Old 04-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Newbie to MF need some insight please!!!!!

Hello everyone,

I am about to start medifast tomm. and just have some general questions maybe some of you all could help me out with. I have an appoitment tomm. with a Medifast center thats close to my house for a free consultation. Now Ive been reading on some other forums that the cost of going to the center is more expensive than just ordering online. I just want to go to the center to get some info about the program and just general questions that I have so I know how to do it correctly but Im going into the center tommorrow with the intensions of starting the program. Can I just go to the center tomm. get my questions answered and purchase the food through them without signing up to actually be a member of the center. Or would I have to order online if I dont plan on becoming a member of the center. And then would I always have to buy online or vice versa would I always have to purchase through the center. Does anyone know the cost of becoming a member of the center? And if so do you knwo if it has to be one large sum for the month or weekly payments? Is there anybody here who is a member of the center and feels like its better than just doing it online with support from the forums? If there has been anyone who has gone to a center, could you tell me what to expect. And Ive been reading that the cost for a month supply online is around $300-$400, would that be the same in the center if I just picked the food up there. Sorry I have so many questions I would just like some insight on what to expect tomm. IM EXCITED!!!!

***Im posted on 3fc a couple of times already and have been researching and I think Medifast is the best way for me to go right now, I jsut feel like I need a break from junk food.

I have introduced myself on other boards but let me introduce myself to this Forum. I am a 21 year old female from Dallas, TX. How has been overweight for as long as I can remember a couple of months ago I started a new job, and started college and gained alot of extra weight on my 5'2 frame. I was fed up with it and was considering Weight Loss Surgery, I met with the surgeon and attended the classes but my insurance requires 3 months supervised diet. I am currently 1 1/2 months in but having alot of doubts about it and thinking that WLS is the right option for me since I havent really tryed all the options out there. I currently weigh 228 and am just ready to get this weight off for good. And I feel like medifast could really benefit me since I just really need to get away from all this junk food I have been eating.

I look forward to meeting all of you!!!

Stacey
CountryGal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Hey, I don't know much about the centers, but I have read in other posts you cannot get the food there, you have to order it. Not sure if that is true of all centers. I think most of us just use the food delivery.

If you do order your food, make sure to search online for Medifast coupon codes. There are coupons for $150 or more and $300 or more. You put the coupon code in at the end of the order.

I have been on this diet for 5 days and have lost 7 pounds. It is hard, but it is worth it.

BTW, I am a nurse who works with patients who have had weight loss surgery. I would advise you to try every other option available. You are soooooo young. For most people, it works pretty well, but they go through a lot of pain, nausea, and have to recover from major surgery. But, sadly, for a small percentage of people, they never recover. We have patients come back in who can't stop vomiting, and have to be tube fed. Some patients die. I don't mean to scare you - for some people, it is the only things that helps them, but I don't think doctors always prepare patients for worst case scenario.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose to do!
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote