Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - April 27th to May3rd

New pages for a new week!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone
Sorry I didnt get back on here last night.
After the guys came home with the new mower. Had to take the cart back to my Mom and Dads. So went with them. And visited for a little bit. Then stopped at hubby's brothers for a little bit. Then came home. And I was tired and just didnt get back on.
I hope everyone had a good day.

VICKIE Glad you got your sample. Hope weigh in is/was good for you. I am really dreading weighing in today. I have been so off track this week it isnt funny. I have to really start tracking. And stop the BLT's. I have been really bad about this week.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
I hope everyone has a great day today.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. We're having glorious thunderstorms with much needed rain. I love this kind of day. I'm still op and am now 1/5 way to my 30 day goal. Life is good.

Paula, thank you for the new pages.

Vickie, I'm very sorry about Cassie. I hope all that you're doing works. As to ear problems--mine have been ringing for over 10 years now. I don't really notice it and my hearing loss isn't too bad. I hope you have as easy a time as I'm having.

Coco, all my flowers are in beds. Curtis built me raised beds and that makes it soooo much easier for watering and weeding.

Maryann, congratulations on losing those 2 lbs. I'm still wi daily and am feeling like I'm back into a rhythm.

Kathy, you and Vickie are still just youngsters. I'm 62. You're right about bodies changing. Most of the time I'm feeling good but every now and then something pops up to remind me I'm not a spring chicken any more.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, Sandra, you're a spring chicken too: I'm 63 plus

OK, today has just got to be a low calorie day, with water, and Does painting my house count? This project of getting the house ready seems to have NO end!

Oh well...

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to go with Leo to get his petscan,in a new place about 1 hr away from our home. When we got there,I was in the waiting room and a five minutes alter the tech told me that they had to pick him 8 x's and we had to cancel the appointment,for another day.

My ankle was really bothering me yesterday so I called the doctor & I finally have appointment to have a MRI on my ankle its tomorrow at 7:30 AM. and than a follow up with the orthopedic doctor.

My doctor just called and my cholesterol count is down
[TOTAL CH 208-TRIGLY 231-HDL 45 & LDL 117]

Thanks for all the congrats wishes I really appreciate them as I was struggling the last couple of months with the stubborn poundage.

COCO-Glad to here she fine.I guess it spring and we all are trying to get our garden & lawns in order. I have beautiful periwinkles as a ground cover and the go between my blooming bushes like rodies and azaleas in the front.

SANDRA-I don't mind the rain but you can have the thunderstorms. I hate them ever since I was a child.

It used to frustrate me to the end weighing in and see fluctuation day to day but if you forget about the number and use it as a tool your OK.That's why I doing it again.

VICKIE-HOPE you had a good W-I.and good night sleep after worrying about your doggy.

Have a great afternoon

Last edited by beach bum; 04-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 2.4 pounds chicks! Now I'm at 20.8. It feels good to finally have a formula.

Gotta go have my consultation with the doggy nutritionist!

Last edited by Vickie; 04-27-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Maryann, what a bummer having to change the procedure date. I feel sad for Leo. And I feel sad for you. I'm glad you're getting the MRI.

Rhonda, you definitely get kudos for painting. And you're right. You'll prob never get finished, but just look how far you've come getting your place ready. You're going to make someone very very happy. Well, you'll also make yourself happy cuz of the $$$$ difference. I'm trying to eat low points today, too. It's weird how some days are easier than others, isn't it?

Vickie, on the weightloss. You're doing great.

Kathy, do you still live at the same location? I was thinking you were talking about moving. We're competing at the Dallas Area Senior Games Saturday. I hope we have dry weather then.

And you young chicks that are at least 50 yo qualify now for Senior Games (previously known as Senior Olympics). There are numerous events. Competing is a wonderful way to get some exercise and have fun. Here's the link for more info if you're interested: http://www.nsga.com/DesktopDefault.aspx The National Senior Games are in San Francisco this year. State games are held annually and nationals on odd-numbered years. To compete at nationals, you have to qualify the previous year at a state event. We didn't compete last year so we won't be going to San Fran.

