Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 339/329/179

Height: 5'1

Unhappy I need help with my workout plan!!!!

im doing healthy eating and calorie counting. i go to the gym 5 days a week i do 30 mins on the treadmill. i wanna do the elliptical but i can hardly last 2 seconds without passing out lol. i also do a hour of water aerobics on monday, weds, and friday. i am not losing the amount of weight i would like to any suggestion to improve my cardio workout and how can i get started on the elliptical?
diamond5rnt4every1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

My goodness, Diamond, look at how far you've come! 110 pounds lost is a massive amount of weight! That's brilliant.

When I first started doing the elliptical, I could only last for a couple of minutes at a time. It does take time to build up the fitness - perhaps try for 30 seconds or a minute at a time and slowly increase the length each time.

Are you doing any weights/resistance type work as well as all the cardio? It might be an idea to have a chat with one of the trainers at the gym and see if they can give you some ideas.

In terms of your weight loss stalling, I don't have enough info to give you any ideas why. You're doing a lot of exercise there - how are your calories? Are they too high or perhaps too low? Yes, you can eat too few calories as well, which will put your body into starvation mode and then it won't lose anything. What are your proportions of carbs/protein/fats? Perhaps you're a bit high in carbs or fats? Perhaps you're a bit sensitive to carbs or your sodium intake could be a little on the high side. Are you tracking your foods - perhaps you could post a typical days menu and we could see if there's something you've missed.

But so far, you're doing an awesome job!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #3  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Link

Try this link. I posted this yesterday. Hope it helps.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170270
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  

thank you for your responses
Old 04-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
My goodness, Diamond, look at how far you've come! 110 pounds lost is a massive amount of weight! That's brilliant.
i have only lost about 10 pounds so far i think i might have had my tracker thing mixed up sorry. But Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Since you're working out at a gym you should definitely incorporate weight training... Muscles burn energy/calories at rest and that's a very good thing...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote