Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #1  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Talking Taking Care of the "Girls" aka boobs!

Boobs...what can you say - they are there and they can be used for many useful purposes (such as breastfeeding). However I find them to be a HUGE pain in the butt - I have rather big ones - 36 G. And for years, I wore the wrong bra and I dealt with boob buddies (the fat beside your boobs that stick out), torpedo boobs (pointy like you heading to the moon), and pronouncing my back boobs. Wearing a nightgown or tank top without a bra -yeah right!! It's so nice when you have this thick strap showing under your tank top or nightgown! How sexy!

So a friend of mine said she was fitted at a lingerie store and she came in the next day and I was like WOW! Her boobs looked so great! So I went and I almost fainted when I saw the price tag - up towards $200.00. So I bought one and I refuse to wear anything but this type. It lasts a long time, comes with a warranty (that's funny) and I have no boob or back buddies, no torpedo boobs and they stay up like ALL DAY long. You know, we wear a bra everyday - and I spend more on shoes and purses. I also bought an exercise bra there and they don't even MOVE!

So my next task was finding a tank top, swimsuit and nightgown with a built in shelf bra. Okay, these are mostly made for women with small boobs who don't need a lot of support. I refuse to walk around with saggy boobs - even when I am alone.

So I found this place on line, it's based in London and not too expensive - it's called brassimo. They have tank tops, swimsuits and nightgowns with real support! I wear the tank tops to bed and don't have to worry about putting my bra on in the morning before I wander out to have breakfast! AND they make clothes for women with big boobs - including shirts, jackets and nighties. THE BEST EVER!!!!

So I thought I would share with my fellow chicks - the best investment ever!

Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

You're almost there but its called Bravissimo! I love their vest tops with the built in bra. I have a couple I bought last year (38E) that are too big for me now and I need to replace. I also like their shirts and fitted tops as they are made to show of a curvy figure. They are not cheap but do check out the 'sale' section at you can get some good bargains there.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

If I had anything bigger than a small C I would buy them. Hey! Thanks for making resources available to us, I know a lot of women who struggle with bust and clothes.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Staccie View Post
So a friend of mine said she was fitted at a lingerie store and she came in the next day and I was like WOW! Her boobs looked so great!
Hi Staccie -- where is this lingerie store? Does it have a name or website? It really sounds like something I need. Thanks for the info on Bravissimo!
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Staccie, I've been wondering whether their shelf-bra tanks are any different than other shelf-bra tanks. Because the whole shelf-bra thing normally does NOTHING for my chest, and I'm smaller than you (34D, heading toward 32D probably).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #6  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Staccie, I've been wondering whether their shelf-bra tanks are any different than other shelf-bra tanks. Because the whole shelf-bra thing normally does NOTHING for my chest, and I'm smaller than you (34D, heading toward 32D probably).
I'm smaller too (36 C/D) and I can't wear those shelf-bra tops, they're aboslutely worthless for me because although my boobs aren't all that big they are verrrrrry saggy (*sigh* and I haven't even had kids yet!). Sorry if that was TMI but I'm just so aggravated about it! I'm finally getting to a size where I can wear those cute tank tops but I still have to have a substantial bra underneath.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #7  
Brown Eyed Staccie

These tank tops have a great deal of support, like you are wearing a bra and they are comfortable! As I said, if they can hold up my 36G, they can hold up just about anything! Nice cleavage too. I remember I bought one from Walmart and I put it on and yeah, the little band underneath didn't do anything. But these ones, don't need a bra - they even have clasps in the back and everything

The lingerie store was local and it's not a chain,but google it in your area and there are tons of them - expensive but worth it!

Yeah for the girls lol
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Boobs...what can you say - they are there and they can be used for many useful purposes (such as breastfeeding). However I find them to be a HUGE pain in the butt - I have rather big ones - 36 G. ...

So I found this place on line, it's based in London and not too expensive - it's called brassimo. They have tank tops, swimsuits and nightgowns with real support! I wear the tank tops to bed and don't have to worry about putting my bra on in the morning before I wander out to have breakfast! AND they make clothes for women with big boobs - including shirts, jackets and nighties. THE BEST EVER!!!!
Hey, I'm the same bra size as you--I'm wearing 38G right now but they're getting too big so I think I need to dig out my 36G's that are in the back of the closet.

I'd seen the Bravissimo site before but was discouraged because they're based in London, so I was afraid that I'd have to pay some huge duty when the package came. I saw the nightie/tank top things and they look really cool!

I pay $50 for my bras and I thought that was bad. $200--yikes! But you know what, if it FITS and it's comfortable, I would definitely consider it!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #9  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
I pay $50 for my bras and I thought that was bad. $200--yikes! But you know what, if it FITS and it's comfortable, I would definitely consider it!
I used to be el-cheapo shopper, bargain hunting like mad! Nowadays I still bargain hunt but I've learned the value of a really good quality piece of clothing so there are a few things I'll pay through the nose for and they are worth every penny!!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Tell me about the $200 bra. What brand? I wear 38DDD/36G.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #11  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I actually really like the very few bras that Lane Bryant has in a size 36 DDD, although that is the smallest band they offer (and the largest cup size for that band). I really like the balconette. I also bought a couple of bras from Frederick's that are in a 36 DDD. It's just a shame that I can't find any bras in stores at all and there are no specialty lingerie stores in my area *pout*. Haha.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #12  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

OMGosh - THANK YOU! The only thing I had found to date that provided something for us bigger size ladies, and was attractive (I cannot believe what manufacturers label as sexy!) was Lunaire (Dillards carries that brand). I love their Whimsy line - especially the one with the leopard spots. The briefs and bra make even a chubby figure look sezzzy-hot (imho). Even thin though I will still be a DD (just a 36 instead of a 42 DDD) and bravissmo looks LIKE HEAVEN. Priced be darned! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #13  
Brown Eyed Staccie

I hate having big boobs and especially how they are flying south...
Just had to say that today
Old 05-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #14  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I hate having big boobs and especially how they are flying south...
Just had to say that today
You're preaching to the choir, sister. Me too. Although I have gone down a little in size, but then my boobies just hung there in my bra like two sad little socks with rocks in the bottom. OK, sad BIG socks but still. I think that once I'm at my goal weight, I'm going to get them lifted up. I have never had perky boobs in my life.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #15  
Brown Eyed Staccie

I'm with you on that...I will have to take a mortage out for a boob lift and probably a tummy tuck...but the boobs are gonna happen first. They look great in a bra but when it's off - it's just not attractive. It's a major issue for me when I have a boyfriend...I always think they are like - oh wow - and then when the bra beast comes off - it's like oh....love how they are cradled in my armpits...ewwww.