Rhonda, I think they have racewalking as an event. 2011 Nationals will be in Houston.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, Vickie!! That's GREAT!!

Yes, Sandra, we're still in Mansfield. We were looking at the TCU area but it's farther to work. We also talk about moving to Kentucky since we have two houses there to choose from, and it would be nice to get away to a small town. Small as in Eubank has fewer than 500 people (the house there is in town). The house at Willow Springs is out in the middle of nowhere in Casey County, and nearest town is Liberty, which has around 2,000. We could sure stand to slow down a whole lot. It's just a matter of would we work and if so, where? The house in Eubank would be an hour commute to Lexington, and we have an L-3 facility there, but we'd rather live at Willow because there is more land and I could have my goats. The house in Eubank is on about an acre. Confused yet?

The rain was nice but it means a week's worth of mopping every day until it dries up. I've never been able to teach the big dogs how to sidestep the mud puddles, and they refuse to wear shoes.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Kathy, thank you for telling me about your opportunities. We don't have any pets. We just watch the birds, rabbits, and squirrels. Of course, Curtis has been out but he watched out for mud puddles.

I've been hungrier today and have used some WPA's. Life goes on.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I've just returned from pottery class. I brought home my first two pots. Lately, I've been hand building, and I think I like it better than the wheel. Tonight I made a butter dish which will get glazed and fired next week.

I'm really hungry and I think I'll scramble some eggs since I didn't really get dinner. Have a great night everyone.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Rhonda, I liked hand building more than the wheel too. There was one thing I wanted to make but never got around to it. It was a large flat oval, with a hole in the middle and notches on each end. It slipped over the next of a wine bottle and then wine glasses hung upside down on each side of it, with their stems in that notch. I'll see if I can find a picture of one. It was really cool looking and so easy (at least, it seemed so). I still have two pots at the studio that need to be glazed and fired. They've been there for about six months. LOL! I keep forgetting to go.

I bought some of those Curves sandals today from Avon. You've probably seen them; they're like the fitflops that tone your legs while you walk. I guess we'll see!!
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Things are still a little bit of crazy here but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of all of you and wishing you well on your programs and in your lives.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would check in for a few.
Weigh in was awful last night. Knew it would be. I gained 3 lbs. I think a good bit of it is fluid. My ankles and hands are swelled. I didnt drink as much water as I should have. Now with the warmer weather I will have to make sure I drink more.

VICKIE CONGRATS on the loss. That is great. You are doing good.
Hope Cassie is doing ok. Are your ears feeling any better. My Mom has the ringing in her ears. Sometimes it is worse than others she says.

TECHALUM Hope you are doing ok.

TEJAS Sounds like you are enjoying your pottery class. You can make all kinds of new dishes for your new place.

ONTARGET Were your storms bad. Hope not. Guess we are to be getting some rain. It is starting to cloud up some now. Nice breeze blowing. And suppose to get some cooler temps. But we need the rain. Know they have a burn warning out. Good job on staying OP. I need to get back on track myself.

BEACHBUM that is awful they had to pick hubby that many times. Hope your MRI and DR's appt goes well.

KATPO My sister bought the tennis shoes from Avon that is suppose to tone your legs as you walk. She said she kinda likes them. I have a friend that lives in Kentucky. It is pretty down there.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you are having a good day.

Well l better get off here and get busy.
Will be back later.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #14  

Happy Tuesday! Its HOT today -- kathy and Sandra, I'm sending the heat back to you....way too early to be 90! Its now 12:30 and I'm done with my errands and took a 45 minute powerwalk. Next is getting the patio furniture out.

Maryann, are you at the beach today? It would be a good day for it! Hope you and Leo are feeling better.

Vickie, congrats on the loss! Your doing great. What was the change at JC that got things moving? I recall they were adding calories and cutting out some of their food. How much JC food are you eating now vs your own? Courious minds....

Well, going to make some iced tea and go back out. DH is working around here today - more yard work. Its nice he is self employeed and we get some Tuesdays together.

BBL
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #15  

Coco, don't let the loss get you down. If its what you think, keep drinking tons of water and the scale will start moving!