Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 09:39 AM   #1  

Question I'm new here...Just trying to figure all this out!

I am 33 years old. A mother on one Daughter that is 4. Married to someone that has never been overweight in his life. I have been overweight all my life and my daughter is on the same track. It breaks my heart to think that she will live the same life I have! I started Weight Watchers in April and have lost, gained, lost, gained, well you all get the picture....As of last Tuesday I had lost 20lbs. Weigh-in is on Tuesday's and I dread going this Tuesday!! I have had a bad week! I hope to start over tomorrow with a new outlook. I also hope to get support from this board. When I was younger I had the outlook that I just had to be thin or I would never be happy...Now I just want to lose enough to live! I no longer have the desire to be thin. So, I really don't know what that number is. I just know it's less that this! A hundred pounds ago I thought I was just sooooo fat, I would love to be that 229lb fat girl now! Well, I hate to go on and on...Just need some encouragement and friendship...

Elaine
Old 06-09-2002, 09:57 AM   #2  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi Elaine, welcome!

That's what we're here for, to support each other along the way. Good job on the 20 pounds. That's no small accomplishment! I think you've got the key to success in your post --- to start over again, but why not start all over right now? Why wait for tomorrow?

I've always been overweight too. I don't know how much I should weigh, because I was overweight as a child too. I'm 28 now. I also have family members who have always been thin and who eat alot of junk food and still don't gain weight. They don't understand the struggle we have because they have never struggled with weight.

I like your concentration on health. Sounds good to me. I want to be healthy too.

Keep up the good work.

Jeanne
250/206/145
Old 06-09-2002, 02:18 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

[[[[[[[[elaine]]]]]]]]

welcome to the group!!! there's such a lot of wisdom and humor around here!!! and lots of good advice. other boards have lots of help as well, but the folks around here KNOW what it's like to lose 20 pounds and not have it show!!!! [just as one example]. people on other boards have only 20 pounds to lose!!!!

so, go explore the site.. there have been several interesting threads recently, especially the one on stress.

ask lots of questions. post regularly. hang out. as long as your little fingers are typing away, ya can't eat!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 06:28 PM   #4  

Angry Thanks to Both of You!

Just wanted to say Thanks to you both! I have read lots of great things about this board and hope to make lots of friends here! I have two more paid weeks of WW left, so I will be here often! I really can't afford to do another 12 weeks.

Thanks again for the encouragment, hope to talk with you both again really soon!

Elaine
Old 06-09-2002, 10:14 PM   #5  
gbo

Welcome Elaine......
We all know just how you feel and believe me we are all experienced at being fat and are very sucessful at it I might add.
Now we band together in order to have the same success in reverse. This is most definately the place to come to change your life and get the support you need to rebuild your life constructively rather than destructively. This is a great board with wonderful people who will stand by you no matter what so take heart and posi everyday . Set small goals and one by one your confidence will build and you will make all the changes you choose to make. Take care.
Pam
Old 06-10-2002, 09:09 AM   #6  

Welcome Elaine..we all know that painful cycle, lose some, gain more. It's a horible roller coaster, and even worse so when we realize that were the only ones who can stop it.
I am glad you found us. Just reading and postng will encourage you and inspire you to stay on track. Of course it's not always that easy. We all struggle, that's why we need eachother. Sometimes we just need a swift kick in the butt, or a shoulder to lean on. it's nice not to feel so alone. Make yourself at home, and read and posts as much as possible. Best Wishes along your journey..
Old 06-10-2002, 11:46 AM   #7  

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy us all.

If you have any questions please feel free to post, or reply any time you have the urge. We all do.

Again, good luck on your journey and welcome.

Bella23
Old 06-10-2002, 12:46 PM   #8  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Elaine! You will find this board so supportive and wonderful. It's one of the key ingredients in my plan; it's kept me "honest" on more occasion that one!

20 lbs. is a great start! I know how you feel about wishing you you were "fat" like you were before. In high school, I weighed about 160 and thought I was the biggest in the world. What I wouldn't give for 160 today!

Jennelle
242.5/227/140

Next Mini-Goal: 217 by July 4
Closed Thread