Old 05-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default OT - prayers please

If you don't mind praying for animals.

Number 6 dog went for a teeth scrape yesterday, which turned into major kidney surgery.

They gave me her home last night - so I guess I can function on about 3 hours' sleep today!

I don't mind that she's not eating and is still very sleepy but she won't drink either, and I truly can't get her back to the veterinarian until this afternoon. I've been squirting water down her throat with a syringe this morning.

She's 13, and I'm afraid her time might be up.

Ta.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm praying!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for her.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

*tears*

why would they put a 13 year old dog through major surgery Poor duck.

I'm sending all the healing thoughts, vibes and mojo that I have her way. Give her a big snuggle from us.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

prayers are going your way... I hope your pup gets better.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Thanks, guys.
I take your point, cfm, but she'd gone in for a teeth scale and it was only while she was under that they found the lump, and decided to go ahead.
She's a bouncy little terrier mutt, and not an old lady at all, so it didn't seem a wrong decision - but, believe me, the instant they say she's suffering, I'll do the decent thing. In fact yesterday when they rang me, I immediately rang the warden of our grave plot ~ I bought a few years ago a pets and owners plot in the countryside ~ to let her know we might be on our way; and today, before I took her back to the vet, I said my goodbyes to her as cheerfully as I could.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Awww sweetheart.....you're in my thoughts and prayers....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Think positive thoughts. It's always hard to recover from surgery, especially for seniors. Just keep her hydrated and keep loving her, pain meds of course, and I hope she'll make a full recovery. Praying just in case.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Of course I pray for animals! They are just as worthy to pray for as humans. Bless his heart, and yours. Maybe he will be ok...I sure will say a prayer. Think positive thoughts.

Keep in mind that you give him a good life and "if" it is his time to go, you can be comforted by knowing you did all you could to make him live as long as possible. I firmly believe that animals will be with us when we go to be with the Lord, I truely do!
I lost my pitbull Jazmine 3 yrs ago and I thought I would just die, it hurt so bad. Ive never felt a hurt like it. But.........i realized I can and will see her again, with the Lord. Because the Bible says in so many words--every creature that crawleth upon the Earth will see the kingdom of God. Why would the Lord create such wonderful beings and let us get so close to them for them to just "poof" be no more? I am confindent we will see them again....and I hope you can find comfort in that if it does come down to him having to go. ****hugs****
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote